I want Penei Sewell at 2nd Overall

Philc1

46 minutes ago, KINGDIRK said:

Sure. More picks. JN loves draft picks!

Who cares about super elite QB prospects...when we got....lot o picks!

If we lose TL, then who do you want, I'd rather have more picks if we lose out on TL.  Makes the most sense, but sure draft a QB that doesn't belong being the 2nd pick.. Talk about being smart. I'll trust JD.

22 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

If we lose TL, then who do you want, I'd rather have more picks if we lose out on TL.  Makes the most sense, but sure draft a QB that doesn't belong being the 2nd pick.. Talk about being smart. I'll trust JD.

I don’t know. I’m too emotional right now at the prospect of losing Lawrence. The idea of more picks instead of Lawrence is making me want to vomit. 

28 minutes ago, KINGDIRK said:

I don’t know. I’m too emotional right now at the prospect of losing Lawrence. The idea of more picks instead of Lawrence is making me want to vomit. 

If we don’t trade down enough we might miss out on the next Devin Smith or Ashton Davis

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Build the best offensive line in the NFL and stick with Sam.  Sorry, not the sexy move but it's the smart move.

I'll bet you were thrilled when the Jets extended Sanchez to build around him.

Same scenario.  Build a good team around a bad QB.  Don't see making the same dumb mistake as a smart move

Same scenario.  Build a good team around a bad QB.  Don't see making the same dumb mistake as a smart move

Darnold had flashed on really bad teams. Sanchez never did. Also Ryan Tannehill was good once he got away from Gase. Sam at least deserves a chance to be. We have two firsts next year also. If Sam shows nothing again with a new coach we can easily go QB next year.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

5 hours ago, flgreen said:

I'll give you a counter scenario 

By the time the colts drafted Quenton Nelson, Andrew luck was ruined 

The Jets could have very easily boned this 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, flgreen said:

Let’s ignore the fact that we almost got to a Super Bowl twice with a crappy qb and a top 3 OL

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, RSJ said:

Darnold had flashed on really bad teams. Sanchez never did. Also Ryan Tannehill was good once he got away from Gase. Sam at least deserves a chance to be. We have two firsts next year also. If Sam shows nothing again with a new coach we can easily go QB next year.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Hire Harbaugh.  Sam will look very different next season 

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Hire Harbaugh.  Sam will look very different next season 

Is he gonna grow out his hair? 

Harbaugh has had mediocre offenses in college and was trending toward offensive mediocrity in the NFL before he left. 

Sam isn’t good. Dump him and start finding the next QB. 3 years of bad QB play isn’t worth another season. Jameis, Dak, Bridgewater are all clear upgrades, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance, Mac Jones, Justin Fields are all good prospects. Any thing but Sam Darnold.

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

Harbaugh has had mediocre offenses in college and was trending toward offensive mediocrity in the NFL before he left. 

Sam isn’t good. Dump him and start finding the next QB. 3 years of bad QB play isn’t worth another season. Jameis, Dak, Bridgewater are all clear upgrades, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance, Mac Jones, Justin Fields are all good prospects. Any thing but Sam Darnold.

How is Jameis a clear upgrade?

Sean Payton, the smartest offensive coach this side of Andy Reid, elected to go with a 30 year old gadget player at QB over Winston when Brees went down.

Carolina is already looking to move on from Bridgewater. Why do we want a mediocre gamemanager with next to zero upside?

And Dak is in all likelihood staying in Dallas.

Darnold may very well end up not being the guy, but I’d rather see what he can do with a competent HC and improved supporting cast for a year over taking someone like Fields, Wilson or Lance. And I sure as hell don’t care about any of the schlubs set to hit the FA market. 

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Sean Payton, the smartest offensive coach this side of Andy Reid, elected to go with a 30 year old gadget player at QB over Winston when Brees went down.

Carolina is already looking to move on from Bridgewater. Why do we want a mediocre gamemanager with next to zero upside?

Darnold may very well end up not being the guy, but I’d rather see what he can do with a competent HC and improved supporting cast for a year over taking someone like Fields, Wilson or Lance. And I sure as hell don’t care about any of the schlubs set to hit the FA market. 

Because Darnold is worse than a game manager. He is the worst starting QB in the league. His best is average. His worst is worse than 36 other QBs. 

3 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Hey what’s Harbaugh’s record as a NFL Head Coach?

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Jameis is better than any QB we have had since Vinny in 1998

And it’s not even close.

