Jump to content

jETz ##!@# vS rAMz dA GaMe THrreaD is HERe


Maxman
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, HessStation said:

Yeah that is for sure...imo the whole possibility of Cowher or Harbaugh is gone without the first pick. 
Now the narrative’s are:

1. First, let’s pray for a Jags win out of their ass and two more Jets losses

2. First instinct, however, is fear they play well these final two games and Gase/Darnold are back. There’s where genuine apocalyptic thoughts enter my brain. If Gase is back, There’s no words, Max will have to ban me bc I’ll be that unhinged. If just Darnold is back you have to pray they ace their picks AND ace their new HC (like basically a miracle happens) and Darnold really grows up under this new regime). I’ll give that a 5% likelihood being optimistic

3. Even tho Fields isn’t the slam dunk maybe him or one of these other guys ....STOP....you know what **** this.... whatever. Just whatever 

If a coach is only coming here for one specific player then I don't want him anywhere the team.

Simple as that.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, jamesr said:

If a coach is only coming here for one specific player then I don't want him anywhere the team.

Simple as that.

 

I mean, where do you think the Jets fall in the pecking order? This is the biggest issue with losing #1, moreso than Trevor himself.

1) Chargers

2) Jags (can swap 1/2 if you want)

3) Maybe the Jets? It really wouldn't shock me if more coaches were interested in the Texans and Falcons jobs over us.

Losing Trevor hurts this franchise in more ways than one.

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

For the record I don't believe the tank exists in the NFL

TL was never going to be the savior here. He's a nice dude he's not LeBron 

No single NFL player can save a team when the roster has 55 dudes and average player career is less than 3 years 

 

So ... you're saying not to put money on a Jax Superbowl win in the next 4/5 years, correct? :D 

I'm still trying to recall the last #1 pick QB to go on and win a Superbowl ... I think it's Manning, correct? From 2004. And prior to that it was ... Manning, correct? In 25 years that's two #1 QBs who won the Superbowl.

But yeah, without TLaw we're screwed ... 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I mean, where do you think the Jets fall in the pecking order? This is the biggest issue with losing #1, moreso than Trevor himself.

1) Chargers

2) Jags (can swap 1/2 if you want)

3) Maybe the Jets? It really wouldn't shock me if more coaches were interested in the Texans and Falcons jobs over us.

Losing Trevor hurts this franchise in more ways than one.

I'd be wary of going to the Falcons ... that's a team that are needing to move on from their top QB, top wideout / player overall, and don;t have the draft capital or cap space that we have. Texans have hardly any draft capital at all and are lacking talent at a lot of spots.

Chargers may hang on to Lynn, hard to say ... they're playing well, just struggling to close it out. May want continuity for Herbert rather than a fresj start.

Jags vs. Jets - small market vs. big market; might appeal to some, deter others.

So it's tough to say who has the "best offer" - but our cap situation and draft capital are still the best on offer, TL or no TL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

There's a thread suck for Sam 17 that predicted Sam would be the savior. 

I've not been a fan of Sam but he hasn't had a chance here and TL would be stepping into a worse roster than Sam did in 2017

The assumption is that TL is perfect and will be awesome no matter what is a pretty huge assumption.

It's betting that the Jets won't ruin him. Which we all know is a terrible bet 

And this is not a pro Sam post. I want the Jets to open up a qb competition not coronation for another savior 

All these threads portending that "this guy" is the savior reminds me of Life of Brian ... "he is the Messiah, and I should know - I've followed a few".

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

is the same exact logic Mac used when he drafted Sam over Quenton Nelson 

Sam looked way more comfy playing in LA today 

Build a team then draft the savior (who wants to be here) 

Not the other way around 

For contract reasons if nothing else you have to load the team up then find a rookie qb that is cheap 

The Russell Wilson model 

Thing is, you don't get the chance to draft That QB all that often. You fight with the army you have, not the one you'd like to have. And for the Jets, the best possible component would have been Lawrence. When then would you expect the Jets to have a shot at any QB worth a damn? It's a zero sum game. You are not going to have that perfect day when it all comes together. You need to add quality pieces at key positions (like not taking a safety over a QB, but let me go bang my head against the wall for another few decades). Lawrence would have been a HUGE piece. Now that's gone because of stupidity, malfeasance and total incompetence. They Jets AGAIN won a crap December game that basically crushed their franchise again. 

Darnold played a decent half probably after some time with his family in his hometown. You can't build on that. The Jets don't play in LA all that often. 

