Jump to content

Rumors sources...on good authority


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, DirtyJersey said:

Why would Bienemy take the Jets job?  Chargers, Texans, Falcons, Jags all better gigs.

Agree, if he has options, he won't come here. My suggestion is that he will (again) lose the game of coaching musical chairs, as he has for 10 straight years of interviews and then get scooped up by the Jets when they have all the leverage to low-ball him and impose whatever conditions Woody can dream up this time around.

The wildcard is if the Jets have truly had an epiphany this time around and are giving JD legitimate full control over the process without budget constraints. The irony being that if this is true, Bieniemy won't even be a finalist. The official statements from the team indicate JD has this control but after 20+ years of Johnsons ownership, I remain skeptical.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Predicting Jets fans will be unhappy with the coaching hire definitely requires some deep intel.  This source must be well imbedded in the organization.

My sources that accurately predicted the Adams move are now telling me that the HC move is going to surprise alot of people in a bad way. This is not good. Because that makes me think it is anoth

Posted Images

18 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I don’t know who is telling you this and am not interested in a “sources” pissing match, so I won’t say for certain that you don’t “know” someone, but this is not true.  At all.  Especially the “moment of clarity” moment.  Whoever is feeding you this information is lying to you.  Badly.

Pissing match? Bro this is about the jets not whatever weird source contest you have in your head.

I'm just sharing cause we are all fans of the team. It's not meant to be a slight at you.  If you want to make some back handed comment calling me a liar I rather you just say it rather than trying to pretend you're a decent person.

Anyway, believe what you want. I trust and know my source. Who has been right btw everytime.

And as another poster pointed out it does seems a little hard to believe that years of Gase sucking didn't move the needle and recent events were the catylist, well normally I would agree, but thinking about the Macc getting fired timing or hiring gase didn't make much sense either. 

So with all do respect, like that is your opinion man.

I have just come to the conclusion that the jets don't operate the best way all the time but we can all agree the new approach seems like a good start. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Pissing match? Bro this is about the jets not whatever weird source contest you have in your head.

I'm just sharing cause we are all fans of the team. It's not meant to be a slight at you.  If you want to make some back handed comment calling me a liar I rather you just say it rather than trying to pretend you're a decent person.

Anyway, believe what you want. I trust and know my source. Who has been right btw everytime.

And as another poster pointed out it does seems a little hard to believe that years of Gase sucking didn't move the needle and recent events were the catylist, well normally I would agree, but thinking about the Macc getting fired timing or hiring gase didn't make much sense either. 

So with all do respect, like that is your opinion man.

I have just come to the conclusion that the jets don't operate the best way all the time but we can all agree the new approach seems like a good start. 

I think you need to re-read my comment if you think I was attacking you as a person or feel like I view this as a “contest”.

There was no moment of enlightenment in the 11th hour.  Douglas has been reaching out to candidates through back channels for a very long time now and, again, those candidates were made aware that he would be running this ship.  You want me to call your source a liar?  Sure.  They’re a liar.  A very bad one at that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mogglez said:

I think you need to re-read my comment if you think I was attacking you as a person. 

There was no moment of enlightenment in the 11th hour.  You want me to call your source a liar?  Sure.  He’s a liar.  A bad one at that.

Lol thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2020 at 1:12 PM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

My sources that accurately predicted the Adams move are now telling me that the HC move is going to surprise alot of people in a bad way.

This is not good. Because that makes me think it is another out side the box type pick.

That ownership is planning on making the move and Joe D is going to have to just take it, although they are getting input it seems they are planning on doing what they want.

Joe seems to be taking it fine and working just build the talent of the roster as number one priority. That he want to make this his team and by next season he is expecting alot of problems to be gone.

For what it is worth, I hope to God they just pick someone that knows how to be a coach

Here is more inside info for you.  The jets were actually tanking the season from the highest level on down.  A certain nameless DC was leaking info to league sources.  He got fired.  The owners and GM got nervous.  They went all out practicing and playing to win their next games to dispel those ugly rumors.  They won two games.  They lost their coveted QB draft prospect.

Not BS.  That is how and why it went down. 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2021 at 8:06 PM, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I'm not buying that the decision to fire Gase was based on the Pats game.  Gase was fired 4-5 hours after the game ended. That indicates their mind was made up long before that. There is no way they planned on keeping him after 31 games and then fire him immediately after a completely meaningless 32nd game.  

 

If it took a few days to make the decision, I might be persuaded. 

 

If it did happen this way, the Johnsons are ridiculously impulsive, despite having come to the right conclusion.

I can't see them getting the paperwork done that quick.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I think you need to re-read my comment if you think I was attacking you as a person. 

There was no moment of enlightenment in the 11th hour.  Douglas has been reaching out to candidates through back channels for a very long time now and, again, those candidates were made aware that he would be running this ship.  You want me to call your source a liar?  Sure.  They’re a liar.  A very bad one at that. 

