Rumors sources...on good authority

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

This is how i know your story (not neccesarily you) is full of sh*t. No grown man in that type of work/role shares that level of insight with anyone. 

"Hey did you hear?! CJ had a moment of clarity during the NE game!! ...Yea, he's telling everyone about this catalyst moment. Apparently there's a teleconference later to get the mental play by play of pre-present-and-post musings with JD and where we're at now...."

lol no.

This. 

Anyone who is, knows, or works around executive level people, knows fully well that they are not the type to voice their inner feelings or anything of the such. 

I can absolutely back this comment up, I work around these types daily. 

It is business. Always business. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I feel like if you decided to fire your coach three weeks ago, you would not then admit you letting your soon-to-be-fired coach swing in the breeze. Of course you’d pretend that you made the decision in the eleventh hour, if only to avoid the derpy “Then whyyyyyy didn’t your fire him three weeks ago???” storyline. 

Agreed.

That's exactly how I handled it with you lol.

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The decision to let JD take charge was made a long time ago.  I mean shoot, I mentioned it in my post weeks ago.  There was no “moment of enlightenment” during yesterday’s game.  We’ve been doing back channel work on candidates for a while, and it’s been made clear to them that this will be Douglas’s show.  Whoever is feeding this information to OP is lying.  No way around it.

@Mogglez thank you very much!!

I am actually relieved to hear you  say this because what was being reported in this tread was sooooooo disheartening!!!

• Upvote 3

I found it hard to believe the Jets canned Gase cause the Pats were laughing at them. I’m sure there’s evidence they were being laughed at each and every loss, especially Seattle who embarrassed them. What’s next? The tooth fairy and the Easter bunny are attending Santa Clauses bachelor party.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, JTJet said:

This. 

Anyone who is, knows, or works around executive level people, knows fully well that they are not the type to voice their inner feelings or anything of the such. 

I can absolutely back this comment up, I work around these types daily. 

It is business. Always business. 

Exactly. Anybody has ever worked with somebody who runs an organization and gets paid seven figures knows that the level of specificity in that post is ridiculous. Preposterous. The definitive “nope!”

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

****Big Update

Just has a follow up with my source today after seeing and hearing the recent press conference and apparently this all happened very quickly. Like the "come to Jesus" moment happened during and after the Patriots game and JD and ownership made the plan very quickly - but JD was very much ready with a path forward. I was basically like what the hell man, right now it seems like everything is different from what you told me. What's going on. 

He told me that literally before the game, it was just going to remain the same with some coach they would pick with JD having input but not making the call. But JD has been very politically savvy this season with Gase & ownership never going against either but merely being the diplomatic football guy giving answers and solutions to everything that has come up, pointing out potential problems that could arise and a couple ways to deal with them. This approach has benefited him greatly, not only gaining influence but also showing off his knowledge and making it easier for ownership to accept what he says at their own idea.

Apparently the Patriots game was the moment of clarity to ownership and that word came to let JD run the show and fix the team. Ownership really wants the turn the ship around but bought into was gase was telling them with the wins last season and the rose colored glasses they were wearing. But seeing Patriots running around the field laughing and joking during the game was the last straw, specifically Cam Newton of all people apparently really pisst them off. The total lack of respect by the new QB wearing patriots colors was like spit in the face. I was told that it was not only him but many others and that right at that moment Gase was pointed out to them as not only accepting it but showing no emotion or care. (my reaction to this was well he had to know he was getting fired - why the hell would he care)

I suspect it was JD who pointed it out but was not told that, JD's words carry alot of weight now and before he was not using his power at all but only carrying out and giving options because it let him gain power behind the scenes to the point now that for the first time Ownership feels comfortable trusting him with that power. 

As a fan at this point I'm like Jumping with Joy!! But my source is basically confirming that what was said in the PR by Chris is not just lip music but sincere. That ownership has already made the structure change that the HC will report to JD and that JD will select that HC. That this never happened before because no one  made them beleive that was going to work.

