Rumors sources...on good authority

1 minute ago, PCP63 said:

JD has been great for us. What kinda stuff you smokin? 

How has he been great?

I keep hearing everyone tell me this but I've seen nothing in support of it.  In fact I've seen just about everything to the contrary. 

He has fielded, literally, the worst team in the history of the NFL.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

10 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

If what the op is saying is true it sounds like it's already a done deal. If that's the case I think it would have to be someone who isn't coaching games this weekend.

Didn't get that sense from OP's post. Read it more like they're not targeting premium HC candidates.

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

How has he been great?

I keep hearing everyone tell me this but I've seen nothing in support of it.  In fact I've seen just about everything to the contrary. 

He has fielded, literally, the worst team in the history of the NFL.

Give me some bad moves he made. Don't even bother with trades. He made the trade of the decade. 

10 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

If what the op is saying is true it sounds like it's already a done deal. If that's the case I think it would have to be someone who isn't coaching games this weekend.

It's not true. 

I've heard several accounts from actual reporters of the Jets plan.  And it sounds like it will be a thorough, thoughtful approach.  They are going to talk to everyone...first zoom calls, then meetings etc.

No way they have already signed someone, it really isn't a reasonable thing to consider,

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

The only coaches the Jets should be looking at (besides the obvious big names e.g Urban/Cowher) are college coaches who were HC’s and won at non traditional football schools then got a better job and won there too.  The Jets are a mess and need a program guy. Matt Campbell fits that profile. Anything else is unacceptable. 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

Give me some bad moves he made. Don't even bother with trades. He made the trade of the decade. 

JD signed Kaare Vedvik, Sergio Castillo, Ryan Kalil.  Ashtyn Davis looks really bad.  Goofed up contract negotiations with Robby

I agree about the Adams trade.  Liked the haul we got.  I also loved the Becton and Mims picks.  So, mixed record so far at best

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, flgreen said:

I have 0 sources.  None.  But I can guarantee you whoever the Jets hire, if they hire anyone, is going to piss off most of the board.

If by some freak the OP's sources are correct, kind of sounds like Rex.  LOL

Man that would be fun on here.

The Johnsons actually figured out a way to downgrade from Bowles.

I have the utmost confidence they will hire a crappy offensive coordinator who will be fired in 2 years.  Lawrence should be afraid, very afraid.

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

My sources that accurately predicted the Adams move are now telling me that the HC move is going to surprise alot of people in a bad way.

This is not good. Because that makes me think it is another out side the box type pick.

That ownership is planning on making the move and Joe D is going to have to just take it, although they are getting input it seems they are planning on doing what they want.

Joe seems to be taking it fine and working just build the talent of the roster as number one priority. That he want to make this his team and by next season he is expecting alot of problems to be gone.

For what it is worth, I hope to God they just pick someone that knows how to be a coach

Your source is pulling your leg.  No way a coach has been met with and agreed on, no way they've already picked him and shoved him on JD.  We have agreed on a HC while still having a HC and none of the college coaches having been spoken to.  LOL

Took real inside info to predict that Adams after trashing the team, owner, GM & HC would be moved.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Suspect you may be correct. Bienemy may make a very good HC somewhere, but not here. The coordinator thing hasn't worked at all here. Every time, the former coordinator concentrates on his side of the ball to the detriment of the whole team. The Johnsons being spoiled brat turds have learned nothing and forgotten everything. Has to be a big dog or things won't change. 

Bring back Rex to run the defense! Could it get any worse?

20 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

Seriously? 

Let's start with - He put together the WORST roster in the history of the NFL.  But to get Specific...

• Every FA OL move he made has been awful.  He signed other teams back-ups as our starters and he expected something more?
  • Not keeping the only offensive weapon this team and losing him over a $2mm
  • Signing a 37 year old RB to be the starter
  • Every draft pick after Becton and Mims and even Mims is a question mark - right now through 13 games he has total of 19 catches and 0 TD's.  I won't call him bad yet because Mims looks okay when he's playing, but he's gotta find a way to stay healthy.
  • Corners FA pick ups - all disaster.
  • Come to think of it, not a single good FA signing
  • Trade of the decade? Trading away a top 10 pass rusher on a team that has no talent...Not a great move by a long shot.  I was okay with this move because the Jets needed offense over defense.  But he has to do something with those picks.  Drafting an impact level player like Adams with any of those 3 picks is by no means a lock.
  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1