jETz ##!@# vS rAMz dA GaMe THrreaD is HERe

Maxman

This team.....at a total loss for words how utterly pointless this win was. 

Darnold again did nothing all 2nd half. Which has been his whole career so far; a dash of decency for a quarter or 2, and then a mess of awful.

Really, Morgan should have played. 

What was the point? 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, pdxgreen said:

I'm glad.   

I'm glad I don't to watch every week and HOPE MY TEAM LOSES.

Based on some wild notion that there's some "magic bullet" that will save this franchise.

Do you know how @"#@#: stupid that is?  If we'd have surrounded Sam with decent coaching and weapons... that would have SAVED this franchise!

Hiring Gase ruined this franchise's chances... not WINNING A SINGLE GAME.  

And some of the fans want to blame the players who are going out there every week and risking life altering injuries for being the bad guys.  They will be reminded that they were maybe the "worst team in the NFL history" for the rest of their lives.  Jeez.  I wonder WHY the are playing to win?

Saving our franchise will have to come making the right choices.  Not being so bad that fate hands you enough talent that it makes our team "idiot proof."  Justin Herbert is having the greatest rookie season is history and their team is still terrible.

Excellent post. Thanks for saving me the work.

Odd how good teams NEVER NEED HIGH DRAFT PICKS.. and they STAY good for years, eh?

Why?

Because they are driven in the pursuit of excellence, in all places & at all times!

And you cannot 'draft' management and coaches.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

The closest thing I can compare it to, personally, is the locker room announcement where Idzik told the team they were keeping Rex. Same feeling of hopelessness.

They're either gonna bring Gase back or hire the next coordinator to watch his side of the ball and ignore the other half of the team after telling the Johnson brothers about "toughness" in their interview. Again.

And lose out on The next Quarterback to have a battle between Fields and Darnold to suck some more. 

Johnsons had ONE JOB THIS MONTH; let everyone know from Joe Douglas down to the waterboys via winks and nods from Hymie Whatshisname The Tank was on. Play Morgan, rest Q, Maye and Becton as much as plausible. And these 2 clueless f___tards could not do that. 

• Post of the Week 1

Some keys to the game: Sam had no turnovers. He again played well in the 1st half but had a drop off in the 2nd half. Some of this could be coaching our staff this season not good in second half adjustments. But Sam did ok on the final drive and Jets held onto the ball. Ficken had a good game and made all of his kicks. Without that we lose. Mann made a great tackle on a run back (not the first time either) and probably stopped a TD. When you have a punter who can tackle and play special teams it’s a big plus. Most of these guys couldn’t tackle squat. It was mentioned after the game in the SNY postgame show by Jeane Coakley that he has a black belt in taekwondo  An appreciable difference on the D after Quinnen injured. This team needs its leaders and impact players and right now he’s the best player on the team or maybe tied with Becton. Also Chris Herndon was a factor. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rangers9 said:

Some keys to the game: Sam had no turnovers. He again played well in the 1st half but had a drop off in the 2nd half. Some of this could be coaching our staff this season not good in second half adjustments. But Sam did ok on the final drive and Jets held onto the ball. Ficken  had a good game and made all of his kicks. Without that we lose. Mann made a great tackle on a run back (not the first time either) and probably stopped a TD. When you have a punter who can tackle and play special teams it’s a big plus. Most of these guy couldn’t tackle squat. It was mentioned after the game in the SNY postgame show by Jeanelle Coakley they he has a black belt in Tai Kwando. An appreciable difference on the D after Quinnen injured. This team needs its leaders and impact players and right now he’s the best player on the team or maybe tied with Bechton. 

After 3 years, this kind of game is Darnold's high water mark. Suspect playing in his hometown of LA had a lot to do with him being some comfortable in the 1st half today. But it isn't good enough, not anywhere close. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

After 3 years, this kind of game is Darnold's high water mark. Suspect playing in his hometown of LA had a lot to do with him being some comfortable in the 1st half today. But it isn't good enough, not anywhere close. 

It was in LA and he’s from Orange County but there were no fans in the stands. I think they mentioned he didn’t encounter during the trip any SoCal pals because of Covid. We have no idea if he’ll be back next year or who the coaches and GM will be in 2021. We don’t even know about which owner will be in charge. But you’re right he’s inconsistent. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He's not.  F**k everyone suggesting we can "build around" him.  

lol. Tell me how you really feel. I get it, he’s a broken project. I’m not suggesting we rely on him, I’m just saying I wish it would’ve worked out. It would be so nice right now to have all these pics and not have to worry about the QB position

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Paradis said:

lol. Tell me how you really feel. I get it, he’s a broken project. I’m not suggesting we rely on him, I’m just saying I wish it would’ve worked out. It would be so nice right now to have all these pics and not have to worry about the QB position

It sure would be.  Not having to worry about the QB position must be nice for those teams in that situation.  We haven't since maybe Ken O'Brien.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Aussie Jet said:

Lawrence goes on to have a HoF career in Jacksonville. Our pick flames out after a few seasons and doesn't get a second contract with the Jets, bounces around the league for a few seasons then fades into obscurity. This is the way.

game of thrones khaleesi GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, dbatesman said:

I just want to hear you say this, on the record: you believe that the Jets’ long-term prospects are better because they’ll finish 1-15 and miss out on Trevor Lawrence than they would have been had they gone 0-16 and gotten Trevor Lawrence?