So anyway long story short the patriots of all things are the catalyst of this whole thing and pushed them to see the obvious. I'm sure it is not really just that and it was only the last straw type of thing along with JD pushing from behind the scenes, but I'm told JD really has the full authority now, that they aren't really admitting gase was a complete flat out failure because they picked him but are dead set on moving on past this whole last couple of years and coaches. That going forward they are going to give this new path - i.e. JD, the football guy and GM the power and control he wants, and that JD has maneuvered his way into running this team in a way where he is the in-between from ownership to everyone else.

All things will go through him, rubber stamped by ownership. Already staff and other people outside the team have congratulated chris and woody on the new path and given them high praise for doing what needed to be done. He left me with the following at the end of the conversation - The team is going to be rejuvenated and really become JD's vision going forward. That he is playing the game now as the GM on a very high level, and that all the craziness of the team is really just top down effect and now JD will be making those top down decisions with the owners blessing. Many didn't think it could have happened and that of all thing it is the Patriots game is what sealed the deal. everyone their has really high hopes and believes that ownership will stop holding the team back needlessly.

Oh I also asked if there was any word on who might be the new HC. He said hasn't heard anything but if recent events are an indicator of anything, that the pick for HC is wide open. He didn't have any info on that, but he did say if he had to bet, he thinks JD probably already knows who he wants and would accept, that all of this seems to have been JD's plan to take the team and power from the start. That JD by waiting has given him self the best chance to succeed. 

** a side not and my reaction to all of this is WTF!!! I mean I like  it is crazy to think our team is run by guys who have made such bad decisions, It shouldn't  take all these lost games and time to figure out to make a football guy your GM and let him pick the coach.

Go Jets! But DAMN!!

I'm not buying that the decision to fire Gase was based on the Pats game.  Gase was fired 4-5 hours after the game ended. That indicates their mind was made up long before that. There is no way they planned on keeping him after 31 games and then fire him immediately after a completely meaningless 32nd game.  

If it took a few days to make the decision, I might be persuaded. 

If it did happen this way, the Johnsons are ridiculously impulsive, despite having come to the right conclusion.

• Upvote 1

That yesterday would be the main impetus to fire Gase is ridiculous. Though the Johnsons are morons,easily distracted by the last guy they spoke with and buzz words.It's why Woody Johnson has babbled about "toughness" every time he hired a head coach. If there was a coach's union, they would give "toughness" bullet points every time Woodrow sits down with a head coach candidate. The fact the Jets passing attack has sucked spare some glimpses under Testaverde, pre injury Pennington and 11 games of Favre over 2+ decades  at a time when passing offense has exploded doesn't appear to faze them. This is very much a business that doesn't have any idea what is really important in their industry. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

****Big Update

Just has a follow up with my source today after seeing and hearing the recent press conference and apparently this all happened very quickly. Like the "come to Jesus" moment happened during and after the Patriots game and JD and ownership made the plan very quickly - but JD was very much ready with a path forward. I was basically like what the hell man, right now it seems like everything is different from what you told me. What's going on. 

He told me that literally before the game, it was just going to remain the same with some coach they would pick with JD having input but not making the call. But JD has been very politically savvy this season with Gase & ownership never going against either but merely being the diplomatic football guy giving answers and solutions to everything that has come up, pointing out potential problems that could arise and a couple ways to deal with them. This approach has benefited him greatly, not only gaining influence but also showing off his knowledge and making it easier for ownership to accept what he says at their own idea.

Apparently the Patriots game was the moment of clarity to ownership and that word came to let JD run the show and fix the team. Ownership really wants the turn the ship around but bought into was gase was telling them with the wins last season and the rose colored glasses they were wearing. But seeing Patriots running around the field laughing and joking during the game was the last straw, specifically Cam Newton of all people apparently really pisst them off. The total lack of respect by the new QB wearing patriots colors was like spit in the face. I was told that it was not only him but many others and that right at that moment Gase was pointed out to them as not only accepting it but showing no emotion or care. (my reaction to this was well he had to know he was getting fired - why the hell would he care)

I suspect it was JD who pointed it out but was not told that, JD's words carry alot of weight now and before he was not using his power at all but only carrying out and giving options because it let him gain power behind the scenes to the point now that for the first time Ownership feels comfortable trusting him with that power. 

