Just flushed the next 15 years down the toilet.

Gibby

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Honestly, I’m not in a mindset to logically answer that.  My genuine feeling right now is that nothing the Jets do in the draft will matter because the QB sucks.

So then we draft a QB.

Trevor Lawrence is not and was not the only QB for the rest of time that could win.

If QB remains a need, then we look at QB.

Great thing about colleges, they make a whole new crop of QB's every year.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So then we draft a QB.

Trevor Lawrence is not and was not the only QB for the rest of time that could win.

Taking bad QB prospects way higher than they deserve to be taken is always a good way to get a good QB, yes.

9 minutes ago, David Harris said:

We are the Cubs - 50 years into a 100 year drought. 50 years to go. Most of us won’t make it.

I made my peace with this awhile back. So sorry for infecting my 15 year old son though. On the bright side... He will get to see a championship in his golden years. ?

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Taking bad QB prospects way higher than they deserve to be taken is always a good way to get a good QB, yes.

You seem to have it all figured out, abandon hope all ye who enter here, etc.

I'm pretty sure T.L. isn't the only good QB prospect, and that they'll be plenty of chances for us to get a QB.

But if you don't, ok.

Just now, Warfish said:

You seem to have it all figured out, abandon hope all ye who enter here, etc.

I'm pretty sure T.L. isn't the only good QB prospect, and that they'll be plenty of chances for us to get a QB.

But if you don't, ok.

History suggests that, yes, taking bad QB prospects is bad.  Glad we could clear that up.

This is by far the worst organization in professional sports. This win is fu(k1n meaningless and the team likely lost out at drafting the best QB prospect in years.  There is no way with Lawrence within their reach that they should have even come close to sniffing a win the rest of the way, but this team can NEVER get out of it's own way and it's literally nauseating.  Honestly, I don't know why I do this to myself.  I cannot ever remember being as angry and frustrated at this team as I am right now.  

• Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, Wonderboy said:

You’re a moronic buffoon. Wait.  That’s like a double negative ....which would make you a genius.... like Gase.

Wonderboy the other day:  People are neg repping me and being mean. I am reporting this.

Wonderyboy today:  Personally attacking people.

SMH.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ohhthepain said:

This is worse than the 2010 AFC championship Pittsburgh loss. Actually feel ill

This isn't even close. That team could have won the Super Bowl.

On a personal note I got in the bus after that game after being harassed on the way out of the stadium. Steelers fans kept jumping on the bus and cursing at us. I was in the front row. People were dejected. Some Steelers fan made a 9/11 joke.

I literally had to tell the whole bus that there was more of us then them. When anyone tried getting on the bus I said I am closing the door before they could say a word. Would say how do you think that will work out for you? Only then did the people stop coming on the bus.

Personal experience aside, these aren't in the same category. The Jets could still get the 1st pick. There are two weeks left. Not even close.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

History suggests that, yes, taking bad QB prospects is bad.  Glad we could clear that up.

Lol. My friend, take a step back. I too was on the ledge but we’ll be alright(tbd). 
It’s about the HC and GM to get things right. IMO, we have the right GM, now it’s time to find the right coach. 

As much as I wanted TL. There’s plenty of options to go with.

32 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So then we draft a QB.

I completely agree that there will be other good QBs, but here’s the problem -

I suspect the organization will choose to build around Darnold 

Not good 

• Upvote 4

I wanted Lawrence just as much as the next guy, but life goes on.

Now, unless we do some kind of silly sh*t like take Fields or Wilson at #2, at least we can build up the rest of the roster under the guidance (hopefully) of a respectable coach and finally see if Darnold can live up to the hype with a markedly improved supporting cast.

If he does, awesome.

If not, the search continues.

But constantly crying and menstruating all over the place does nothing either way. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Lol. My friend, take a step back. I too was on the ledge but we’ll be alright(tbd). 
It’s about the HC and GM to get things right. IMO, we have the right GM, now it’s time to find the right coach. 

As much as I wanted TL. There’s plenty of options to go with.

No one worth getting excited about is coming here to coach Justin Fields/the corpse of Sam Darnold/Zach Wilson/Trey Lance etc.

Say goodbye to Matt Campbell and the other coaches like him.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I completely agree that there will be other good QBs, but here’s the problem -

I suspect the organization will choose to build around Darnold 

Not good 

Darnold who is 35th in qb rating and 31 in QBR. Don’t care how bad Gase is that is awful. No way we can keep him 

• Post of the Week 1

Being my first post I have to confess that I've only been following the Jets for 12 years, well, I'm not even American for that regard. 

Having said this, it's a bit strange the messianic obsession with Trevor Lawrence. Yes, he is an amazing prospect, nonetheless as much as he is as good of a prospect as Luck and Elway, the latter two only account for a total of 2 Super Bowls. Even if you take a look at Elway's career, it doesn't match the pedigree he had prior draft.