Unfathomable The Johnsons did not convey via Hymie Whatshisname that The Tank was a priority, play the kids, rest the good players. It's rank incompetence, but typical. In pro sports, tanking is 1. not unprecedented and 2. while frowned upon not punished. The Johnsons are such complete half-assing dolts they can f___ up f____ing things up. 

 

 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Sam and Trevor aren’t in the same stratosphere as prospects.  What an absolutely stupid comparison.

Who is this magical savior?  Who?  Give me a name.

If there was ever going to be a magical savior, it would have been Trevor Lawrence. I do agree with him about the team being garbage and worrying about TL’s impact because of it. Now that it’s moot point, we do need to just focus on building the team and I wouldn’t even waste a high pick on a QB until the team is fixed and coached up by a vet QB. What a f*cking disaster. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What a classic NY Jet moment: The team pulls out an improbable win and folks start talking about Super Bowls and the greatness of an obvious scrub QB.  Face facts: Yesterday's "win" was an outright calamity in this franchise's history of calamities.  Enjoy the ride to the Super Bowl with Gase and Darnold, boys and girls.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Lawrence would have been a HUGE piece. Now that's gone because of stupidity, malfeasance and total incompetence.

yes TL woulda beeen nice.

otherwise this is garbage. its b/c players want to win the games they play. the players committed malfeasance?

its only fans that want to lose games for draft picks and you all know that.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

If there was ever going to be a magical savior, it would have been Trevor Lawrence. I do agree with him about the team being garbage and worrying about TL’s impact because of it. Now that it’s moot point, we do need to just focus on building the team and I wouldn’t even waste a high pick on a QB until the team is fixed and coached up by a vet QB. What a f*cking disaster. 

3 years ago 95% of JN literally called sam the savior.

i'd go get stafford and trade down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, bitonti said:

The Jets are better off with Sewell than TL 

TL not a culture fit for this town and they don't have the infrastructure on offense to support him. 

 

He would have ended up like either Mike nugent (Country boy syndrome) or Andrew luck David Carr (too many hits) 

Draft Sewell, cement a top 10 line and find playmakers. The team has dire needs up and down the roster 

I do not see why this is so crazy 

 

5 hours ago, bitonti said:

is the same exact logic Mac used when he drafted Sam over Quenton Nelson 

Sam looked way more comfy playing in LA today 

Build a team then draft the savior (who wants to be here) 

Not the other way around 

For contract reasons if nothing else you have to load the team up then find a rookie qb that is cheap 

The Russell Wilson model 

The quarterback is the infrastructure. 
 

And it sure sucks that QBs from Southern California and QBs from the Deep South are incapable of succeeding here. I guess we’ll just have to wait for one of those blue-chip prospects from uhhh Bergen County to fall into our lap

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

3 years ago 95% of JN literally called sam the savior.

i'd go get stafford and trade down.

To be fair, he was a hopeful prospect and highest picked QB since Sanchez. I always worried about the USC connection but there was reason for hope. TL is a much better prospect and it’s apples and oranges. Trade down and vet QB is the way to go as we build through the draft the next 2 years. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

yes TL woulda beeen nice.

otherwise this is garbage. its b/c players want to win the games they play. the players committed malfeasance?

its only fans that want to lose games for draft picks and you all know that.

 

Know perfectly well in the heat of the game players aren't quitting. But tanking can be done, and it isn't punished. Rest this guy, let's get a look at the PS guy, let's see Morgan. That this was not disseminated by ownership shows yet again show rank incompetence. That some players are celebrating with a 1-13 record, God damn pathetic. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

 

The quarterback is the infrastructure. 
 

And it sure sucks that QBs from Southern California and QBs from the Deep South are incapable of succeeding here. I guess we’ll just have to wait for one of those blue-chip prospects from uhhh Bergen County to fall into our lap

Guess we have to goad a Simms brother out of retirement? 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

To be fair, he was a hopeful prospect and highest picked QB since Sanchez. I always worried about the USC connection but there was reason for hope. TL is a much better prospect and it’s apples and oranges. Trade down and vet QB is the way to go as we build through the draft the next 2 years. 

i was using the word savior cos it was literally used around here. not by me. i dint know who he was til pre-draft.usc not being very good and all. 

i know TL  and know he is good. so bold applies here.

zack wilson intrigues. me. he can be as good as baker, i think. (who has played smarter)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

i was using the word savior cos it was literally used around here. not by me. i dint know who he was til pre-draft.usc not being very good and all. 

i know TL  and know he is good. so bold applies here.

zack wilson intrigues. me. he can be as good as baker, i think. (who has played smarter)

I agree about ‚Äúsavior‚ÄĚ being used a lot¬†haha.¬†

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

 

The quarterback is the infrastructure. 
 

