Sam Darnold or Justin Fields?

Sam Darnold or Justin Fields moving forward?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Darnold or Fields?

• Sam Darnold
    • Justin Fields

38 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Darnold. If Josh Allen can go from RB to MVP candidate Sam can make a big jump with competent coaching and a decent team around him. He looked like he belonged today. The fight this kid shows has to be worth something. Plop Sam on that OSU team and they beat Northwestern by 50.

Welcome back.

42 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

so after the community freak out(myself, being the best showing)

JN stake your early claim.

42 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Im still taking QB no matter what. **** Sam

Keep Sam trade the 2nd pick. Load up this year in draft and also take a QB just not in the 1st round 

4 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

In the last 20 years, can you name a RB who's lived up to their second contract?

If not, why would you draft a player this high who you'd be looking to move on from in 4 years?

I agree and as much as I love Etienne, Najee Harris is prob better. Wouldn’t hate either in the 20s with Seattle’s pick depending on how the board fell.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

I agree and as much as I love Etienne, Najee Harris is prob better. Wouldn’t hate either in the 20s with Seattle’s pick depending on how the board fell.

Wouldn't mind taking an RB at the top of round 2.  But, that's as high as I'd consider.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

Wouldn't mind taking an RB at the top of round 2.  But, that's as high as I'd consider.

Yeah it’s fair. I’d prob be ok with Harris though as an exception. Dude is the truth. Obviously like I mentioned depends how the board falls.Kyle pitts would be ideal but I think he’s going top 10 as long as he doesn’t clock a 4.8

46 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Yall dying to pay sam 25 mill to be the worst statistical QB in nfl another year.  Dude doesnt even use the WR he has . But all you hear is he need to playmakers. 

If they decide to say with Sam they better not be paying him 25M.  Renegotiate or trade.  

42 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Gun to my head I'm taking Fields because Darnold is the football equivalent of a corpse under center. I can't watch another year of him. But my vote is still neither.

IMHO even with a good team around him Sam will underperform more often than not.  

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Uh, why not?  We need a QB and he's the 2nd best QB in the class.

For starters don’t like he’s already had a shoulder surgery and hand surgery. His passes do not have much zip on them. While this year he’s playing well I just don’t trust it. I also feel that he hesitated bit to see his receivers are open rather that throwing on time and his longer passes tend to look behind target. Also the size 6’1” and 200 with surgeries already. The shoulder injury Sam had this year, remove Darnild and put in Wilson and we are reliving Pennington all over.  

in fairness I haven watched a lot of him but I didn’t think he was overly impressive  

Trade the 2nd pick for a haul if you can. Hope teams want Sewel or Fields and speed up roster rebuilding   

• Upvote 1

In all seriousness, I’d like to bring in an actual QB whisperer and let him choose. if they start fresh, at least they get their choice of the rest of the class. But, If he and Douglas decide Sam deserves another chance with a retooled line and some new toys, so be it. But I won’t feel great about it either way.

In reality, we know the wonder twins are just settling on Marvin Lewis anyway. So pass the whiskey.

What's the number 2 pick worth? lol. Is there value in trading back? Will anyone even trade up, if everyone is saying the 2nd best QB isn't worth it?

I mean between the senior bowl and whatever combine there is in 2021, some GM will
Convince themselves that one of those kids is the next coming. Having the 2nd pick is a good thing in that respect. Just stockpile assets at this point. If nothing else, I have faith that JD can ID some good picks for us.

3 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I'll be honest, I'm not sold on Fields. This is such a kick in the dick.

Yeah. We need a miracle Jax win or we need to bite the bullet and let JD find a trade partner for the 2nd pick, hope a team loves Sewel or Fields and obtain a nice package of picks to speed up rebuilding. 

take a qb later and hope the new HC can put a good OC and QB coach in place to find/develop a QB 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Darnold 

Fields, Wilson, Lance...they can all suck the wettest fart directly from my balloon knot.

Hire a coach who knows his ass from his elbow. Build up the skill positions. Continue to build the OL.

If Darnold sucks, well...he sucks.

At least the next young QB won’t walk into a situation where the cupboard is completely bare.

**** that. Trade down and take Lance.  Let him sit behind Darnold for year then trade Darnold for more draft assets.  Next year Lance will be ready to take the reins and will have a team around him. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

I mean between the senior bowl and whatever combine there is in 2021, some GM will
Convince themselves that one of those kids is the next coming. Having the 2nd pick is a good thing in that respect. Just stockpile assets at this point. If nothing else, I have faith that JD can ID some good picks for us.

This is tough because idzik did this too, but we also have picked early and missed. 

I have no idea what to think of darnold. We see flashes of good but then the bad comes. He hasn't been healthy in his pro career. 

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

so after the community freak out(myself, being the best showing)

JN stake your early claim.

Hopefully the front office listens to the players when it comes to the QB spot next season, if they do they will know if they need to draft another one or not.

2 hours ago, Lith said:

Where is the James Morgan option?

They absolutely have to find a way to get that guy on the field in the next two weeks. It’s been utter negligence that he has not played at least one quarter of NFL football in any of these games where the Jets have been down by three touchdowns in the second half.

Asking for James Morgan to be an option in this poll is like asking for there to be a door #3 option like on Let’s Make A Deal, a complete crapshoot. We have no idea what this dude is.