Rumors sources...on good authority

My sources that accurately predicted the Adams move are now telling me that the HC move is going to surprise alot of people in a bad way.

This is not good. Because that makes me think it is another out side the box type pick.

That ownership is planning on making the move and Joe D is going to have to just take it, although they are getting input it seems they are planning on doing what they want.

Joe seems to be taking it fine and working just build the talent of the roster as number one priority. That he want to make this his team and by next season he is expecting alot of problems to be gone.

For what it is worth, I hope to God they just pick someone that knows how to be a coach

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 5
  • WTF? 3
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

Bieniemy. It's happening. Just totally fits Woody's M.O. I'd handicap at 80% chance.

Suspect you may be correct. Bienemy may make a very good HC somewhere, but not here. The coordinator thing hasn't worked at all here. Every time, the former coordinator concentrates on his side of the ball to the detriment of the whole team. The Johnsons being spoiled brat turds have learned nothing and forgotten everything. Has to be a big dog or things won't change. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Suspect you may be correct. Bienemy may make a very good HC somewhere, but not here. The coordinator thing hasn't worked at all here. Every time, the former coordinator concentrates on his side of the ball to the detriment of the whole team. The Johnsons being spoiled brat turds have learned nothing and forgotten everything. Has to be a big dog or things won't change. 

I think the Johnsons want to be involved. It’s the only thing that makes sense. Easier to control and get the attention of a coordinator than a big time program builder.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Samtorobby47 said:

Dear god, we’re going after Bill O’Brien or Marvin Lewis aren’t we. 

So we're choosing between a guy who ran an undisciplined mess that won nothing going on 2 decades, once losing a playoff game with more 15 yard unsportmanslike penalties ever called in a playoff game.  And a guy who traded away his best wide receiver for no discernible reason at all, getting a envelope of expired magic beans and 2 contractor bags filled with empty deposit cans and bottles. Also, recommended Mike Maccagnan pick Christian Hackenberg. GREAT!

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Harbuagh/Cowher would command $10M+ per. Unless Woody had some kind of epiphany in London, I can't see that happening.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Harbuagh/Cowher would command $10M+ per. Unless Woody had some kind of epiphany in London, I can't see that happening.

Well, if this franchise wants to be a serious NFL team, that is what it's gonna take. There's no salary cap for coaches. Yet somehow, as But has noted over and over, the Jets HC, somehow, always, no matter what,  is always some remainder bin guy making the least $ or close to the least salary of any NFL HC. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I expect a coordinator. Douglas and new coach will report separately. Johnsons and biz side hire coach. Rinse repeat

23 minutes ago, jgb said:

Bieniemy. It's happening. Just totally fits Woody's M.O. I'd handicap at 80% chance.

If it were a coordinator, JD could probably do the picking with anyone he wants. The ownership let him ship Jamal and Williams at his discretion, I doubt they would interfere if it was just a coordinator hire. 

The only way this makes sense, is if it's an established ex coach that ownership wants to bring in. 

Harbaugh, Cowher, Lewis, Obrien. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, JTJet said:

If it were a coordinator, JD could probably do the picking with anyone he wants. The ownership let him ship Jamal and Williams at his discretion, I doubt they would interfere if it was just a coordinator hire. 

The only way this makes sense, is if it's an established ex coach that ownership wants to bring in. 

Why do you think the Johnsons would let JD hire anyone? There’s been no indication that they’ve given him that type of authority.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

They may let JD pick, but give him such a limited budget that he won't bring home lobster and caviar.