If Jets win out... does Gase stay?

Jet hustle

The concerns I have here are:

1.  If (as seems likely) Sam is the QB next season, it might make sense to not make Sam's do-or-die season yet another season with a new coach.  

2.  Look at the cap space left over this season.  The Jets usually spend.  Not this year though.  Why?  ...  Perhaps they realized this "covid" year was a waste.  Maybe they didn't expect Gase to win much?

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

The concerns I have here are:

1.  If (as seems likely) Sam is the QB next season, it might make sense to not make Sam's do-or-die season yet another season with a new coach.  

2.  Look at the cap space left over this season.  The Jets usually spend.  Not this year though.  Why?  ...  Perhaps they realized this "covid" year was a waste.  Maybe they didn't expect Gase to win much?

Point 1. Is my fear

3 minutes ago, Icer said:

I kind of wish he does so I can write this team off and take a break from watching their sorry ass and investing any emotional attachment into them

Honestly, I'd seriously have to consider giving up on this franchise if they bring back Gase.  Though I'd probably stay on this forum and vent about it!  lol

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Look on the bright side. We'll have a great shot at next season's Lawrence if Gase stays. Suck for Sam Howell (UNC)

Oh good, can’t wait to tank for the homeless man’s Baker Mayfield/Mitch Trubisky hybrid.

• Sympathy 1