A few things -- tons of reported posts -- important

Maxman

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

The thing is, we can not ban people for rooting for the Jets on a Jets site. I know 2020 is like no other, but I have really seen it all. People are reporting posts, people are attacking people who are happy the Jets won.

The thing is, we can not ban people for rooting for the Jets on a Jets site. I know 2020 is like no other, but I have really seen it all.  

Really? That’s going to far. I just suggested kidnapping and sending them to Siberia. 

People are reporting posts, people are attacking people who are happy the Jets won.

Guilty. But don’t you think they deserve it. 50 years of this crap and we have the chance to rise out of the abyss only to lose that chance and have some fans cheer like they just won the Super Bowl. Mind boggling. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

. So just like we discussed trading out, now we can start hundreds of threads debating whether or not we trade up lol...

i cant wait for those stupid posts. LOL

like Jax doesnt think Trevor is as good as we do there just going to trade the pick to us...SMH

now Maxman should post warning people they get a lifetime ban if they post a ridiculous trade like that includes Jax trading there #1 to us...FOR ANY REASON!!!

12 hours ago, Maxman said:

I have written this in a few threads but apparently I need to spell it out again. I understand the frustration that this season is bringing all of us. The win today is not something I personally wanted. I am not a pro-tank person. Usually we are looking at the last two games of the year and losing would move the Jets from spot 9 to 6 (I am making up the numbers). In those cases I believe that it is in the best interest to win, rooting for players that will be on the team to play well is good.

Agreed, that is not the situation the Jets are in this year. So I wanted 0 and 16 myself. I totally get it. Trevor Lawrence was the goal and with two weeks left he still is the goal.

The thing is, we can not ban people for rooting for the Jets on a Jets site. I know 2020 is like no other, but I have really seen it all. People are reporting posts, people are attacking people who are happy the Jets won.

YES, the draft position. I know. I agree with you. But for the love of all that is holy, please know that we can't ban people for rooting for the Jets on a Jets site.

That is all. Oh well, except, kindly stop personally attacking each other.

Thanks.

I want the Jets to get the #1 draft pick, and I also root for the Jets to win.

I understand that both can't happen, but that is where I am at.

I heard a Jets player yesterday (dont remember who said it) say that if you're rooting for the Jets to lose, then you aren't a real fan.

I would have to believe that most Jets players who work hard and practice hard and are trying to win games, would like to believe that Jets fans are rooting for their favorite team to win.

I am not only rooting for the team to win, I am also rooting for the players to play well and beat their individual match-ups, so that they can grow as players and be good for the future.

If I were to be banned for rooting for the Jets, then this would be a site that I would want nothing to do with anyway.  

Thankfully, we have a guy who is intelligent and "gets it!" who owns and manages this fantastic site!

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Krappedetector said:

I'm glad they won, but the season is NOT OVER YET.

The team could still get pick #1.

Why do Jet's fans lose heart and give up so easily?

you mean theres a worst franchise than us?

first time all year Jax has the #1 pick with 2 games left i would expect them to throw these games.

On 12/20/2020 at 9:54 PM, Maxman said:

I have written this in a few threads but apparently I need to spell it out again. I understand the frustration that this season is bringing all of us. The win today is not something I personally wanted. I am not a pro-tank person. Usually we are looking at the last two games of the year and losing would move the Jets from spot 9 to 6 (I am making up the numbers). In those cases I believe that it is in the best interest to win, rooting for players that will be on the team to play well is good.

Agreed, that is not the situation the Jets are in this year. So I wanted 0 and 16 myself. I totally get it. Trevor Lawrence was the goal and with two weeks left he still is the goal.

YES, the draft position. I know. I agree with you. But for the love of all that is holy, please know that we can't ban people for rooting for the Jets on a Jets site.

That is all. Oh well, except, kindly stop personally attacking each other.

Thanks.

Dude - it's like the cops I manage at work. Every rule and policy you put in place apparently has an implied expiration date when everyone can go back to doing what they're not supposed to. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

Dude - it's like the cops I manage at work. Every rule and policy you put in place apparently has an implied expiration date when everyone can go back to doing what they're not supposed to. 

Years ago we were having problems on the site. People were out of control. I get a message from @T0mShane and it says:

Go away for the weekend. Tell GOB to do what needs to be done. Check the board on Monday, it will all be fixed.

Still cracks me up!  :)

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

I am happy were we are.

What are we losing by winning?

What are we losing by losing?

The trend is, if this era of Jets front office like the player, the "Meh" potential is fairly high otherwise we would not be in this situation year after year.....maybe being #2 is saving the Jets from the Jets......hehe

Really no use going at one another. Trev has not played a NFL snap. He is an unknown. Haskins, yes Haskins threw 50 TDs in college. Burrow was suppose to be the guy, but Justin is. Baker was supposed to be the guy, but Lamar is 4-1 against him and the MVP. Things rarely go how draft experts say....

We good folks. We good.

1 minute ago, GothamLurker said:

I am happy were we are.

What are we losing by winning?

What are we losing by losing?

The trend is, if this era of Jets front office like the player, the "Meh" potential is fairly high otherwise we would not be in this situation year after year.....hehe

Really no use going at one another. Trev has not played a NFL snap. He is an unknown. Haskins, yes Haskins threw 50 TDs in college. Burrow was suppose to be the guy, but Justin is. Baker was supposed to be the guy, but Lamar is 4-1 against him and the MVP. Things rarely go how draft experts say....

We good folks. We good.

What in the....