Rumors sources...on good authority

Just now, Philc1 said:

JD signed Kaare Vedvik, Sergio Castillo, Ryan Kalil.  Ashtyn Davis looks really bad.  Goofed up contract negotiations with Robby

I agree about the Adams trade.  Liked the haul we got.  I also loved the Becton and Mims picks.  So, mixed record so far at best

One I'll give you out of that is Kalil.  Dumb move from jump.

Robby wasn't coming back here  he was just using the Jets to run up his $.    Davis?  At this point no one has a clue.  Kid might come into camp and play great next year.  I Can't rate what any rookies have done in this bizare season, without a pre-season.   Rest just fall into the bottom of the roster, ya win some, ya lose some catagory.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I just pray that the Johnsons don't have the final say so and the coach reports to the GM. You would think that even these dullards would step away from the process after watching possibly the worst team in NFL history. 

And you think the answer is to hand the decision over to the person that built the worst team in NFL history?

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, flgreen said:

One I'll give you out of that is Kalil.  Dumb move from jump.

Robby wasn't coming back here  he was just using the Jets to run up his $.    Davis?  At this point no one has a clue.  Kid might come into camp and play great next year.  I Can't rate what any rookies have done in this bizare season, without a pre-season.   Rest just fall into the bottom of the roster, ya win some, ya lose some catagory.  

Not sold on Davis at all.  

JD has a chance to be a good GM.  Let's see who he picks to be HC and if he is able to build a decent roster around Trevor.

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

And you think the answer is to hand the decision over to the person that built the worst team in NFL history?

The roster is bad but Gase is horrible.  A decent HC probably gets 6-7 wins out of this team

And do you really want Woody handpicking another HC?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

My sources that accurately predicted the Adams move are now telling me that the HC move is going to surprise alot of people in a bad way.

This is not good. Because that makes me think it is another out side the box type pick.

That ownership is planning on making the move and Joe D is going to have to just take it, although they are getting input it seems they are planning on doing what they want.

Joe seems to be taking it fine and working just build the talent of the roster as number one priority. That he want to make this his team and by next season he is expecting alot of problems to be gone.

For what it is worth, I hope to God they just pick someone that knows how to be a coach

I respect your post but I dont buy it. If they finish 0-16, how the hell could they impose their will and force a coach on Joe? It just doesn't make sense to me.

1 hour ago, MadMikeyG said:

Seriously asking, why is this guy being believed? There is 3 weeks left in the season and they already made their decision. With all the rumors and really good choices out there they are picking someone who we will all hate. I’m not saying original post is wrong just asking why is everyone taking it as gospel and getting to ready to jump off a bridge? 

Not so much about belief. I think it’s simply boredom + the fun of entertaining the idea and running with it for lolz.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

JD signed Kaare Vedvik, Sergio Castillo, Ryan Kalil.  Ashtyn Davis looks really bad.  Goofed up contract negotiations with Robby

I agree about the Adams trade.  Liked the haul we got.  I also loved the Becton and Mims picks.  So, mixed record so far at best

Gimme a break.  JD came on after the draft.  Kickers are like chics - you just never know.  Kahil? Desperation move and no big deal. Ashtyn has struggled but he's a good athlete so hopefully he gets coached up and turns into a good pick.  JD gets A+ for Becton, Mims, and ridding ourselves of Jamal AND gets 2 #1's for him.  Other picks are still a couple years away from being evaluated.  JD needs to stay away from Seattle. He will be arrested on sight.

• Upvote 4

50 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Brian Schottenheimer incoming.

Has a history with the team, was around Woody for years.

Most importantly, will come cheap.

Woody did everything he could to keep Schotty Jr in the organization for as long as possible, too

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The roster is bad but Gase is horrible.  A decent HC probably gets 6-7 wins out of this team

And do you really want Woody handpicking another HC?

This isn't a 6 win team with BB.    The roster is gross.  But Yes, Adam is a bigger problem than Joe, but Joe hasn't been good.

No, I don't want Woody choosing by himself, but I really don't know if JD isn't simply in over his head - and not in love with the idea of him choosing the coach either.

It's why I'm fully in the Harbaugh/Cower camp- bring in guys that basically neither will be choosing.  Those guys will be choosing us.  Bring them in and get out of their way.

Ashtyn davis was drafted in the third round and has had some pretty decent plays. Do you expect every third round pick to be an all pro player in their rookie season?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Just remember I called Gase as HC in 2021 months ago.   I'm loading up on amphetamines just to stay awake though all the carnage/bile which will be spewed here once it's announced.

Gase will be the head coach in 2021. Nobody is disputing that. His tenure ends by 12/4/21 though.

24 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The only coaches the Jets should be looking at (besides the obvious big names e.g Urban/Cowher) are college coaches who were HC’s and won at non traditional football schools then got a better job and won there too.  The Jets are a mess and need a program guy. Matt Campbell fits that profile. Anything else is unacceptable. 

Brian Daboll has to be on the list.

1) You hurt a division opponent and their HC is a defensive guy

2) What Buffalo is doing, how Josh Allen looks, you have to get in a room and talk to Daboll at a minimum

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

LOL!!!

Douglas hasn't built anything. He saved all that cap $ in the offseason, he got more data on Gase and Darnold, he aquired a ton of draft capital, he had a good draft and now they move forward.

He could have spent that cap $ and not rolled it over. That would have cost the Jets a realistic chance at Trevor. Douglas is the adult in the room, the only one.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

This is such a preposterously stupid narrative.

