Still stunned but.....

riggy001

39 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

If I recall, the Jets hired JD at a time when no team was looking for a GM which was after the draft so wtf are you talking about. 

Yes... after other teams had hired their GMs. At the time the teams that were looking (aka prior to the Jets looking because they kept their old GM for far too long), they did not hire JD. This seems like saying the 'sky is blue'. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

I admit I didn’t expect to win but I’m not pissed.  It’s just the way I am.  As a fan or when I played sports I was competitive and wanted to win.  Can’t attack the Hers for just doing their jobs and playing hard.  The Jets have a ton of cap space and picks.  Things will work out fine.  People need to take a breath and see what happens 

I know what you mean, playing sports I know we always try hard no matter what so you can't fault teams for doing that and winning if they can. We have to find a way to improve either with Sam or another QB that likely is not TL. As you said we have plenty of draft picks and cap space going forward, so if JD can keep drafting like this 2020 class we should get much better soon.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Yes... after other teams had hired their GMs. At the time the teams that were looking (aka prior to the Jets looking because they kept their old GM for far too long), they did not hire JD. This seems like saying the 'sky is blue'. 

JD was by far the best prospect for a GM for the upcoming year. He was going to get offers. Every year GMs are hired and fired. JD was a guy that was up and coming at the time we hired him. 

2 hours ago, pointman said:

What rank would you give Sam as a starting QB in this league. Somewhere in the 25-32 arena? Do you think that someone in this draft, that plays quarterback, that is not named Lawrence (lets just presume even though that ship has not sailed just yet), will not exceed the expectations of being bottom quarter of the league in terms of overall quarterback play?

I just dont think its as simple as this. Sam was a top rated QB over the last 6 games as a rookie. Then Gase took over and it became a disaster. Ideally everyone was on board with Lawrence but if it doesnt happen all hope is not lost with Sam provided we have a new HC 

You know what's funny? I actually feel getting the #1 pick is more likely tonight than it was this morning. This is sort of this odd pressure on players in a tanking situation. No one in the NFL wants to be the team that was the worst in the NFL. the previous season. It is embarrassing. So the players actually play really hard not to be that. I do not think team leadership tanks intentionally either . So the pressure switches over to Jax in an odd way. Plus Chicago is now back in the playoff picture and there is a lot of choke in Chicago. So I think that the Jets players may relax now and Jacksonville rallies. Jacksonville has 2 very winnable games remaining. A potential choke by Chicago and an Indy team with nothing to play for week 17. I am glad we won. I do not really care if we get #1 but if we do I will be excited then. But the final draft standings are far from over.