Draft Sewell, double down in the 2nd on OG/OC, build a monster o-line and a killer run game

freestater

Sewell is even better than Becton. Dude is generational. Two potential HOF tackles. Just take him and build the wall of Gibraltar. He’s a LT so let them fight it out and see who goes to RT.  Sign Winston. Not a terrible idea. He’d be fun to watch slinging it.  Keep improving the roster for a few years and then sign the next FA QB you can once the roster has been vastly improved.  Keep looking for a diamond in the rough QB prospect in the draft. At this point, it’s the best you can do since we just missed out on the next Joe Willie Namath. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

If we don't take a QB and stay at two I think Sewell is a no brainer. Having an absolute monster offensive line has worked out for teams like the Cowboys and Eagles in recent years and has been a hallmark of every good Jets team I've ever seen.

Love the monster oline but we need a great guard ad center more than another tackle imo.  I would not be upset with Sewel however.

15 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

We sign Thuney and draft Sewell? Would be a ridiculous offensive line. Maybe Sam can put it all together and be successful 

I'm going to trust guys like Jimmy Johnson who think Sam has the talent to put it together with the right coach.

Bring in Authur Smith to coach & bring that Titans playaction offense that would greatly help Sam be more comfortable. 

Sign Lindsey to play center & resign Eiflen & keep him at LG. Draft Sewell & move Becton to RT. This saves a lot of money not having to overpay a Guard like Thuney or Scherff. 

With the Seattle pick take the best offensive player available at WR or TE, D.Smith? With the #33 trade back so you can take best RB available (Najee Harris?). Sewell- Eiflien- Lindsey- McGovern- Becton. 

Now just imagine you had 100 million & in my scenario you have all of that money to get a WR & fix your defense because you only signed Lindsey the veteran Center & completed your Oline with Sewell (And created probably a top 3 Oline in the entire league & young too). 

• Thumb Down 1

27 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Love the monster oline but we need a great guard ad center more than another tackle imo.  I would not be upset with Sewel however.

I agree but you are't taking a guard or center in the top ten. You take Sewell and then maybe double dip with the Seattle pick or the top of the 2nd -- maybe grab the G from Tennessee or the C from Oklahoma or Iowa.

• Upvote 1

On 12/20/2020 at 9:38 PM, jetstream23 said:

Is Sewell a RT?  Who on Earth would use a #2 on a RT unless you already had a left-handed franchise QB?  If Sewell plays LT then are we moving Becton who has looked Pro Bowl caliber at LT?  Seems dumb.

Why not trade down, take TE Kyle Pitts or a WR like Chase, then get a really good RT later?

This is pretty much what Cimini said today on his pod.  He’s skeptical that Douglas would value a RT so high as to take one at number 2.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Jetster said:

I but you replace Braxton Barrios with Devonta Smith & he makes that catch in the endzone & this game is even tougher on the Rams & Sam ends up with 240 yards & 2 TDs with no turnovers. 

Funny you say this because the same thought crossed my mind when Berrios just missed catching that pass in the end zone.  An elite WR like Smith makes that catch and suddenly the narrative of Sam’s performance changes from good game management to great QB play.  So I’m all for trading back and grabbing Smith (plus I’d hate to see him on the Fins).

30 minutes ago, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

This is pretty much what Cimini said today on his pod.  He’s skeptical that Douglas would value a RT so high as to take one at number 2.

Only way that makes sense is drafting Sewell to play him at LT (he's projected at LT, not RT), and moving Becton to RT. It'd almost be like you drafted Becton at 11 to be your future RT lol. Not really a bad scenario if the Jets don't get the #1 pick or can't trade back. 

On 12/20/2020 at 10:40 PM, sirlancemehlot said:

If you can draft a 12 year stud at RT to play bookend to your stud LT then why wouldn't you?  Think of the high 1st rounders that we took that are not contributing to this current team. Draft the stud tackle, grab Scherff on FA.  then use your picks on weapons and corners. That's a huge leap forward in one off season. If Lawrence is gone, invest in Sam and lets see what a new coach can do for him. He was a top first rounder once too, if you remember. 

Good plan but Sam can go fish.  Trade Sam, sign Winston. Black QB's matter.  He's matured and hungry and has 2x the arm strength. Could he possibly make any more mistakes than Darnold? Don't think so.

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Wonderboy said:

Good plan but Sam can go fish.  Trade Sam, sign Winston. Black QB's matter.  He's matured and hungry and has 2x the arm strength. Could he possibly make any more mistakes than Darnold? Don't think so.

He was a 5th year player making rookie mistakes with 30 INTs last year...

Sam Darnold also isn't a rapist. Sam never stood up in a classroom and screamed FK HER RIGHT IN THE PUSSY (he believes he has the right to just TAKE IT from a girl he's sick and disgusting). Sam never licked his freaking fingers inside a huddle and embarrassed himself. 

3 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Sam Darnold also isn't a rapist. Sam never stood up in a classroom and screamed FK HER RIGHT IN THE PUSSY (he believes he has the right to just TAKE IT from a girl he's sick and disgusting). Sam never licked his freaking fingers inside a huddle and embarrassed himself. 

I forgot he has a fish fetish.

5 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

I forgot he has a fish fetish.