If today was obviously a though blow for people who saw Lawrence as someone who had the capability of turning the franchise around, it can be seen as a day we start preparing for the future building the team in a different way. The probability for the team to add 5 or 6 victories next year through the draft and the offseason are pretty high in my opinion, you look at the receiving core that stated the season this year and you see a bunch of people who should be in the practice squad, our interior linemen have been completely ineffective against the pass rush - as the QB is constantly getting flushed out of the pocket - and the cherry on the cake is having the most inept play caller in the league just killing the possibility of players succeeding with terrible readings of the opponents defensive units.

No QB can sustain any kind of success when the offense is built like this. The way the offence was structured with Sanchez - a lesser talent. both physically and mentally when compared to Darnold - was incredibly more productive then any type of offense that Darnold has ran. Why does that happen? Well, the fact that Sanchez had protection, a running game and some decent weapons with a defense that was a solid unit propelled him to play in a level that surpassed his talent in a major way.

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I wanted Lawrence just as much as the next guy, but life goes on.

Now, unless we do some kind of silly sh*t like take Fields or Wilson at #2, at least we can build up the rest of the roster under the guidance (hopefully) of a respectable coach and finally see if Darnold can live up to the hype with a markedly improved supporting cast.

If he does, awesome.

If not, the search continues.

But constantly crying and menstruating all over the place does nothing either way. 

Did you ever get your period? Probably not. 

That being said, here's a couple of unrelated things I personally need to complain about. I hit something prior to this by accident that asked me if I wanted to subscribe to this thread. Subscribe to this thread? No, wait, WHAAATT. Holy Hell, what does that even meeeaaaan? Is it going to happen? Did I prevent it? Will it haunt me forever?

To make matters worse, thrice (not a typo) yesterday, I hit threads with my stoopit arthritic fingers and wound up on people's profiles by MISTAKE, for Mildred's Sake. No! Fakk! No! Just no! I couldn't put the car in reverse fast enough. Son of a bitch.

Anyway, who cares about the draft. The world may not be here next week.

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Means nothing with no one at QB.

No one at Qb just played well and beat one of the top teams in the NFL. Yeah, only time this year. Lets see Sam with a new HC. Its happened before with high draft picks who looked average to below and then got the right HC and things changes for the better (Testeverde, Steve Young, Jared Goff, Drew Brees, Alex Smith). 

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

No one at Qb just played well and beat one of the top teams in the NFL. Yeah, only time this year. Lets see Sam with a new HC. Its happened before with high draft picks who looked average to below and then got the right HC and things changes for the better (Testeverde, Steve Young, Jared Goff, Drew Brees, Alex Smith). 

He’s garbage.  Colt McCoy beat the Seahawks.  He’s still garbage too.  The TEAM beat LA.  Not Sam.  It’s more likely he ends up like every other bust QB that was *gasp* just f*cking garbage.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

42 minutes ago, Maxman said:

This isn't even close. That team could have won the Super Bowl.

On a personal note I got in the bus after that game after being harassed on the way out of the stadium. Steelers fans kept jumping on the bus and cursing at us. I was in the front row. People were dejected. Some Steelers fan made a 9/11 joke.

I literally had to tell the whole bus that there was more of us then them. When anyone tried getting on the bus I said I am closing the door before they could say a word. Would say how do you think that will work out for you? Only then did the people stop coming on the bus.

Personal experience aside, these aren't in the same category. The Jets could still get the 1st pick. There are two weeks left. Not even close.

No disrespect but you’re delusional. 

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I am so f*cking sick and tired of the excuses for Sam.

Besides the fact that we just lost the right to draft Trevor, the absolute WORST part of this win is the absolutely abhorrent amount of circus clowns coming out to defend and prop him up and suggest we build give him 25 million, fully guaranteed next year with the 5th year option, and continue to build around him. 

On point. But watch your language- (absolutely abhorrent amount of circus clowns coming out to defend and prop him up) Max is not feeling well over losing TL and doesn’t like us attacking these ‘fans’ who know jack sh*t about the history of this snake bitten franchise. Leon Hess why did you have to go and sell. 

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I am so f*cking sick and tired of the excuses for Sam.

Besides the fact that we just lost the right to draft Trevor, the absolute WORST part of this win is the absolutely abhorrent amount of circus clowns coming out in droves to defend and prop him up while simultaneously suggesting that we give him 25 million, fully guaranteed, next year with the 5th year option, and continue to build around him. 

I'm not even making excuses for Darnold, but the fact is that the overall talent we had in our offensive unit combined with one of the most shocking play-callers in the league was not supposed to work in any other way. The positive evolution showed by Darnold on the fist 2 year is enough to establish that he has talent to be competent to play at an NFL level.

I do understand that there are Qbs who are more talented, nonetheless to expect a unit to be productive given the subpar level of talent seems to lead to a fallacious logic when evaluation certain players, Darnold although being guilty of incredibly stupid decisions this year, is one of many players who fall victims of a mismanaged team that not only didn't achieve it's potential but that simply has too many holes to be expected to compete. When these two factors coincide it's very hard to make judgements on players who already demonstrated to be talented enough to be in the league.