Rumors sources...on good authority

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

****Big Update

Just has a follow up with my source today after seeing and hearing the recent press conference and apparently this all happened very quickly. Like the "come to Jesus" moment happened during and after the Patriots game and JD and ownership made the plan very quickly - but JD was very much ready with a path forward. I was basically like what the hell man, right now it seems like everything is different from what you told me. What's going on. 

He told me that literally before the game, it was just going to remain the same with some coach they would pick with JD having input but not making the call. But JD has been very politically savvy this season with Gase & ownership never going against either but merely being the diplomatic football guy giving answers and solutions to everything that has come up, pointing out potential problems that could arise and a couple ways to deal with them. This approach has benefited him greatly, not only gaining influence but also showing off his knowledge and making it easier for ownership to accept what he says at their own idea.

Apparently the Patriots game was the moment of clarity to ownership and that word came to let JD run the show and fix the team. Ownership really wants the turn the ship around but bought into was gase was telling them with the wins last season and the rose colored glasses they were wearing. But seeing Patriots running around the field laughing and joking during the game was the last straw, specifically Cam Newton of all people apparently really pisst them off. The total lack of respect by the new QB wearing patriots colors was like spit in the face. I was told that it was not only him but many others and that right at that moment Gase was pointed out to them as not only accepting it but showing no emotion or care. (my reaction to this was well he had to know he was getting fired - why the hell would he care)

I suspect it was JD who pointed it out but was not told that, JD's words carry alot of weight now and before he was not using his power at all but only carrying out and giving options because it let him gain power behind the scenes to the point now that for the first time Ownership feels comfortable trusting him with that power. 

As a fan at this point I'm like Jumping with Joy!! But my source is basically confirming that what was said in the PR by Chris is not just lip music but sincere. That ownership has already made the structure change that the HC will report to JD and that JD will select that HC. That this never happened before because no one  made them beleive that was going to work.

So anyway long story short the patriots of all things are the catalyst of this whole thing and pushed them to see the obvious. I'm sure it is not really just that and it was only the last straw type of thing along with JD pushing from behind the scenes, but I'm told JD really has the full authority now, that they aren't really admitting gase was a complete flat out failure because they picked him but are dead set on moving on past this whole last couple of years and coaches. That going forward they are going to give this new path - i.e. JD, the football guy and GM the power and control he wants, and that JD has maneuvered his way into running this team in a way where he is the in-between from ownership to everyone else.

All things will go through him, rubber stamped by ownership. Already staff and other people outside the team have congratulated chris and woody on the new path and given them high praise for doing what needed to be done. He left me with the following at the end of the conversation - The team is going to be rejuvenated and really become JD's vision going forward. That he is playing the game now as the GM on a very high level, and that all the craziness of the team is really just top down effect and now JD will be making those top down decisions with the owners blessing. Many didn't think it could have happened and that of all thing it is the Patriots game is what sealed the deal. everyone their has really high hopes and believes that ownership will stop holding the team back needlessly.

Oh I also asked if there was any word on who might be the new HC. He said hasn't heard anything but if recent events are an indicator of anything, that the pick for HC is wide open. He didn't have any info on that, but he did say if he had to bet, he thinks JD probably already knows who he wants and would accept, that all of this seems to have been JD's plan to take the team and power from the start. That JD by waiting has given him self the best chance to succeed. 

** a side not and my reaction to all of this is WTF!!! I mean I like  it is crazy to think our team is run by guys who have made such bad decisions, It shouldn't  take all these lost games and time to figure out to make a football guy your GM and let him pick the coach.

Go Jets! But DAMN!!

So many Jets fan peeps with all these sauces. A bunch of chatterboxes in Florham Park -- it's unbelievable!!

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

I know for a fact the Johnsons would break the bank for Harbaugh or a cowher as they are enamored with both of them. I’m not saying that’s the right decision but those are the only two I know of that they would literally have an open checkbook because of their public relations perception it would have on the market which I don’t even know if that true either

They would open it for Campbell or Reilly as well.

Yes...Kinda silly - it was exactly the opposite of what this source said just two weeks ago.

Then after the owner announced something quite the different the source comes back a message that fully aligns with what the owner just said.

Have a source that tells me something before it happens ----

I appreciate the OP brining us this - as I believe he's getting this from the inside - I just wonder about the source himself.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes...Kinda silly - it was exactly the opposite of what this source said just two weeks ago.

Then after the owner announced something quite the different the source comes back a message that fully aligns with what the owner just said.

I appreciate the OP brining us this - as I believe he's getting this from the inside - I just wonder about the source himself.

Either take it at face value or the team is running interference/PR and are making no real changes to the structure. At this point who cares I guess. Moving on from Darnold or bringing him back will be the key indicator if things are actually changing. No #footballman could bring him back as the starter in good faith.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It all changed in NE. I just wanted to share cause i got the update. Its really crazy and I agree with you about how all of a sudden it changed, as convenient, but it really did change all of a sudden, I find the inner workings crazy as hell honestly, but not surprising. But at the end of the day it is just what it a heads on on the latest. 