He raped that girl too in college. At first I believed he could've been a target from a money hungry broad. But then? After already been accused of rape? He actually gets on a table in the middle of an FSU classroom and screams FK HER RIGHT IN THE PUSSY?!? Nah. Right then and there I realised he did it. He raped that innocent girl. His mind is sexually messed up and he feels like he can just TAKE IT because he's "famous Jameis". Nah. I wouldn't want this punk anywhere near our locker room fk him. 

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He raped that girl too in college. At first I believed he could've been a target from a money hungry broad. But then? After already been accused of rape? He actually gets on a table in the middle of an FSU classroom and screams FK HER RIGHT IN THE PUSSY?!? Nah. Right then and there I realised he did it. He raped that innocent girl. His mind is sexually messed up and he feels like he can just TAKE IT because he's "famous Jameis". Nah. I wouldn't want this punk anywhere near our locker room fk him. 

Well, when you put it so eloquently, I concur. Thanks for the insight. 

8 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Sewell is even better than Becton. Dude is generational. Two potential HOF tackles. Just take him and build the wall of Gibraltar. He’s a LT so let them fight it out and see who goes to RT.  Sign Winston. Not a terrible idea. He’d be fun to watch slinging it.  Keep improving the roster for a few years and then sign the next FA QB you can once the roster has been vastly improved.  Keep looking for a diamond in the rough QB prospect in the draft. At this point, it’s the best you can do since we just missed out on the next Joe Willie Namath. 

Draft Sewell and sign Thuney or Scherff

Jets will have the best offensive line in the NFL next 5+ years

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You do realize that Erica Kinsman’s story has been debunked by both eyewitnesses and photo evidence?  That’s why the cops didn’t charge Winston

46C2091A-DDCA-492E-AE67-180EB7ADB4D9.jpeg

• WTF? 1

8 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Even if Sewell is better I'd probably keep Becton at LT - You'd likely just alienate Becton by moving him after an amazing rookie season.

The difference between LT and RT is extremely overstated to begin. You need two good ones. 

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Even if Sewell is better I'd probably keep Becton at LT - You'd likely just alienate Becton by moving him after an amazing rookie season.

The difference between LT and RT is extremely overstated to begin. You need two good ones. 

But wouldn’t it be poetic justice if the Jets won and took themselves out it the running for Trevor and the first pick, only to have Becton tell fans that they aren’t real fans when rooting for losses, and then get moved over to RT.

I think it would be hilarious and he would learn quickly why draft position matters. Now his team’s future looks bleak so I hope he enjoys all the sub .500 seasons that he is about to endure. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

But wouldn’t it be poetic justice if the Jets won and took themselves out it the running for Trevor and the first pick, only to have Becton tell fans that they aren’t real fans when rooting for losses, and then get moved over to RT.

I think it would be hilarious and he would learn quickly why draft position matters. Now his team’s future looks bleak so I hope he enjoys all the sub .500 seasons that he is about to endure. 

I don't blame Becton. This will mean everything to the players. They've avoided the historic embarrassment.

Ironically it's the reverse. It's the players who obviously aren't real fans. And I don't expect them to be. 

Just now, Irish Jet said:

I don't blame Becton. This will mean everything to the players. They've avoided the historic embarrassment.

Ironically it's the reverse. It's the players who obviously aren't real fans. And I don't expect them to be. 

I’m not mad at Becton. It would just be funny to me if this happened and “blew up” in his face while strengthening the OL which is at least some sort of positive. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

The best edge rushers usually line up at LDE anyway

7 hours ago, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

This is the problem with the draft. We have f*cking 9 picks already so we’re going to pass on lineman who has HOF pedigree? Bosa wanted nothing to do with Becton so he swapped sides. 
We have Seattle’s #1 & every mock you look at there is a stud offensive player in that area 19-24. Maybe it will depend on that pick ends up being? 
We have done nothing here but bitch about how bad the Oline is for 10 years + 3/4 of the season this year. This is a 2 year rebuild now with 9 picks next year. You build the best Oline in the league & you might be able to have a decent veteran WANT to come here while you groom a young QB. 
Our 2009, 2010 Oline carried a very poor inexperienced QB to 2 AFCCGs. 

8 hours ago, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

Funny you say this because the same thought crossed my mind when Berrios just missed catching that pass in the end zone.  An elite WR like Smith makes that catch and suddenly the narrative of Sam’s performance changes from good game management to great QB play.  So I’m all for trading back and grabbing Smith (plus I’d hate to see him on the Fins).

I’m quoting myself here to keep this in context, but Orlosky makes the same point here:

https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/status/1341071070405734400?s=10

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Draft Sewell and sign Thuney or Scherff

Jets will have the best offensive line in the NFL next 5+ years

Add Josh Myers- center from OSU and Fele the 400 pound Bigfoot and play him at Guard

Becton McGovern Myers Fele Sewell 

Where’s the Beef!

It's certainly gotten more complicated, hasn't it?

I was on the Sewell band wagon.  The argument that using a #2 overall for a right tackle is not the best use of the asset is a good one.  There's also an argument that whichever man plays RT will not be happy because of the earning difference between a LT and RT.  That puts you in the trade down scenario as the best option.

Our need at OLB and CB is clear, but this draft should be about the O.  Stock the OL.  WR is critical.  I hear the calls for taking a TE high, but I've never recovered from Anthony Becht.  I just can't bring myself to take a TE that early.