For the record I don't believe the tank exists in the NFL

TL was never going to be the savior here. He's a nice dude he's not LeBron 

No single NFL player can save a team when the roster has 55 dudes and average player career is less than 3 years 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, bitonti said:

For the record I don't believe the tank exists in the NFL

TL was never going to be the savior here. He's a nice dude he's not LeBron 

No single NFL player can save a team when the roster has 55 dudes and average player career is less than 3 years 

You didn’t answer the question.  Are the Jets better off going 0-16 and getting Trevor Lawrence or are they better off going 1-15 and not getting Trevor Lawrence?

12 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You didn’t answer the question.  Are the Jets better off going 0-16 and getting Trevor Lawrence or are they better off going 1-15 and not getting Trevor Lawrence?

The Jets are better off with Sewell than TL 

TL not a culture fit for this town and they don't have the infrastructure on offense to support him. 

He would have ended up like either Mike nugent (Country boy syndrome) or Andrew luck David Carr (too many hits) 

Draft Sewell, cement a top 10 line and find playmakers. The team has dire needs up and down the roster 

I do not see why this is so crazy 

• Upvote 1

Just now, bitonti said:

TL not a culture fit for this town and they don't have the infrastructure on offense to support him. 

He would have ended up like either Mike nugent (Country boy syndrome) or Andrew luck David Carr (too many hits) 

Draft Sewell, cement a top 10 line and find playmakers. The team has dire needs up and down the roster 

Un-f*cking-believable.

Wow.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Google penei Sewell 

He's as good a lineman prospect as TL is a qb prospect 

I know who Sewell is.

We have a LT.

We need, more than anything, a QB.  Your wack-a-doo conspiracy theory that Trevor Lawrence wouldn’t fit in if he came to the Tri-State area doesn’t make Sewell the better f*cking choice.  

QB >>>>>>>>>>>> everything else.  Especially when you have a franchise LT already.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I know who Sewell is.

We have a LT.

We need, more than anything, a QB.  Your wack-a-doo conspiracy theory that Trevor Lawrence wouldn’t fit in if he came to the Tri-State area doesn’t make Sewell the better f*cking choice.  

QB >>>>>>>>>>>> everything else.  Especially when you have a franchise LT already.

is the same exact logic Mac used when he drafted Sam over Quenton Nelson 

Sam looked way more comfy playing in LA today 

Build a team then draft the savior (who wants to be here) 

Not the other way around 

For contract reasons if nothing else you have to load the team up then find a rookie qb that is cheap 

The Russell Wilson model 

15 minutes ago, bitonti said:

wtf

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Google penei Sewell 

He's as good a lineman prospect as TL is a qb prospect 

I agree with this, but QB is a much more important position.

The bottom line is that the Jets don’t have the right QB in the building. Lawrence seemed like a great shot to get a good young QB and getting the QB is ultimately the key part of any rebuild. 

Whatever happens this offseason, the Jets need to draft another QB. Sewell or no Sewell. WRs or no WRs. Edge, corners, whatever. None of it matters without upgrading at QB. 

They aren’t building anything here with a guy who throws for 200 yards every once in a while. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I agree with this, but QB is a much more important position.

The bottom line is that the Jets don’t have the right QB in the building. Lawrence seemed like a great shot to get a good young QB and getting the QB is ultimately the key part of any rebuild. 

Whatever happens this offseason, the Jets need to draft another QB. Sewell or no Sewell. WRs or no WRs. Edge, corners, whatever. None of it matters without upgrading at QB. 

They aren’t building anything here with a guy who throws for 200 yards every once in a while. 

There's a thread suck for Sam 17 that predicted Sam would be the savior. 

I've not been a fan of Sam but he hasn't had a chance here and TL would be stepping into a worse roster than Sam did in 2017

The assumption is that TL is perfect and will be awesome no matter what is a pretty huge assumption.

It's betting that the Jets won't ruin him. Which we all know is a terrible bet 

And this is not a pro Sam post. I want the Jets to open up a qb competition not coronation for another savior 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, bitonti said:

is the same exact logic Mac used when he drafted Sam over Quenton Nelson 

Sam looked way more comfy playing in LA today 

Build a team then draft the savior (who wants to be here) 

Not the other way around 

For contract reasons if nothing else you have to load the team up then find a rookie qb that is cheap 

The Russell Wilson model 

Sam and Trevor aren’t in the same stratosphere as prospects.  What an absolutely stupid comparison.

Who is this magical savior?  Who?  Give me a name.