Maxman - please tell me today was the record for most posts ever

15 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It would be so fitting for this franchise if the "high point" on the forum is this win.

I just looked we are closing in on 5,000 posts for the day. Before 2020 started that would have been the all time high. In 2020 we had several crazy busy days, I think the all time high now is over 6,500.

I would have to look back but today is top 5 busiest days.  I think if the Jets played at 1pm today the record would have been within reach.

If the Jags lose either of the next two weeks, the record will fall.

• Haha 1

Just now, Maxman said:

No that is what jets insider uses and we were able to read their mod forum, going to pass on that.  (semi true story actually).

Wouldn't it be crazy if:

1. We had access to the jets insider mod forum during the height of the forum cold war

2. We ran a covert operation at 3am to take screen shots of mod forum posts from our competitor

3. This was all "legal" because it wasn't a hack, instead a webmaster gave us access that we never asked for

4. We knew what they were saying about us and what they were planning to do (and how mad they were that we were the top forum a spot which they previously held)

5. All this fell apart because someone did a google search and they figured it out after seeing our screen prints

6. The crazy one would be if the person that did that later become one of our best posters here

Oh wait, all that is actually true.  Names removed to protect the guilty.  :)

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Wouldn't it be crazy if:

1. We had access to the jets insider mod forum during the height of the forum cold war

2. We ran a covert operation at 3am to take screen shots of mod forum posts from our competitor

3. This was all "legal" because it wasn't a hack, instead a webmaster gave us access that we never asked for

4. We knew what they were saying about us and what they were planning to do (and how mad they were that we were the top forum a spot which they previously held)

5. All this fell apart because someone did a google search and they figured it out after seeing our screen prints

6. The crazy one would be if the person that did that later become one of our best posters here

Oh wait, all that is actually true.  Names removed to protect the guilty.  :)

You're really going to tease this info and never tell us?

• Upvote 1

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

You're really going to tease this info and never tell us?

The person will see it. I will let them decide if they want to chime in.

What I can tell is that it was @BP who had access to the ji mod forum. He was a mod here and they tried banning him over there. When they went to ban him the accidently gave him mod rights. I am 100% not joking.

We checked what times all their mods were on the site. We figured there was a window around 3am where no mods were online. BP gave us his login and we would take shifts logging in and screen printing things.

It was a highly evolved operation.

I don't want to sound like Adam Gase:  BUT MY PLAY CALLING WAS EXCELLENT. If they would have just executed we never would have been found out.

:)

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

What I can tell is that it was @BP who had access to the ji mod forum. He was a mod here and they tried banning him over there. When they went to ban him the accidently gave him mod rights. I am 100% not joking.

We checked what times all their mods were on the site. We figured there was a window around 3am where no mods were online. BP gave us his login and we would take shifts logging in and screen printing things.

I don't want to sound like Adam Gase:  BUT MY PLAY CALLING WAS EXCELLENT. If they would have just executed we never would have been found out.

That is a stunning level of incompetence.  Don't tell the Johnson Family who was in charge of this maneuver or they might hire him as our next HC.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I just looked we are closing in on 5,000 posts for the day. Before 2020 started that would have been the all time high. In 2020 we had several crazy busy days, I think the all time high now is over 6,500.

I would have to look back but today is top 5 busiest days.  I think if the Jets played at 1pm today the record would have been within reach.

Draft day will be a monster when it comes.

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

It was gold until the imageshack privacy settings didn’t take. That’s the story as I choose to remember it. 

In the end what probably did them in wasn't even that so much as inadvertently Google-optimizing the screen shot filenames lol. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The record is safe. Did you see the last 2 games the Jags played? Wow they are worse than we are. Or, They have perfected the tank. A HS team could beat them. And they play the Bears, who are hot with playoffs in sight and a revitalized Trubisky. Then the Colts who are fighting for the division title. It’s over. The TL dream is  over for Jets fans. 

26 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

The record is safe. Did you see the last 2 games the Jags played? Wow they are worse than we are. Or, They have perfected the tank. A HS team could beat them. And they play the Bears, who are hot with playoffs in sight and a revitalized Trubisky. Then the Colts who are fighting for the division title. It’s over. The TL dream is  over for Jets fans. 

The Jets lost 40 to 3 last week. Anything can happen.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Hahahaha ok I’ll tell the full unedited story. October 2007 I was on JI browsing and saw the stoolsprayer going Gaga over Kate and begging her to come to 16h to kneel and kiss his ring. I told Kate that we were having our Harley JN tailgate combined with Tony siragusa tailgate (greatest tailgate ever). So being I’m cooler than stool Kate hung out at our tailgate with her hubby and had a blast and never made it over to 16h (which was all the way on the other side of the parking lot). 

So the Monday after the game I try posting something on JI and my post wouldn’t post and I’d get a notification that my post had to be reviewed by a moderator first (double secret probation). So I just laughed and then I realized I could see their moderator forum. So I run back to our mod forum and I’m like “hey, numb nuts gave me access to his moderator forum”Max is like “yeah, right. Post a screen shot” so I post a screen shot and our entire mod forum blew up. We made the decision at 3am to do recon because buzzsaw lives in california. Never seen the JN mod forum that busy before at 4 in the morning.

