I want Penei Sewell at 2nd Overall

Philc1

1 minute ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Would rather a haul of picks, along with the opportunity to draft Kyle Pitt, Jaylen Waddle. 

I like Pitts too but the jets can sign Hunter Henry or Zach Ertz

If they trade for Carson Wentz I promise you Ertz is coming here

10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Build the best offensive line in the NFL and stick with Sam.  Sorry, not the sexy move but it's the smart move.

I think we gotta trade down.  

They'll still be ample value you can get for the #2 pick.  

Either pick up a QB later in the first and get a vet somewhere.

It's a shame, it really is.

• Upvote 2

Just now, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Would rather a haul of picks, along with the opportunity to draft Kyle Pitt, Jaylen Waddle. 

This.

Trade down. Get a new HC. Draft TE Kyle Pitts, another OLineman, a RB at the end of Round 1.

Those who believe in JD should relish his opportunity to build this team with a haul of picks if he trades down from #2.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

There's a bunch of qbs being projected to go in round 1.  Unless some GM absolutely falls in love with Fields and has a top 5 pick I wouldn't do it.

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

This.

Trade down. Get a new HC. Draft TE Kyle Pitts, another OLineman, a RB at the end of Round 1.

Those who believe in JD should relish his opportunity to build this team with a haul of picks if he trades down from #2.

Yeah, you trade down this year...load up on offense - and next year go after your QB.  You'll have two first if you gotta make a move for someone.

If you draft well your QB can join a loaded offense,

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I'd have no problem with trading down and taking either Mac Jones or Trask with the extra picks. Keep Sam one more year and let SAM/PICK/Morgan fight it out for the starting spot.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

There's a bunch of qbs being projected to go in round 1.  Unless some GM absolutely falls in love with Fields and has a top 5 pick I wouldn't do it.

They'll be someone willing to trade down - but sure.  If you want to tell me you're going to T if you can't trade down...sure, I'm on board with that.

Would rather get more picks.  Get the T, take a WR with the Seattle pick, take a RB or TE at 33 (I think we still get 33)

Assuming we don't win all 3.

17 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Build the best offensive line in the NFL and stick with Sam.  Sorry, not the sexy move but it's the smart move.

I'm not so sure that's not a sexy draft? Hold on to Sammy and give him the supporting cast he's always deserved for the first time in his career. The Jets owe him that.

Take Sewell at #2 then trade Seahawks 1st and #33 to get Kyle Pitts. That would start an excellent supporting cast for Sammy. It would finally give him a fair chance.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I'd trade down, let someone else take sewel or the 2nd Qb then take a guy like pitts or D smith and then the best guard or Centter.

I don't know? If the Jets have the 2nd overall and someone wants to trade up to get Wilson? Trade down one or two spots and still get Sewell. Then with added picks you can package picks and possibly get back up to 11? I think it's possible Pitts could still be there at 11.

5 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

I'm not so sure that's not a sexy draft? Hold on to Sammy and give him the supporting cast he's always deserved for the first time in his career. The Jets owe him that.

Take Sewell at #2 then trade Seahawks 1st and #33 to get Kyle Pitts. That would start an excellent supporting cast for Sammy. It would finally give him a fair chance.

I want Pitts too but Ertz and Henry are both UFA

33 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

You know what? I agree with you. I'm not sold on Fields at all. Keep Sam and bring in Wentz. User the draft to build up the line and receiving corps.

• Upvote 1