Rumors sources...on good authority

17 minutes ago, Maxman said:

LOL!!!

Douglas hasn't built anything. He saved all that cap $ in the offseason, he got more data on Gase and Darnold, he aquired a ton of draft capital, he had a good draft and now they move forward.

He could have spent that cap $ and not rolled it over. That would have cost the Jets a realistic chance at Trevor. Douglas is the adult in the room, the only one.

This. All the contracts he gave out last year were really 1-year commits. Was never about anything but 2021.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I wonder what happened to his daughter? She did such a good job holding the wires for the headsets in the 90's.

With the emergence of wireless technology her job was eliminated. I always wonder if she got the training necessary to land a new job in another industry.

The "Cutie With the Coaxial".

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The same idiots that believe Gase isn't getting fired and believe that Lawrence will not want to play for the Jets of course now also believe the jets are already planning on hiring some outside the box/incompetent guy.

You guys are really a pathetic bunch.

I'm gonna laugh so hard.

19 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Gase staying would be good for fans that go to the games in person and don't like long lines leaving the parking lot.

Would also be good for fans of other teams.

This a) wasn't a season to judge Gase fairly and b) there aren't any good coaching candidates out there who want to come to NFL Siberia in Florham Park.

Keep Gase.  See how it goes.  If it doesn't work out we'll be in a better position to recruit a better head coach.  Now is not the time.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, SAR I said:

This a) wasn't a season to judge Gase fairly and b) there aren't any good coaching candidates out there who want to come to NFL Siberia in Florham Park.

Keep Gase.  See how it goes.  If it doesn't work out we'll be in a better position to recruit a better head coach.  Now is not the time.

SAR I

Hey you can keep typing this, I appreciate the contribution towards the post count. 

Makes no sense and 0% chance what you wrote comes true.

Adam Gase has proven himself to be a fraud in the "offensive mastermind" category.

That fraud ends with the season. You don't let him have a single conversation with whatever QB they end up drafting. No way you let him ruin another QB. He did enough damage to Darnold.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The same idiots that believe Gase isn't getting fired and believe that Lawrence will not want to play for the Jets of course now also believe the jets are already planning on hiring some outside the box/incompetent guy.

The organization hired Adam Gase two years ago. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

i dont believe all the stuff about Gase and Lawrence.

BUT. with our history....

Hess fires Carroll cause he liked Kotite

the Johnsons then do the supposedly smart thing and hire the hot DC candidate in Bowels which was a total bust. 

Peyton tells the Johnsons that Gase is a good coach

its not beyond the realm of possibilities that someone got into the johnsons ear again and they made up there mind already.  

and i dont believe the OP has some secret jet source. i think most of us think the Johnsons are going to stick there nose in the HC hire and force JD to pick someone he doesnt want. someone we dont want

my preference for the next coach are first nfl head coaching experience, then college head coaching experience at a rising program and third a newbie head coach from the coordinator or assistant ranks.  there is just no reason to pick an offensive guy over a defensive guy either.  the head coach has to know enough about both sides of the ball and understand the game inside and out.  details and x's and o's can be left to the assistant coaches.

Just now, hungry jackson said:

A little hefty to me base on the roster throughout covid 2020

Agreed, Belichick would get 8 wins out of this team. So I am thinking a realistic expectation would have been 4. Gase has been perfect so far.

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

No he was evaluating a sh*tty coach. The coach failed the test.

Let's just say that's true.

In the best case scenario here's what we know about JD

• We know he's capable of tearing a team down. 
  • He knowingly signed crappy players to 1 year deals - to free up cap space - for when he's going to try and sign good players next year.
  • He traded away and/or didn't resigning their best players - I guess to use those resources to draft and sign players they hope can be similar caliber next year.
  • Clearly he gave up on Sam in the off-season - because everything above tells me he had no faith in him to surround him with anything.  
  • He drafted a T in the first round that the entire planet knew he had to draft (well, he could have went with Wirfs, who actually had a better season than Becton)

Again, I'm not saying he's been bad...I tend to agree this was his plan - but I want to be clear.  The only thing he's done well is decide he wants to start over - and rip it all apart, he for sure did that. 

Can he now build? We have NO idea.

10 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Hey you can keep typing this, I appreciate the contribution towards the post count. 

Makes no sense and 0% chance what you wrote comes true.

Adam Gase has proven himself to be a fraud in the "offensive mastermind" category.

That fraud ends with the season. You don't let him have a single conversation with whatever QB they end up drafting. No way you let him ruin another QB. He did enough damage to Darnold.

...or Darnold is a bust and his heath, decision-making, and poor play had made his head coach look bad.  

SAR I 

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, SAR I said:

...or Darnold is a bust and his heath, decision-making, and poor play had made his head coach look bad.  

SAR I 

That is for the next team to debate. The Jets are taking the draft pick and moving on from both Darnold and Gase.

14 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Are we calling 19 catches and 0 TD's on from a second round pick a "hit?

Jet fans really have incredibly low expectations.

Let' me be clear - I'm not saying he will end up being a bad GM, it is still very early.  All I am saying he's done nothing at all to say he's been "great" 

More than anything else he's a question mark.