And it sure sucks that QBs from Southern California and QBs from the Deep South are incapable of succeeding here. I guess we’ll just have to wait for one of those blue-chip prospects from uhhh Bergen County to fall into our lap

The qb is not infrastructure he's the sportscar

To your 2nd point this is why Mahomes was a fit and Adams as well 

Both had profess level dads who lived in the city. Even Joe willy was from PA not really Alabama. 

These guys do exist. Jets fans need to realize that new york is not the country and if you draft country dudes like Trevor and mims they are going to spend their time complaining rather than playing 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jamesr said:

All these threads portending that "this guy" is the savior reminds me of Life of Brian ... "he is the Messiah, and I should know - I've followed a few".

Quoted for truth 

Go look at the list of 1 overall qbs 

I think the last one to anything was Eli

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Know perfectly well in the heat of the game players aren't quitting. But tanking can be done, and it isn't punished. Rest this guy, let's get a look at the PS guy, let's see Morgan. That this was not disseminated by ownership shows yet again show rank incompetence. That some players are celebrating with a 1-13 record, God damn pathetic. 

Incompetence would mean to me that ownership wanted to do it, tried to do it, but failed to do it.

I don't believe for a second this was some sort of miscommunication. It proved to me that tanking only exists in the collective minds of the fan base. Something to cling onto in another lost season that this is all some sort of grand plan.

Ownership, coaching and players all wanted to win, tried to win, and eventually won (though aided and abetted by the team on the opposite sideline playing like crap).

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

Quoted for truth 

Go look at the list of 1 overall qbs 

I think the last one to anything was Eli

Eli 17 years ago.

The latest "once in a generation talent" was Andrew Luck ... I must read up on the definition of "generation" sometime, it gets banded around way too much. ;-) 

My question is - If TL is all that, and he goes to Jacksonville, or comes here, how likely is it that he'll win a Superbowl with that team? I get that the chances for that team will be higher than they will be without him, but it's not going to improve the chances that much. If you start with a 3% chance (roughly 1 in 32), TL isn't going to suddenly make that 20% or 10%. 3.5%? 4%? 

(Cue the Dumb and Dumber "you're telling me there's a chance" meme :-) ).

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The qb is not infrastructure he's the sportscar

To your 2nd point this is why Mahomes was a fit and Adams as well 

Both had profess level dads who lived in the city. Even Joe willy was from PA not really Alabama. 

These guys do exist. Jets fans need to realize that new york is not the country and if you draft country dudes like Trevor and mims they are going to spend their time complaining rather than playing 

Lawrence grew up in the Atlanta suburbs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Lawrence grew up in the Atlanta suburbs. 

Where someone grows up does not define them forever. People move away and make choices. 

The problem is that Trevor did not move away 

Cartersville Georgia is not exactly stankonia

He went to school in the south Carolina back woods 

He's like a more gullible Chad personality wise or super Tebow 

I gotta be honest, I don't have a high level of confidence that kind of person thrives in NY/NJ 

Aka Sodom and Gomorrah 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Where someone grows up does not define them forever. People move away and make choices. 

The problem is that Trevor did not move away 

Cartersville Georgia is not exactly stankonia

He went to school in the south Carolina back woods 

He's like a more gullible Chad personality wise or super Tebow 

I gotta be honest, I don't have a high level of confidence that kind of person thrives in NY/NJ 

But Darnold also couldn’t thrive here because he’s from Southern California?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

But Darnold also couldn’t thrive here because he’s from Southern California?

Darnold was a terrible fit for the afc east too

More because he looks like he's on the ice planet of hoth when it dips below 40 degrees 

This is not a pro darnold post. A boogie boarder from Dana point is also a poor cultural fit for exit 13a ikea in Elizabeth 

Don't believe that? Look at yesterday. Darnold in LA is suddenly competent. 

The draft is not just about the prospect in a vacuum it's the fit between player and the team 

Could TL be amazing in NYC? Sure. He certainly has the talent. There's also a chance that he's Mike nugent. A 20 year player as long as you don't ask him to live in the city 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...