As a fan at this point I'm like Jumping with Joy!! But my source is basically confirming that what was said in the PR by Chris is not just lip music but sincere. That ownership has already made the structure change that the HC will report to JD and that JD will select that HC. That this never happened before because no one  made them beleive that was going to work.

So anyway long story short the patriots of all things are the catalyst of this whole thing and pushed them to see the obvious. I'm sure it is not really just that and it was only the last straw type of thing along with JD pushing from behind the scenes, but I'm told JD really has the full authority now, that they aren't really admitting gase was a complete flat out failure because they picked him but are dead set on moving on past this whole last couple of years and coaches. That going forward they are going to give this new path - i.e. JD, the football guy and GM the power and control he wants, and that JD has maneuvered his way into running this team in a way where he is the in-between from ownership to everyone else.

All things will go through him, rubber stamped by ownership. Already staff and other people outside the team have congratulated chris and woody on the new path and given them high praise for doing what needed to be done. He left me with the following at the end of the conversation - The team is going to be rejuvenated and really become JD's vision going forward. That he is playing the game now as the GM on a very high level, and that all the craziness of the team is really just top down effect and now JD will be making those top down decisions with the owners blessing. Many didn't think it could have happened and that of all thing it is the Patriots game is what sealed the deal. everyone their has really high hopes and believes that ownership will stop holding the team back needlessly.

Oh I also asked if there was any word on who might be the new HC. He said hasn't heard anything but if recent events are an indicator of anything, that the pick for HC is wide open. He didn't have any info on that, but he did say if he had to bet, he thinks JD probably already knows who he wants and would accept, that all of this seems to have been JD's plan to take the team and power from the start. That JD by waiting has given him self the best chance to succeed. 

** a side not and my reaction to all of this is WTF!!! I mean I like  it is crazy to think our team is run by guys who have made such bad decisions, It shouldn't  take all these lost games and time to figure out to make a football guy your GM and let him pick the coach.

Go Jets! But DAMN!!

Billionaires are typically control freaks and don't like other people playing with their money. 

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

The decision to let JD take charge was made a long time ago.  I mean shoot, I mentioned it in my post weeks ago.  There was no “moment of enlightenment” during yesterday’s game.  We’ve been doing back channel work on candidates for a while, and it’s been made clear to them that this will be Douglas’s show.  Whoever is feeding this information to OP is lying.  No way around it.

Untitled.jpg

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I feel like if you decided to fire your coach three weeks ago, you would not then admit you letting your soon-to-be-fired coach swing in the breeze. Of course you’d pretend that you made the decision in the eleventh hour, if only to avoid the derpy “Then whyyyyyy didn’t your fire him three weeks ago???” storyline. 

Ehhh.  Most guys appreciate being able to coach out the year.  Especially because it means that they don’t have to worry about uprooting their families in the middle of the season.  I’ve touched on this in another post; this is seen as “doing right” by the coach.  The only thing that would upset them is not knowing their fate up until the very end, which I can assure you, Gase already knew.

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Ehhh.  Most guys appreciate being able to coach out the year.  Especially because it means that they don’t have to worry about uprooting their families in the middle of the season.  I’ve touched on this in another post; this is seen as “doing right” by the coach.  The only thing that would upset them is not knowing their fate up until the very end, which I can assure you, Gase already knew.

Hence he should have been let go starting the bye week.  The bye week ought to be considered fair, no?    Under the heading of putting him out of his misery.  

https://www.si.com/college/michigan/.amp/football/michigan-football-jim-harbaugh-contract-extension-warde-manuel-big-ten-wolverines-nfl

1. Jim Harbaugh is exploring his NFL options

This is a fact. With the help of Michael Spath and the guys at Blue By Ninety, I outlined this last week. Harbaugh would like to return to the NFL and the window to do so is now open with Bloody Monday upon us. I was already confident about that information and then over the last couple of days, more trustworthy reports came out with the exact same information. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, LIJetsFan said:

Hence he should have been let go starting the bye week.  The bye week ought to be considered fair, no?    Under the heading of putting him out of his misery.  

Nah.  Like I said, most guys want to finish what they started, for a multitude of reasons.

• Upvote 1