He "built" this team? He's had one offseason. Have you been following the Jets for the last decade?

There's no sense trying to convince them otherwise. They saw Douglas tear down a disaster roster and are laying the blame at his feet for the previous ten years of ineptitude.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

This is such a preposterously stupid narrative.

He "built" this team? He's had one offseason. Have you been following the Jets for the last decade?

Nah...

This team has his finger prints all over it.  Last years team wasn't his.  This years is.

He took an awful Mac team and made it worse, a lot worse.  That's an inarguable fact.  

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

Okay, if you say so.  But I'd go expand the bandwidth by a billion percent as this place is going to nuclear when Gase is announced as our HC next season.

LOL

Have a feeling the 12 in 12/4/21 is a typo.    Should be 1.  Just a guess though

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Gase will be the head coach in 2021. Nobody is disputing that. His tenure ends by 12/4/21 though.

Brian Daboll has to be on the list.

1) You hurt a division opponent and their HC is a defensive guy

2) What Buffalo is doing, how Josh Allen looks, you have to get in a room and talk to Daboll at a minimum

Agree there. Daboll is the one coordinator who’s intriguing. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

My sources that accurately predicted the Adams move are now telling me that the HC move is going to surprise alot of people in a bad way.

This is not good. Because that makes me think it is another out side the box type pick.

That ownership is planning on making the move and Joe D is going to have to just take it, although they are getting input it seems they are planning on doing what they want.

Joe seems to be taking it fine and working just build the talent of the roster as number one priority. That he want to make this his team and by next season he is expecting alot of problems to be gone.

For what it is worth, I hope to God they just pick someone that knows how to be a coach

Is your source DannyBagsZ?

• Haha 2

Just now, Matt39 said:

Agree there. Daboll is the one coordinator who’s intriguing. 

I do agree with the premise though, they have to approach this differently. Can't keep making the same mistakes with these terrible head coaching decisions.

Honestly Gase talked himself into the job. That is scary, so if Christopher Johnson has less say this time around I am happy with it.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

LOL!!!

Douglas hasn't built anything. He saved all that cap $ in the offseason, he got more data on Gase and Darnold, he aquired a ton of draft capital, he had a good draft and now they move forward.

He could have spent that cap $ and not rolled it over. That would have cost the Jets a realistic chance at Trevor. Douglas is the adult in the room, the only one.

There can only be two options based on this..

1) He was, in fact, tanking.  And put this garbage on the field with full knowledge how bad it was....

or

2) He tried to be somewhat prudent and thought he was fielding a competitive roster.  Certainly not a championship one - but a competitive roster that would be in the playoff hunt.

The first scenario is preferable.  He, of course, denied this - but if this is the case I would feel a lot better about him.

The second scenario - is very, very worrisome.  That means his ability to judge talent and negotiate contracts is just downright awful and we're in a lot of trouble.  This is the scenario he explains as to what he was trying to do.  Let's just hope he knew he was lying to Sam's mom.

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I do agree with the premise though, they have to approach this differently. Can't keep making the same mistakes with these terrible head coaching decisions.

Honestly Gase talked himself into the job. That is scary, so if Christopher Johnson has less say this time around I am happy with it.

My sources are telling me Bruce Coslet

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Nah...

This team has his finger prints all over it.  Last years team wasn't his.  This years is.

He took an awful Mac team and made it worse, a lot worse.  That's an inarguable fact.  

I mean, I think it's extremely clear to anyone who follows football the biggest difference between this years team and last years team is the regression of Sam Darnold. The talent isn't all that different outside of dumping Adams for multiple high picks which was arguably his best move.

Last year we had an incredibly soft schedule and while bad Darnold was halfway competent. This year we have a brutal schedule and Darnold has regressed into the worst QB in the entire NFL. Darnold and Gase are the ones who are going to lead us to 0-16.

With a Pro Bowl Rookie LT, Mims, and two extra first rounders we're better situated to improve now than we were a year ago.

The jury is out on Douglas and he's worthy of criticism for some of his moves. But claiming "he built this team" is just totally idiotic rhetoric that has no basis in reality. Drafting poorly for like ten years in a row is why we have such poor talent. You could argue 2020 is our best draft since 2007, honestly.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes, and he knows exactly what he is doing. We also have some really good young talent such as Becton, Mims, Williams and a few others, 6 picks in top 100 and a ton of cap space. When was the last time a NYJ GM hit on a 1st and 2nd rounder? He inherited garbage. Talk to me in 2 years. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

My sources are telling me Bruce Coslet

I wonder what happened to his daughter? She did such a good job holding the wires for the headsets in the 90's.

With the emergence of wireless technology her job was eliminated. I always wonder if she got the training necessary to land a new job in another industry.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Yes, and he knows exactly what he is doing. We also have some really good young talent such as Becton, Mims, Williams and a few others, 6 picks in top 100 and a ton of cap space. When was the last time a NYJ GM hit on a 1st and 2nd rounder? He inherited garbage. Talk to me in 2 years. 

Are we calling 19 catches and 0 TD's on from a second round pick a "hit?

Jet fans really have incredibly low expectations.

Let' me be clear - I'm not saying he will end up being a bad GM, it is still very early.  All I am saying he's done nothing at all to say he's been "great" 

More than anything else he's a question mark.

2 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Dowell Loggains?

• Haha 2