Who Is Trevor Lawrence?

Tedryno

I saw multiple posts on here about, “why would anyone want to play in Jacksonville?”

”Everyone would choose NYC over Jacksonville”

”NY is so much better than Jacksonville”

”Everyone wants the bright lights”

Do you people even know who you are talking about?  Do you think this kid is from Syosset, LI?

Trevor Lawrence is from Cartersville, GA—a town of 19,000 people.

Trevor Lawrence is ENGAGED.

Trevor Lawrence is a CHRISTIAN.

This has JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA written all over it.  Sure, all of you Tri-Staters, like me, would choose NYC over Jacksonville, FL 101 times out of a hundred.  Trevor Lawrence is not us.

Trevor Lawrence, the southern kid, from a podunk town in the middle of nowhere Georgia, who is already engaged and fears the Lord—yup, this has Jacksonville written all over it.

You

Are

Wrong.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 4
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Tedryno said:

I saw multiple posts on here about, “why would anyone want to play in Jacksonville?”

Do you people even know who you are talking about?  Do you think this kid is from Syosset, LI?

This has JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA written all over it.  Sure, all of you Tri-Staters, like me, would choose NYC over Jacksonville, FL 101 times out of a hundred.  Trevor Lawrence is not us.

Trevor Lawrence, the southern kid, from a podunk town in the middle of nowhere Georgia, who is already engaged and fears the Lord—yup, this has Jacksonville written all over it.

You

Are

Wrong.

And he said in last interview he prefers not to live where it’s cold

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

My expectation was always that the Jets would get him, he'd be great, and then in year 3 he'd reveal that god called him to do mission work in Honduras, and that's the last we'd ever hear from him.

That’s exactly right.

We DODGED A BULLET today. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Tedryno said:

You

Are

Wrong.

Errrrrrrrr..........

This thread has the right idea 

Rather than drafting guys who would hate life here every day they need to build a culture then find guys who fit it 

This idea that TL would be miserable in ny is plausible 

We watched it happen to Sam. And TL seems like even worse of a fit 

And If you don't believe culture fit matters, look at what happened to Wentz in Philly 

This thread has the right idea 
Rather than drafting guys who would hate life here every day they need to build a culture then find guys who fit it 

This idea that TL would be miserable in ny is plausible 
We watched it happen to Sam. And TL seems like even worse of a fit 
And If you don't believe culture fit matters, look at what happened to Wentz in Philly 

I mean it was one of the few things that worried me about TL...there is a little bit of a trying to make Randy Johnson a Yankee vibe even though TL doesn’t seem to be nearly as much of an a-hole.

But OP’s post acts like he is breaking news on this kid that nobody ever knew. Fuggouttahere!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

I mean it was one of the few things that worried me about TL...there is a little bit of a trying to make Randy Johnson a Yankee vibe even though TL doesn’t seem to be nearly as much of an a-hole.

But OP’s post acts like he is breaking news on this kid that nobody ever knew. Fuggouttahere!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

OP is sharing a perspective that most Jets fans don't consider 

Jeff weaver was another example 

I suspect Denzel mims is this dude as well 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Tedryno said:

You

Are

Wrong.

Agree with this.  Jacksonville is full of his peeps.  It’s actually more of a South Georgia city than one in Florida.  In many ways it’s a better landing spot for him.

4 hours ago, usanyj said:

Wait, so the argument here is that he is getting married and goes to church so he can’t play in NY. Man, for one of the most liberal states in the country that’s not very progressive and welcoming of all. I’m surprised.

It's not that he can't, but its not a good fit for him. 

NYers are jaded, over-worked scumbags, they won't sympathize with his failures and they won't celebrate his successes. You've seen how this forum behaves most days of the year. NYers are more realistic and selfish, and less idealistic and communal. Lawrence will notice this from day 1; through his interactions with ownership, fans, media, and general public. He'll immediately notice fewer smiles.

Clemson was a bubble for this kid. He was protected. To play well in NY; you gotta have thick skin, you've gotta be fiercely competitive and comfortable in the spotlight. Not saying he doesn't have the character, but we'll have see it first. There's a reason why Darnold, Sanchez, and Pennington couldn't hack it; none of them were bad QBs to start with. 

Liberals and bible bashers are two sides of the same coin, btw. Tribalists showcasing a strong sense of moral authority. Both annoying as ****. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1