Based on what Douglas said on Kay’s show, 1983’s source seemed to be accurate in terms of the decision being made very recently. 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What a thread.

So after being 2-14 this season, with 5 years of statistical data showing that Adam Gase is a horrendous coach, mainly being outscored by 544 points over that time, that it took the Pats game for the Jets to decide to fire him.

On top of that, a high level executive is giving out daily updates on the intricacies of the organization and not minding that they are being posted on a message board.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GQMartin said:

Based on what Douglas said on Kay’s show, 1983’s source seemed to be accurate in terms of the decision being made very recently. 
 

 

If you are talking about giving Douglas full control, yes that decision was technically made “recently”.  I was made aware of that piece of information a few weeks ago when I made my own long post in December and I included it in there.  Two other posters here, who are also well known to have “ins”, corroborated that.  However, that decision was not made Sunday, in the middle of the Jets-Patriots game, because Cam Newton was acting cocky on the field, and Chris Johnson got all in his feelings.  That is absolute nonsense.  I’ve read fan fictions with better plots than that.  It’s very possible that 1983 knows someone that works for the team.  I won’t argue that.  Knowing what I know from my own sources, one of whom is a prominent national guy, I will emphatically argue that 1983’s source is lying to him, in a greatly exaggerated capacity, about what they know and what information they are privy to.  His only defense is that his “source” predicted the Adams trade and, as I said wayyy back in the beginning of this thread, just because someone told him that a malcontent player, who publicly insulted his GM and head coach through the media, was probably being traded, does not mean that they have a source.  It means that they know someone who can read tea leaves. 

Look, I already know it’s completely false, but just for arguments sake I’ll try and look at it without knowing what I know.  Am I, or anybody for that matter, really supposed to believe that this new “update”, which completely contradicts everything his “source” said on December 20th, right after the owner and GM come out and basically proved everything that the original post said was wrong, and did so by regurgitating some ridiculous story, is true?  Nah.  I’m not buying it.

This will be the last thing I will post rebuking this “story” in this thread, because the idea of arguing over “sources” is such a self serving/ego stroking thing to do, and the idea of doing so makes me cringe.  I just don’t want this forum to be led astray by things that aren’t true.  I’ll let everyone else choose who they want to believe.  If they want to believe that Cam Newton smiling in a football game gutted Christopher Johnson to the very core, made him go scorched earth in the 11th hour, while Joe Douglas, acting like Little Finger from Game Of Thrones, was waiting for his moment to strike and stage a coup, I guess I can’t stop them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BCJet said:

What a thread.

So after being 2-14 this season, with 5 years of statistical data showing that Adam Gase is a horrendous coach, mainly being outscored by 544 points over that time, that it took the Pats game for the Jets to decide to fire him in the closing seconds to make the decision, proving that SAR was correct for the last year.

 

FIFY.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2021 at 5:41 PM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

lol certainly seems possible untill he to the pats 

Are you really trying to sell your source saying they were keeping Gase but changed their mind in week 17?

Its funny and I can tell you blatantly wrong.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2021 at 11:36 PM, Mogglez said:

Ehhh.  Most guys appreciate being able to coach out the year.  Especially because it means that they don’t have to worry about uprooting their families in the middle of the season.  I’ve touched on this in another post; this is seen as “doing right” by the coach.  The only thing that would upset them is not knowing their fate up until the very end, which I can assure you, Gase already knew.

well Gase wouldn't be hired by another team until after the season anyway so it wouldn't matter.

plus hes under contract for another 2 years so if he wanted to sit out for a year he could. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, doitny said:

well Gase wouldn't be hired by another team until after the season anyway so it wouldn't matter.

plus hes under contract for another 2 years so if he wanted to sit out for a year he could. 

 

I mean, as unlikely as it would have been given his performance, he could have, theoretically, been immediately hired by another team if he was fired mid-season.  Hue Jackson was hired by Marvin Lewis after he got the mid-session axe in 2018.

Addressing your second point, I don’t know Gase personally, but from everything we do know about him, he is not the type to sit out unless he’s forced to.  The man missed the birth of child to attend an offensive meeting with Peyton Manning lol.  He’s a football guy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I mean, as unlikely as it would have been given his performance, he could have, theoretically, been immediately hired by another team if he was fired mid-season.  Hue Jackson was hired by Marvin Lewis after he got the mid-session axe in 2018.

Addressing your second point, I don’t know Gase personally, but from everything we do know about him, he is not the type to sit out unless he’s forced to.  The man missed the birth of child to attend an offensive meeting with Peyton Manning lol.  He’s a football guy.

i agree. plus if he doesn't take the next job offered to him he might not work in the NFL again after this horrible showing.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...