Dak Prescott?

Integrity28

Not trying to melodramatic. Lots of other threads for that. Just imagine a scenario, where our OFFENSIVE FA class looks like this:

QB1 Dak Prescott

OG Joe Thuney / Brandon Scherff

WR Chris Godwin

C Corey Linsley

OT Alejandro Villanueva 

TE Gerald Everett

It opens the door for us to build in the first couple rounds. Drop back a few spots, and maybe walk away with WR, CB, EDGE and OG/C in the first 2 rounds.

So now, our starting lineup looks like this:

QB Dak

OL: Beckton, Thuney, Linsley, one of our current guards, Villanueva

WR: Godwin, Jamar Chase, Mims, Crowder

TE: Pitts, Everett

RB: Najee Harris, whoever else 

This is a pipe dream, but parts of it are do-able. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

If we do then I’d also get Sewell for sure. I think he’s head and shoulders above the rest at #2 and if you’re going in this direction you might as well try and build a legitimately great line that could dominate for years.

Prescott is a tough one to evaluate. I had thought of him as pretty overrated until I seen the Cowboys without him. You’ll have to overpay him but he’s the only guy I could see potentially elevating us to a playoff contender.

2 minutes ago, PS17 said:

I like Dak but he’s a tough sell at $35 million+. But we have to have the discussion if we don’t get Lawrence. 

He is going to want north of that, he had a real bad ankle, and when you watch him he always leaves some plays out there.

Even cowboy fans don't think he's worth it.  (I live out here)

Just now, chirorob said:

He is going to want north of that, he had a real bad ankle, and when you watch him he always leaves some plays out there.

Even cowboy fans don't think he's worth it.  (I live out here)

I agree, he’s not worth what he WAS looking for... but, I kind of went thru this exercise assuming his number will come done as reality sets in.

17 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Remember the days the Board was saying man we'll never get a chance to draft a player him hell some even said that about Tebow.. LOL

Actually I was one of the ones that thought that Winston was going to be the next great one.  LOL.  Guess that's why I do what I do which isn't an NFL GM.  :) 

40 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Not trying to melodramatic. Lots of other threads for that. Just imagine a scenario, where our OFFENSIVE FA class looks like this:

QB1 Dak Prescott

OG Joe Thuney / Brandon Scherff

WR Chris Godwin

C Corey Linsley

OT Alejandro Villanueva 

TE Gerald Everett

It opens the door for us to build in the first couple rounds. Drop back a few spots, and maybe walk away with WR, CB, EDGE and OG/C in the first 2 rounds.

So now, our starting lineup looks like this:

QB Dak

OL: Beckton, Thuney, Linsley, one of our current guards, Villanueva

WR: Godwin, Jamar Chase, Mims, Crowder

TE: Pitts, Everett

RB: Najee Harris, whoever else 

This is a pipe dream, but parts of it are do-able. 

No