Mims has looked really good. He missed a lot of games but when he is targeted he makes the plays. He will be a big part of this offense moving forward. Im not saying JD has been great either but you make it seem like he is solely responsible for this teams demise. He inherited a buffoon as coach, a crappy roster, and a QB that unfortunately is proving he isn't what we hoped he would be. I think once Mosley opted out and Adams was traded he knew this team was tank worthy. He has tried to improve the Oline which is way more than you can say for Macc(who ignored it for 4 years) and it has performed better but it's going to take time. The only move I was upset about was not signing Anderson but it is what it is. Again, talk to me in 2 years. As long as the idiot Johnsons don't meddle and let JD do his thing we will see major improvements. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

994666706_BillOBrien.jpg.d749b601b14a377afca7f6987eeef3c6.jpg

Don’t like it one bit.

That being said, he wasn’t a terrible HC coach and his QBs generally produced. His playcalling was sh*t and he got into trouble when he tried to manage the roster - but if JD stays on top of personnel moves and if they can get an OC to call plays, we could do worse.

Again, I don’t like it one bit, but it’s better than Gase whom I despised even before he came here (on record).

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Let's just say that's true.

In the best case scenario here's what we know about JD

• We know he's capable of tearing a team down. 
  • He knowingly signed crappy players to 1 year deals - to free up cap space - for when he's going to try and sign good players next year.
  • He traded away and/or didn't resigning their best players - I guess to use those resources to draft and sign players they hope can be similar caliber next year.
  • Clearly he gave up on Sam in the off-season - because everything above tells me he had no faith in him to surround him with anything.  
  • He drafted a T in the first round that the entire planet knew he had to draft (well, he could have went with Wirfs, who actually had a better season than Becton)

Again, I'm not saying he's been bad...I tend to agree this was his plan - but I want to be clear.  The only thing he's done well is decide he wants to start over - and rip it all apart, he for sure did that. 

Can he now build? We have NO idea.

He has a ton to prove. No doubt. I like his chances based on what I have seen so far. This was a good draft once the players got on the field.

Why are Gase's rosters always hurt? Have to look at that as they move on. 

Becton of Wirfs is a bet I will make long term.  Wirfs is in a slightly better situation right now.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Mims has looked really good. He missed a lot of games but when he is targeted he makes the plays. He will be a big part of this offense moving forward. Im not saying JD has been great either but you make it seem like he is solely responsible for this teams demise. He inherited a buffoon as coach, a crappy roster, and a QB that unfortunately is proving he isn't what we hoped he would be. I think once Mosley opted out and Adams was traded he knew this team was tank worthy. He has tried to improve the Oline which is way more than you can say for Macc(who ignored it for 4 years) and it has performed better but it's going to take time. The only move I was upset about was not signing Anderson but it is what it is. Again, talk to me in 2 years. As long as the idiot Johnsons don't meddle and let JD do his thing we will see major improvements. 

Mims has 19 catches through week 13.  

I hear what you're saying...I'm just tired of the same sh-- I hear over and over again around here.  We heard it all with Mac too - how he was a genius and we finally found our guy...blah, blah blah...all without anything to back it up.

Right now we're hearing it again with JD.  

At best we have no idea of his skill-set to build a football team - as all he's tried to do in clean house...

At worst - he was trying to build a winner and has been downright awful.

btw....I think he was tearing things down looking to start the rebuild next year, but I don't know that to be true and have no idea if he's going to be capable of building when he decides he wants to.

26 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Brant Boyer?  Joe Judge has changed the league.

22 minutes ago, flgreen said:

????????????????

Why does it sound like an internal hire?  What coach on the current team do you think is a HC candidate?

19 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Jim Bob Cooter?

Boyer would be my guess.

"Going to surprise people and not in a good way" sounds like an internal hire to me. Needs to be taken with the context that they haven't been able to interview any outside candidates yet. Could be wrong of course.

18 minutes ago, Maxman said:

That is for the next team to debate. The Jets are taking the draft pick and moving on from both Darnold and Gase.

The Jets aren't getting the first pick, that's going to the Jags.

The Jets aren't getting a head coach that's better than Gase, so they're going to keep him.

It will be interesting to see which one of us is right.  I'd prefer it to be you.  But methinks not.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Mims has 19 catches through week 13.  

I hear what you're saying...I'm just tired of the same sh-- I hear over and over again around here.  We heard it all with Mac too - how he was a genius and we finally found our guy...blah, blah blah...all without anything to back it up.

Right now we're hearing it again with JD.  

At best we have no idea of his skill-set to build a football teams - as all he's tried to do in clean hourse...

At worst - he was trying to build a winner and has been downright awful.

btw....I think he was tearing things down looking to start the rebuild next year, but I don't know that to be true and have no idea if he's going to be capable of building when he decides he wants to.

He was definitely not fully vested in this year. It's obvious. It's all about next year and beyond. 1OA, 6 picks in top 100, tons of cap space in a flat cap world, and no Gase. This year has hurt but no pain no gain. I would rather be 0-16 and in the position we are in now than 5-11 and picking 8th. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

The Jets aren't getting the first pick, that's going to the Jags.

The Jets aren't getting a head coach that's better than Gase, so they're going to keep him.

It will be interesting to see which one of us is right.  I'd prefer it to be you.  But methinks not.

SAR I

I got news for ya. The Jets are going 0-16 and both Gase and Darnold are gone. 

41 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

This smells like an internal hire to me. It would coincide with Pauline's report from about a week ago as well.

You misheard what Pauline was saying.  He was discussing 2 names that are floating around the organization as potential candidates.  He wasn’t saying that they were internal candidates.

• Upvote 1