Fields or Wilson

Rhg1084

Do not underestimate the fact that Joe Douglas came from an organization that drafted another NDSU QB.  He knows that they can translate.

I don’t think coming from the same program as Wentz is necessarily viewed as a good thing anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

all I gotta say is that people didnt even CONSIDER that this kid was better than Baker, Sam and Rosen... who were crowned the 

]OBVIOUSLY BEST 3 QBs in the 2018 draft...

Very good OL, very good running game, very good offensive situational play calling and plays that fit LJ skill set. 

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

He is better at everything. Sam is a flat out COLOSSAL bust.

You can’t deny that Sammy has had none of that. LJ came to a perennial playoff team with a solid and well respected front office and coaching staff. Sammy came to a perennial loser with the Idzik and MacDaddys blowing draft after draft. 
No argument on who came into the better situation. 

23 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

You can’t deny that Sammy has had none of that. LJ came to a perennial playoff team with a solid and well respected front office and coaching staff. Sammy came to a perennial loser with the Idzik and MacDaddys blowing draft after draft. 

Situ smitchu. Burrow and Herebert looked good this year, very, on bad teams.

24 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

If Sammy was looking good and making sh*t happend and we still were losing I'd be fine with him.

But hes the worst in the leauge over th time he's been in the league.

3 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Look at the receivers Herbert and Burrow  have.  Now tell me about Sam’s? C’mon you can’t try and overlook facts when trying to push a narrative 

narrative. am talkimg DATA.

WRs my ass Sam cant even SEE OPEN WRS who gives a rats ass who they are. Got injured this year b/c of it.

9 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

narrative. am talkimg DATA.

WRs my ass Sam cant even SEE OPEN WRS who gives a rats ass who they are. Got injured this year b/c of it.

anchorman GIF

Ok... obviously this goes beyond reasonable discussion. I’m all for moving on, but Sam’s confidence  has been destroyed by terrible OL play, no talent at skill positions and coaching. 

Go ahead and tear down a 22 year old. Have at it “Jet fan”

16 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

anchorman GIF

Ok... obviously this goes beyond reasonable discussion. I’m all for moving on, but Sam’s confidence  has been destroyed by terrible OL play, no talent at skill positions and coaching. 

Go ahead and tear down a 22 year old. Have at it “Jet fan”

Man on one side there are so many facts that back up the visual evidence of San Darnold being bad at football. On the other side there’s the idea that Sam might be an outlier that rises from terrible QBing to anything above mediocrity. Facts or your feelings idk which one to trust.

10 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Man on one side there are so many facts that back up the visual evidence of San Darnold being bad at football (not including USC last years 6-2 finish). On the other side there’s the idea that Sam might be an outlier that rises from terrible QBing to anything above mediocrity. Facts or your feelings idk which one to trust.

I don't think anyone will know until he is picked up by another team like SF, Pats, Carolina, Philadelphia or even the Rams lacking competent QB play.  A competent OC and supporting cast will be the best way of determining this. Obviously the Jets haven't provided these two ingredients in making a good QB.

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

I don't think anyone will know until he is picked up by another team like SF, Pats, Carolina, Philadelphia or even the Rams lacking competent QB play.  A competent OC and supporting cast will be the best way of determining this. Obviously the Jets haven't provided these two ingredients in making a good QB.

He wasn’t exceptionally good at USC. He played hero ball and everyone ignored his bad play around that. Guess what in college he was reckless with the football and bad at feeling the rush. During our 6-2 finish he had good games against the Giants, Redskins and Raiders but was fairly bad in every other game including against the Bills and Steelers who were either resting players or injured.

I think Wilson is a gamer and can make some wow plays. I think a few years ago I woulda said take Wilson over Fields but seeing Josh Allen makes me excited about a guy like Fields seeing his potential. 

Darnold himself was a guy people loved bc he made these plays out of his a$$. I think Wilson is a bit of different player but still in that same vein. Where as Fields has all the measurables, strong arm, fast/mobile, but perhaps not as cerebral as Wilson and doesn’t innately have that pocket presence. 

This is the exact reason I think the coaching Hire is more important than the QB we pick to be honest - We need to provide the stability Buffalo has and a coach who is going to inject his vision/mission the way McDermott has. The right coaching hire will make this decision much easier. I would take either over Darnold at this point too. Financially it makes more sense, playing wise the kids confidence is toast and even if you put his best 16 games together it still doesn’t even get you excited. When is the next time you pick the second best prospect coming out without having to trade for em. 

my only grievance is that the damn dolphins are gunna get Sewell if we take a QB. 

The thing I've learned about evaluating QBs is that I want the guy that can process information more quickly and go through his reads without locking in on the first option. From what I've been hearing, Wilson is much better at this than Fields. I don't care if you are an elite athlete - you will always be limited as a QB if you can't go through your progressions quickly. Also, Wilson has a cannon. If Fields shows he can do this on Friday then he will help himself immensely.

neither - was Lawrence or BUST. Neither is an upgrade to Darnold. Draft WR Ja'Marr Chase from LSU or that tackle from Oregon (i'd prefer the almost sure thing WR, because we already have a good LT, and can grab a RT later in draft). Build around Darnold, get him a line through free agency and/or draft. Get him weapons to throw to. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

neither - was Lawrence or BUST. Neither is an upgrade to Darnold. Draft WR Ja'Marr Chase from LSU or that tackle from Oregon (i'd prefer the almost sure thing WR, because we already have a good LT, and can grab a RT later in draft). Build around Darnold, get him a line through free agency and/or draft. Get him weapons to throw to. 

Both are upgrades from Sam.

2 hours ago, maury77 said:

Since everyone loves talking about Fields vs NW and Indiana, let's look at Wilson vs. a Power 5 school. Still has impressive traits, but he doesn't get away with a lot of the stuff that he does vs. BYU's schedule this year:

I posted this in the main forum. But idk why people are only looking at this year. He has a ton of mediocre film when faced with legit teams and frankly even bad competition from last season. Fields to me is the clear cut #2 QB in this draft. Not saying he is a must pick but he’s the pick of you want a non-Lawrence QB. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

The best QBs, Mahomes, Watson, Rodgers, Russ, Lamar.....and even dudes like Tannehill (Think I butcher his name....) and Allen can move, due to being athletic. All have tasted major success to some degree.

It would behoove us, the Jets, to not overthink this and end up with Darnold's backup........Need I mind you Darnold had an outstanding bowl....but sucks at the pros.

Justin is in a bit of a tough spot...being injured and playing that Clemson defense is not an ideal situation to increase your stock. However, it wouldn't hurt his career to drop into the lap of a team like SF...

Justin has the tools to translate better, into the pros. The way the NFL is trending now, is towards guys like Justin. While guys like Wilson end up like Darnold, or at best, Cousins.

Justin.

Deep ball accuracy=instant NFL success.

I mean, if you can't do $hit else......a guy with a nice deep pass will succeed. Carr does not blow anyone away, but he is the 11th QBR and still doing good for himself due to his ability to be accurate on 20+ yard passes.

I feel Urban is low-key seeing where this kid ends up.......(Could be 100% wrong, don't hold me to this lol.....)

• Upvote 1

On 12/30/2020 at 5:55 PM, BklynJetsFan85 said:

Everyone here has Trevor withdrawals 

This is the 1998 draft all over again.  One lock generational qb prospect and Ryan Leaf (or in this case 2-3 Ryan Leaves)