So What's the plan now?

hamat711

I'm tempted to say there is no plan, but realistically speaking this win is going to monumentally set the team back in a number of ways.

Having TL here as the QB gives the organization a fresh start, and would have attracted some legitimate HC options that he could pair with. Now? What coach with any notoriety is going to sign up to save Sam Darnold in Year 4 on his 3rd coach and 3rd OC when he's played like absolute garbage? This is a gigantic loss in many ways, not just losing out on a player. We're going to hire another bum HC like Bowles or Gase on the cheap to come in here and flounder for a few years until we finally give up on turning Darnold into a franchise QB and start the whole thing over again.

JD needs to nail every single draft pick or we're are cooked

• Upvote 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Jax is not winning a game.  They won't even be close.

They'll be no talk of sitting on couches and eating pizza...

They own TL now and aren't stupid enough to win another game.  these 3 hours cost the Jets 15 years.  It's so sad.

Lawrence was not coming here

What's the Plan?  Simple "ache for Arch"   Arch Manning is a sophmore in HS.  Everyone is saying he is much better then either Peyton, or Eli.

He'll be coming out in 2025,  Gase is still the HC, his buddy Peyton won't let his nephew play for anyone except Gase.

Just think with 5 more under 5 win seasons how much talent the Jets will surround him with.  It's been the plan all along.  @SAR I tried to tell us but no one would lisen.  

• Haha 2

I'd imagine with the 2 pick it's Wilson or Sewell or potentially trading down. The only thing is I don't think the 2nd is worth nearly as much as it was? The 2nd pick used to be valuable because everyone wanted Justin Fields. Well, the truth is out about Fields and now no one would even consider taking him at 2. So I would think the Jets might find suitors wanting to trade up to #2 to get Sewell? 

1 minute ago, NYJ1 said:

I'd imagine with the 2 pick it's Wilson or Sewell or potentially trading down. The only thing is I don't think the 2nd is worth nearly as much as it was? The 2nd pick used to be valuable because everyone wanted Justin Fields. Well, the truth is out about Fields and now no one would even consider taking him at 2. So I would think the Jets might find suitors wanting to trade up to #2 to get Sewell? 

If teams are calling the Jets about #2 to take Sewell, Douglas would be wise to knock them back and take Sewell. He fits a need on the Jets. Him and Becton playing tackle could solve that issue for the next 10 years. Not many teams in the league could say that.

12 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Jax is not winning a game.  They won't even be close.

They'll be no talk of sitting on couches and eating pizza...

They own TL now and aren't stupid enough to win another game.  these 3 hours cost the Jets 15 years.  It's so sad.

JD drafted James Morgan in round 4. And he sat on the bench instead of playing the last months. He could have been the secret weapon. It would have been embarrassing bc he’s not enough good enough to be active but who cares. This feels like an AFC Title Game loss.