So What's the plan now?

hamat711

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

My god you are all.....sad. I never expected the Jets to get the #1 pick and I am happy we won. And we still may wind up with the #1 as both of Jacksonville's last games are winnable.

I will say this though: Sam something today. He is still only 23 and no one can tell me that having a consistent OL and weapons does not make a QB much better. 

Improve the offensive line, get more weapons and Sam might still be the answer. There is no guarantee Lawrence will be great. 

I refuse to be upset with a Jets win.

Only bad thing this win could do is give the Johnsons an excuse to keep Gase which now with a victory is no worse than 50/50.

Exactly right. 
Gase hasn’t earned the right to come back, HIS poor record speaks for itself. But when we’re dealing with the Johnsons expect, stupidity.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Exactly right. 
Gase hasn’t earned the right to come back, HIS poor record speaks for itself. But when we’re dealing with the Johnsons expect, stupidity.

The Johnsons are 2 weeks away from announcing a horrible head coach hire which inevitably would have scared away Lawrence 

59 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Your new plan:

BAABA1D5-B359-4900-A103-E1804B5D7F77.jpeg

I got my Sewell shares early... September early 

just as

Trevor Lawrence is the best QB prospect in years 

Penei Sewell is the best OT prospect in years 

I don't see this win as a huge setback

in fact there's a real scenario where TL gets Andrew Luck'ed here 

https://weeklyspiral.com/2020/09/07/penei-sewell-best-tackle-prospect-in-years/

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I got my Sewell shares early... September early 

just as

Trevor Lawrence is the best QB prospect in years 

Penei Sewell is the best OT prospect in years 

I don't see this win as a huge setback

in fact there's a real scenario where TL gets Andrew Luck'ed here 

https://weeklyspiral.com/2020/09/07/penei-sewell-best-tackle-prospect-in-years/

Sewell is a can’t miss generational OT prospect

the fact that the people who know everything don’t want him is troubling 

Probably keep Sam, trade down (even a sh*tty offer is better than nothing), build the OL and the secondary. Don't overspend in FA. Mid-round QB. See what Morgan and other QB have in camp. Possibly trade Sam mid season if offer is good enough. Trust the drafting process of JD. 

Sucks, but also kinda exciting in a weird way. 

Best case scenario is Sam has a resurgence, so we have our QB, AND didn't have to waste #1 overall on it. 

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

I'm surprised nobody here is considering Trey Lance. He's raw but he's a beast. I'd love to draft Lance and have him sit behind Darnold while we put together a decent roster. 

If we're going for a QB I'm not interested in Fields but I would be interested in Trey Lance.  Potentially we could trade down from 1.02 and still get Lance.  I think Sam is going to be our QB going forward though.  Obviously we have a lot of building to do around him.  And it sucks that our options at HC have probably dramatically shifted for the worse.  

I don't know a lot about the quarterbacks as individuals, I've seen a bunch of Fields/Wilson stuff as background noise, but I don't think you can draft a QB second overall on a team like this, that just went 1-15 or 2-14, and sit him even for a couple games. So if that's your path, you sell Darnold for what he's worth and if Flacco retires, find another Flacco.

The "Sam + best non-QB prospect" path is something "edgy" and "weird" enough that I'd be able to sell myself on it if there was a real consensus elite non-QB prospect?

I think Darnold is as good as over half the QB's in this league.  He hasn't had anyone develop him.  He played well today in the first half.  Get a coaching staff that can build the offense around his strengths.  Look how good the offense was when he had a running game with young backs in there.  Gase is an idiot and never let's young talent hit the field.  Stay away from Fields.  Every Ohio State player we get in the draft sucks.  QB's from Ohio State don't make it in the NFL.  So don't waste a 2nd round pick on him.  Lawrence struggled last year in the Championship game against a great defense in LSU, just like Fields struggled against Northwestern yesterday.  Look at all the QB's the Browns took with all their first round picks, and I still don't think they have a great one.  Majority are even in the league now.  Maybe above average at best, but that is even a stretch.  Get the OL from Oregon with the 2nd round pick and pair him with Becton for the future.  Our D line is coming around, Mims will only get better, get a running game with the 3 running backs we have (not Gore) and a competent coaching staff.  Darnold is still young and could be a franchise QB if used correctly.  Can make all the throws, is mobile, seems to be making better decisions.  Who was the last high prospect QB that was drafted high that turned out to be awesome?  The ones that do really well are ones you would never suspect come draft day.  

2 hours ago, dbatesman said:

There is no plan. There never was a plan. There never will be a plan. This organization is a ******* waste of all of our time.

Next time they release a flowery media thing about Hymie Whatshisname, remember today. These f___in' IDIOTS couldn't do one simple thing. YOU HAD ONE JOB. 

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Jax is not winning a game.  They won't even be close.

They'll be no talk of sitting on couches and eating pizza...

They own TL now and aren't stupid enough to win another game.  these 3 hours cost the Jets 15 years.  It's so sad.

The Jags will be tailgating  with beer bongs, shots and thai sticks before every game. 

• Upvote 1