Rumors sources...on good authority

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Well, if this franchise wants to be a serious NFL team, that is what it's gonna take. There's no salary cap for coaches. Yet somehow, as But has noted over and over, the Jets HC, somehow, always, no matter what,  is always some remainder bin guy making the least $ or close to the least salary of any NFL HC. 

Fans want it to be a serious NFL team. Woody wants it to be seriously profitable. The difference between Bieniemy and Harbaugh is $5M a year straight money into Woody's pocket. And that's net. That's real money even to a billionaire.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, MadMikeyG said:

Seriously asking, why is this guy being believed? There is 3 weeks left in the season and they already made their decision. With all the rumors and really good choices out there they are picking someone who we will all hate. I’m not saying original post is wrong just asking why is everyone taking it as gospel and getting to ready to jump off a bridge? 

Because it sounds exactly like the Jets. Jets fans excited for a new era, naming top candidates.
When in reality ownership doesn’t let the GM do his thing and picks someone completely off the map when they have no clue and Fs it all up. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Skeptable said:

******* bs... This says nothing at all... All you say here is that someone you know seems to have heard a name of a candidate they are considering and he doesn't seem like a good choice to this person... 

To say Joe d is not part of the process or doesn't have input is 'fake news' as jackasses say...

The fact that you sheep believe this crap or think there is any news here is disgusting. 

I agree but you have to admit that everything is within the realm of possibility with this fukcing ownership.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

My sources that accurately predicted the Adams move are now telling me that the HC move is going to surprise alot of people in a bad way.

This is not good. Because that makes me think it is another out side the box type pick.

That ownership is planning on making the move and Joe D is going to have to just take it, although they are getting input it seems they are planning on doing what they want.

Joe seems to be taking it fine and working just build the talent of the roster as number one priority. That he want to make this his team and by next season he is expecting alot of problems to be gone.

For what it is worth, I hope to God they just pick someone that knows how to be a coach

This would imply that the Johnsons have already done their research and selected candidates before the season has even finished. It could even imply they’ve reached an informal agreement. 

Assuming no negotiations have taken place behind the scenes with an active coordinator, this could imply a college or inactive NFL figure.

Second and third order effects: the Johnsons may want to finish the season by tanking to get Lawrence to improve the team’s appeal. They would be in on the tank

1 minute ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Because it sounds exactly like the Jets. Jets fans excited for a new era, naming top candidates.
When in reality ownership doesn’t let the GM do his thing and picks someone completely off the map when they have no clue and Fs it all up. 

Like who... Name 1 candidate that would be worse then this coach just 1

5 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

******* bs... This says nothing at all... All you say here is that someone you know seems to have heard a name of a candidate they are considering and he doesn't seem like a good choice to this person... 

To say Joe d is not part of the process or doesn't have input is 'fake news' as jackasses say...

The fact that you sheep believe this crap or think there is any news here is disgusting. 

+1 Hell everyone on the board with half a brain knew Jamal was going to be traded. Some fans just love posting negative crap and the SOJF love to believe it..:beer: 

• Upvote 1

Just now, mrcoops said:

I wouldn't hate Lewis at all.

Not my first choice by a long shot, but he's a good coach and would be a solid, if unexciting, choice after the Gase debacle.

He coached the Bengals for close to two decades and never won a playoff game. They had one of the biggest meltdowns in NFL history. Played undisciplined football. The Bengals were decent because they drafted pretty well. The Jets don’t draft well. 

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

My sources that accurately predicted the Adams move are now telling me that the HC move is going to surprise alot of people in a bad way.

This is not good. Because that makes me think it is another out side the box type pick.

That ownership is planning on making the move and Joe D is going to have to just take it, although they are getting input it seems they are planning on doing what they want.

Joe seems to be taking it fine and working just build the talent of the roster as number one priority. That he want to make this his team and by next season he is expecting alot of problems to be gone.

For what it is worth, I hope to God they just pick someone that knows how to be a coach

They’re going to hire Joe Torre.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, MadMikeyG said:

Seriously asking, why is this guy being believed? There is 3 weeks left in the season and they already made their decision. With all the rumors and really good choices out there they are picking someone who we will all hate. I’m not saying original post is wrong just asking why is everyone taking it as gospel and getting to ready to jump off a bridge? 

Because it's familiar.

17 minutes ago, jgb said:

Fans want it to be a serious NFL team. Woody wants it to be seriously profitable. The difference between Bieniemy and Harbaugh is $5M a year straight money into Woody's pocket. And that's net. That's real money even to a billionaire.

SADLY, I think this is probably right. 

Only thing we can hope is he has a Leon Hess moment and decides he needs to step.  But I'm pretty confident we're going to end up with the $3mm a year flavor of the month coordinator.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

I think Gase could stay with the franchise in some capacity. Maybe front office.

And the reporting structure remains the same - Douglas doesn’t choose the new coach. 

no words to express my grief at all this.  WTF?  Is he bringing back Rex? Parcells?  Herm?  Kotite?