Keep Gase

FidelioJet

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

Yes I am. Let’s build a team around Darnold he’s only 23. It was a big win against a top team in the NFL. At worst we have the 2nd pick in the draft. 

Sorry but the Jets cant keep Darnold- he's reached the end of his rookie contract and he still has shown very little to garner a 2nd contract particularly with a team that is in the middle of a gigantic rebuild.

Trade him. Get picks and move on w/ either Morgan or FA qb until the team is ready to compete at a higher level.

7 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Yes I am. Let’s build a team around Darnold he’s only 23. It was a big win against a top team in the NFL. At worst we have the 2nd pick in the draft. 

So you think Darnold has shown enough to warrant paying him? Serious question

2 minutes ago, peebag said:

Sorry but the Jets cant keep Darnold- he's reached the end of his rookie contract and he still has shown very little to garner a 2nd contract particularly with a team that is in the middle of a gigantic rebuild.

Trade him. Get picks and move on w/ either Morgan or FA qb until the team is ready to compete at a higher level.

You keep him next year - but load up on offense in the draft and FA..

If Sam proves to be the guy you pay him.   If he doesn’t you draft your QB next year and he comes into a loaded offense.

That’s the only way to handle this.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Cp561 said:

So you think Darnold has shown enough to warrant paying him? Serious question

I think Darnold needs a brand new start with an organization that isn't dysfunctional, like the Jets. Regardless of who the new coach is next year, the Jets should part ways with Sam. I wish him all the best. 

5 minutes ago, Coquito said:

I think Darnold needs a brand new start with an organization that isn't dysfunctional, like the Jets. Regardless of who the new coach is next year, the Jets should part ways with Sam. I wish him all the best. 

I agree but wdf are we supposed to do at QB now? I am not comfortable taking Fields at 2 from what I've seen from him lately. Maybe Wilson or Mac Jones but we would probably have to trade down from 2, because I doubt they're there with our 2nd 1st rd pick

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

Yes. He is only 23. If we do end up with the top pick, I would pick Trevor Lawrence. If we have the 2nd pick I would draft to build around Darnold.

So the reason you think he should be paid is because of his age? I get hes only 23 but he has not been good at all. Its true that he hasn't had a lot around him and hes been saddled with Gase but I would not pick up that 5th yr option. Maybe roll with him at qb next year and make him prove himself for a new deal, while also drafting a young qb behind him (maybe Wilson, Mac Jones or Trask)

This was happening last month, no need to create a thread about it tonight.  

This team has had multiple chances to quit on Gase and throw him to the vultures and every time they instead bust their asses for him.  

This is as bad as it gets for us having just lost a generational quarterback, but I believe we have found a strong head coach.  Perhaps something positive on a really bad night. 

SAR I

12 minutes ago, Icer said:

I doubled down on the insanity when they drafted Darnold, I wish I had checked out when they got Gase

I loved the Darnold pick. I also considered the fact that 90%+ of Mac’s picks were busts, but did hope Sam would be good. That said, I think we failed him miserably - and he was just too young to over-compensate for it. 

?‍♂️

35 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Great win. For a Jets fan to be unhappy tonight tells me more about them, then the team.

What does it say? I’m a Jet fan and am really unhappy we won. The franchise is worse off this evening than they were this morning. I mean, it’s still pretty bad, given our owners and coach. It’s kind of like death from poison (the Russian or North Korean kind) or drowning. You are still a poor team and still dead.

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This was happening last month, no need to create a thread about it tonight.  

This team has had multiple chances to quit on Gase and throw him to the vultures and every time they instead bust their asses for him.  

This is as bad as it gets for us having just lost a generational quarterback, but I believe we have found a strong head coach.  Perhaps something positive on a really bad night. 

SAR I

Dude come on. I get that you're a troll and you get off on your shtick, but at least make it sound reasonable/believable

12 minutes ago, Cp561 said:

I agree but wdf are we supposed to do at QB now? I am not comfortable taking Fields at 2 from what I've seen from him lately. Maybe Wilson or Mac Jones but we would probably have to trade down from 2, because I doubt they're there with our 2nd 1st rd pick

I'm more concerned about the HC than the QB at this point. The Jets have only once hired a SB winning HC (Bill Parcells) that I can recall. Most hires have been rookie HC's or what some call "retreads" which someone pointed out is what Gase is, but I'd like to think a "retread" would be someone who's been in the league for a number of years, coached several teams, but has been mediocre in every place he's coached. Off the top of my head someone like Chan Galley or Rex Ryan. Is McCarthy going to get fired from the Cowboys? I'd consider him a retread, as well. 

What's worse? A retread who has won a SB or a rookie HC like Bowles or Edwards? Because I can tell you right now, if the Jets don't get a legitimate coaching staff, It won't matter who the QB is.