@Sperm Edwards makes a photobucket account called “jetsmole” ? but doesn’t make it private. @TeddEY does a google search and finds the screen shots and tells buzzsaw. Then I get banned and the game was up by February 2008.

funny part is that @Maxmancreated a fake mod forum for April fools 2008 and granted posters access to it. That night stool signed up here and trolled and we redirected his IP addy to ihop.com

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, BP said:

Hahahaha ok I’ll tell the full unedited story. October 2007 I was on JI browsing and saw the stoolsprayer going Gaga over Kate and begging her to come to 16h to kneel and kiss his ring. I told Kate that we were having our Harley JN tailgate combined with Tony siragusa tailgate (greatest tailgate ever). So being I’m cooler than stool Kate hung out at our tailgate with her hubby and had a blast and never made it over to 16h (which was all the way on the other side of the parking lot). 

So the Monday after the game I try posting something on JI and my post wouldn’t post and I’d get a notification that my post had to be reviewed by a moderator first (double secret probation). So I just laughed and then I realized I could see their moderator forum. So I run back to our mod forum and I’m like “hey, numb nuts gave me access to his moderator forum”Max is like “yeah, right. Post a screen shot” so I post a screen shot and our entire mod forum blew up. We made the decision at 3am to do recon because buzzsaw lives in california. Never seen the JN mod forum that busy before at 4 in the morning.

@Sperm Edwards makes a photobucket account called “jetsmole” ? but doesn’t make it private. @TeddEY does a google search and finds the screen shots and tells buzzsaw. Then I get banned and the game was up by February 2008.

funny part is that @Maxmancreated a fake mod forum for April fools 2008 and granted posters access to it. That night stool signed up here and trolled and we redirected his IP addy to ihop.com

This is great. I forgot the original part (why you were banned). This is all true. 

To recap this in Get Smart terms:

He fell for the old, invite the female poster to a better tailgate and then accidently give him full forum access when trying to ban him trick.  :)

I have the old screen prints, I should check them out and see if there is anything worth posting.

• Haha 1

On 12/20/2020 at 10:43 PM, Maxman said:

Right now 6 busiest day of all time. Could end up top 3, waiting for the mail in posts.

Actually this will sound shady because I made the mail in post joke but I looked again and yesterday was the 4th busiest day of all time.

Every day has been in 2020.

KEEP ADAM Gase. Hey @SAR I am I right, or am I right?  :)

• Post of the Week 1

On 12/20/2020 at 10:43 PM, Maxman said:

Right now 6 busiest day of all time. Could end up top 3, waiting for the mail in posts.

Do the 6 days stick out as anything particularly big happening? AFCC, signing Favre, etc? It would be ironic if the busiest days in the history of the site are pandemic boredom induced posts about Adam Gase's eyes. 

7 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Actually this will sound shady because I made the mail in post joke but I looked again and yesterday was the 4th busiest day of all time.

Every day has been in 2020.

KEEP ADAM Gase. Hey @SAR I am I right, or am I right?  :)

I hope your servers have fully charged AC and powerful fans.  Adam Gase Stays Day is going to bring down the house.  

SAR I

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I hope your servers have fully charged AC and powerful fans.  Adam Gase Stays Day is going to bring down the house.  

SAR I

No joke, I pray it will never happen but the Jets winning the last few games, CJ coming into the locker room Idzik style and saying Gase is his guy....things would explode.

31 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Do the 6 days stick out as anything particularly big happening? AFCC, signing Favre, etc? It would be ironic if the busiest days in the history of the site are pandemic boredom induced posts about Adam Gase's eyes. 

Here are the top 10 forum days of all time. If I looked up page views for the site it would closely align but there was a day when the Jets signed Michael Vick that stood out. I don't remember if that is one of the top days below, I don't think it was. But we had an article on the front page, and it blew up on Facebook. It got shared a crazy amount of times and everyone read the article. Not sure if the reaction was as divided in the forums as on Facebook but I don't think it was.

1. 6555 04/24/20

2. 5533 04/23/20

3. 5405 09/20/20

4. 5094 12/20/20

5. 5055 09/13/20

6. 4969 10/01/20

7. 4838 03/12/19

8. 4643 04/26/19

9. 4555 03/23/18

10. 4551 12/30/18

Just now, SAR I said:

smirkmask.gif

SAR I

Gase wasn't who I would have picked. I gave him a shot, I wanted to like him. 

Rude to the media? No problem.

Tough on players? Okay, they seem to play hard so I am good with that.

But, it's all the losing for me.  LOL.

7 minutes ago, Maxman said:

No joke, I pray it will never happen but the Jets winning the last few games, CJ coming into the locker room Idzik style and saying Gase is his guy....things would explode.

How many posts would you really expect in such a scenario where every single word written for the hours that followed would be undoubtedly censored out?

If anything, the record of bans in a day would probably get shattered in that case.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Gase wasn't who I would have picked. I gave him a shot, I wanted to like him. 

Rude to the media? No problem.

Tough on players? Okay, they seem to play hard so I am good with that.

But, it's all the losing for me.  LOL.

The losing was inevitable with this Idzik/Maccagnan masterwork.  Never seen such bad luck with injuries.  Very little of it in Gase's control.

It's not that I love Gase; it's that I know whoever his replacement will be is going to suck as we're not in any position to upgrade.  Better to stick with the devil you know as they say.

SAR I