I very much prefer this new plan and glad JD is there.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

On 12/20/2020 at 1:12 PM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

My sources that accurately predicted the Adams move are now telling me that the HC move is going to surprise alot of people in a bad way.

This is not good. Because that makes me think it is another out side the box type pick.

That ownership is planning on making the move and Joe D is going to have to just take it, although they are getting input it seems they are planning on doing what they want.

Joe seems to be taking it fine and working just build the talent of the roster as number one priority. That he want to make this his team and by next season he is expecting alot of problems to be gone.

For what it is worth, I hope to God they just pick someone that knows how to be a coach

REX RYAN

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

It all changed in NE. I just wanted to share cause i got the update. Its really crazy and I agree with you about how all of a sudden it changed, as convenient, but it really did change all of a sudden, I find the inner workings crazy as hell honestly, but not surprising. But at the end of the day it is just what it a heads on on the latest. 

No doubt the plan is the better one.

With that said, it's quite concerning that a billion dollar organization, after two years of data ,made a decision based on the final game of a season - because Cam Newton acted like a douche.  

In any well functioning large organizations these types of major decisions are made, over months, with numerous detailed and contemplative discussions.

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Either take it at face value or the team is running interference/PR and are making no real changes to the structure. At this point who cares I guess. Moving on from Darnold or bringing him back will be the key indicator if things are actually changing. No #footballman could bring him back as the starter in good faith.

This is exactly where I am at as well.  This is good news, we heard it from CJ in the presser today. Douglas has his name on the Jets official site as leading the effort.

Any way you break that down, it is good!

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Totally agree. He is legit the only hope we have.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

so 13 consecutive mostly embarrassing losses had no impact but a 2 game win-streak followed by a 2 TD loss and now the brothers johnson magically get it? 

This unfortunately makes me think the Jets are answering the requests via PR but still plan on keeping the structure the same. If the structure remains the same then Darnold better be gone. 

2 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

****Big Update

** a side not and my reaction to all of this is WTF!!! I mean I like  it is crazy to think our team is run by guys who have made such bad decisions, It shouldn't  take all these lost games and time to figure out to make a football guy your GM and let him pick the coach.

Go Jets! But DAMN!!

@BornJetsFan1983 thank you so much this report but I have to say you are 100% correct! 

What you are reporting here is scary....

Wow!! :( 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

You are not the nutty one.....

The Jets Organization is!

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I don’t know who is telling you this and am not interested in a “sources” pissing match, so I won’t say for certain that you don’t “know” someone, but this is not true.  At all.  Especially the “moment of clarity” moment.  Whoever is feeding you this information is lying to you.  Badly.

@Mogglez thank you!!!

Based on what you know what is you take?

17 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I don’t know who is telling you this and am not interested in a “sources” pissing match, so I won’t say for certain that you don’t “know” someone, but this is not true.  At all.  Especially the “moment of clarity” moment.  Whoever is feeding you this information is lying to you.  Badly.

He is getting catifshed or is the catfish.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

No doubt the plan is the better one.

With that said, it's quite concerning that a billion dollar organization, after two years of data ,made a decision based on the final game of a season - because Cam Newton acted like a douche.  

In any well functioning large organizations these types of major decisions are made, over months, with numerous detailed and contemplative discussions.

I mean, they had 2 years of data on Gase as HC in Miami - then made an impulse buy after the goofy looking guy from Papa John’s called them.

I think it’s more likely the decision is ruminated on for a long time, it’s just usually not a good decision - then it’s made - and as part of how they ‘sell’ it, they use these anecdotes about how it al just came together. To try being relatable, which they aren’t.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I feel like if you decided to fire your coach three weeks ago, you would not then admit you letting your soon-to-be-fired coach swing in the breeze. Of course you’d pretend that you made the decision in the eleventh hour, if only to avoid the derpy “Then whyyyyyy didn’t your fire him three weeks ago???” storyline. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, nycdan said:

What I took from this is that until yesterday, the plan was to keep Gase.

if that's true, then that is incredibly sad.  

Does not seem true since Becton mentioned today that he heard Gase was being released earlier in the week.

• Upvote 3

On 12/20/2020 at 11:12 AM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

My sources that accurately predicted the Adams move are now telling me that the HC move is going to surprise alot of people in a bad way.

This is not good. Because that makes me think it is another out side the box type pick.

That ownership is planning on making the move and Joe D is going to have to just take it, although they are getting input it seems they are planning on doing what they want.

Joe seems to be taking it fine and working just build the talent of the roster as number one priority. That he want to make this his team and by next season he is expecting alot of problems to be gone.

For what it is worth, I hope to God they just pick someone that knows how to be a coach

For what it's worth, there seem to be at least 5 sources reporting almost the exact opposite.  That JD is running the search and ownership will mostly just have a final approval.  Not only that, but now some rumblings that the owners might GIVE UP power and allow the HC to report to the GM.

If all this is true then two things:  1. It's great news for the Jets and 2. Your source might be horsesh!t.

• Upvote 1