Jump to content

What if Trevor doesn't want to play for the Jags?


Recommended Posts

Why is it generally ok to slander the Jets when it comes to Trevor Lawrence with many media types coming out publicly to pile onto the Jets saying Trevor should never come here.  But all will be ok with Trevor going to the Jags?  Why would it not be possible that Trevor could say he doesn't want to go to Jacksonville?  We can hold out hope, can't we :(

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

This thought actually came into my mind. Jax has been inept for 20 years but being close to home and small town, that prob carry’s a lot of weight. Nyc is a diffferent animal, especially for people who didn’t grow up in big cities.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

lmao yeah the best QB prospect in a decade is going to demand a trade to this flaming sewer of a franchise

Jax has a punchers chance being worse, but has other mitigating factors for Lawrence.... small town, close to home, familiar with the culture etc

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

This thought actually came into my mind. Jax has been inept for 20 years but being close to home and small town, that prob carry’s a lot of weight. Nyc is a diffferent animal, especially for people who didn’t grow up in big cities.

The Jets haven't played in the city in a long time. And Florham Park is a nice town that isn't remotely like NYC. The players only go into NYC to have fun.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

Jax has a punchers chance being worse, but has other mitigating factors for Lawrence.... small town, close to home, familiar with the culture etc

Next Sunday at this time we could be back in control. My only worry is if that does happen, are we going to go full out and beat the Pats?!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Greensleeves said:

The Jets haven't played in the city in a long time. And Florham Park is a nice town that isn't remotely like NYC. The players only go into NYC to have fun.

True but the players here still have the city media and state of mind which was more of what I was getting at. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Greensleeves said:

Next Sunday at this time we could be back in control. My only worry is if that does happen, are we going to go full out and beat the Pats?!

Are hopes and dreams are all on Mitch trubisky doing Mitch trubisky things. I mean, I guess it could be worse right? Go Jax!!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PS17 said:

Ahh, Jacksonville culture

Haha come on you know what I mean. Jaxonville is a million miles away culturally from northern NJ and much much more familiar to what Lawrence grew up in. That’s what I was getting at.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ruby2 said:

Haha come on you know what I mean. Jaxonville is a million miles away cultural from northern NJ and much much more familiar to what Lawrence grew up in. That’s what I was getting at.

I know, I’m just laughing at the idea of anyone enjoying Jacksonville culuture, lmao

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Jetstream said:

Why is it generally ok to slander the Jets when it comes to Trevor Lawrence with many media types coming out publicly to pile onto the Jets saying Trevor should never come here.  But all will be ok with Trevor going to the Jags?  Why would it not be possible that Trevor could say he doesn't want to go to Jacksonville?  We can hold out hope, can't we :(

No state income tax

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jj71787 said:

Was about to say this. Also, the jags have an easier up swing. I say this being an annoyed fan for years and watch them rebuild after rebuild only to fail, and other teams become better. 

They have also had a tad more success than the Jets the past couple of years and are not mocked by the National media’s as much as the Jets have been. (Butt fumble anyone)

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

They have also had a tad more success than the Jets the past couple of years and are not mocked by the National media’s as much as the Jets have been. (Butt fumble anyone)

Exactly. Other things come into factor, does he want to stay near his family, does he like cold or warmer weather. Everyone said he could pull an Eli. What if he pulls an Eli to play in NY? Far fetched but just saying

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jacksonville is a better fit for Lawrence.  SEC country (he played HS ball in Georgia) and a lower profile environment.  

If I'm TL I'm celebrating today.  

Yep in his last interview he said he prefers not to live where it’s cold. Not everyone is Dorothy trying to get to The Emerald City. Some people prefer a slower, less pressure style of living.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I simply cannot see him refusing to play for Jacksonville (not saying they're some elite franchise with a storied history) as  they've already fired their GM and I doubt the owner keeps their head coach once the season ends, so the opening will be an attractive one. They have a ton of draft capital to build around him and they seem to have found something in rookie rb James Robinson, and as an added bonus no state income tax and closer to his GA home. I know it may be tough for some to understand but not everyone likes and want to live in NY/area. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...