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

Because Darnold is worse than a game manager. He is the worst starting QB in the league. His best is average. His worst is worse than 36 other QBs. 

He was fine last year.  This year we took away his number one WR and replaced him with Chris freakin Hogan for the first half of the season

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

He was fine last year.  This year we took away his number one WR and replaced him with Chris freakin Hogan for the first half of the season

He was bad last year. You who sh*ts on Baker Mayfield are willing to excuse Darnold’s continuance of crap football?

Love the idea of building an elite o-line. A lot of people will scream about QB but it all starts up front. It always has been true and it always will be. The QB gets all the glory but games are won and lost in the trenches. All QB's and RB's will look better behind an elite o-line, so build that ish.

I don't know if I like taking him at #2 though when there will definitely be opportunities to trade out there and pickup draft capital.

4 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Are you dead set on Sewell at 2, or would you give any thought to Chase?

I've wanted Sewell since Sept 

I don't believe Chase is as rare an athlete (pending combine results) 

I also suspect there's a huge drop off between Sewell (a generational tackle) then the rest of the OT class then Chase and the rest of the WR class. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

I've wanted Sewell since Sept 

I don't believe Chase is as rare an athlete (pending combine results) 

I also suspect there's a huge drop off between Sewell (a generational tackle) then the rest of the OT class then Chase and the rest of the WR class. 

But the difference between a league average OT and a great OT is lesser than the difference between a league average WR and a great WR. I get the Sewell love I just don’t think that for this team with $90 million in cap space another OT is the right thing.

15 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I just don’t think that for this team with $90 million in cap space another OT is the right thing.

the Jets have so much cap space and so few assets, they can draft any position and still afford to pay those players forever 

the Jets need to draft GOOD Players, regardless of spot

Sewell is a generational OT 

Chase is a pretty good WR

if it were reversed and Chase were like Julio Jones or Calvin Johnson, i'd lean toward the WR

heck if he were Mike Evans we could talk about it 

there's no indications that La'Marr Chase is that kind of player 

he's very good it's just the difference between blue chip and red chip 

16 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the Jets have so much cap space and so few assets, they can draft any position and still afford to pay those players forever 

the Jets need to draft GOOD Players, regardless of spot

Sewell is a generational OT 

Chase is a pretty good WR

if it were reversed and Chase were like Julio Jones or Calvin Johnson, i'd lean toward the WR

heck if he were Mike Evans we could talk about it 

there's no indications that La'Marr Chase is that kind of player 

he's very good it's just the difference between blue chip and red chip 

I love Sewell but I disagree on the eval of the two. Chase was doing everything as a sophomore that you expect from a transcendent receiver. 

The key is that we have a generational type guy in Becton, because of him I don’t see the value of Sewell or any OT in the upcoming draft at a premium pick. Basically these two OLs are a wash to me

Becton- Slater- McGovern- Thuney- Fant

Becton- Thuney -McGovern- GVR- Sewell

and if you wanna take Slater and Sewell then that’s cool with me but maybe not the best roster management.

8 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Chase was doing everything as a sophomore that you expect from a transcendent receiver. 

The key is that we have a generational type guy in Becton, because of him I don’t see the value of Sewell or any OT in the upcoming draft at a premium pick. Basically these two OLs are a wash to me

Chase can play as well as he wants if he's not running 4.3 at 6'3" 220+ (Julio/Calvin) he's not worth that 2 pick 

He's more like 6 even 205 4.4 i.e. rich man's Amari Cooper or Michael Crabtree not elite top 3 pick 

As for the OT, they have one and need another. Fant is OK is pass pro and terrible/awful as a run blocker

like he's negative in run blocking getting pushed into the backfield 

having 2 elite run blockers who are also lock down pass protectors could legit set this team up for a decade 

• Upvote 1

Me too.

Generation LT and the highest rated LT/O-Lineman prospect since Orlando Pace. 

Especially after Becton's remarks of us not being real fans all because we weren't rooting for his 0-13 big ass. 

Let's see how much of a "Jets fan" Becton is once playing 2nd fiddle to Sewell who's labeled as Jets Franchise LT. 

Becton is more of a road grader to begin with and belongs @ RT if we're to draft Sewell!

• Upvote 2

On 12/21/2020 at 6:44 PM, kdels62 said:

He was bad last year. You who sh*ts on Baker Mayfield are willing to excuse Darnold’s continuance of crap football?

Baker has the best OL in the nfl and it did wonders for him after he was the worst qb in the league by every possible metric in 2019

Yes, I do think a great OL would help Sam a lot