What if Trevor Lawrence isn’t a stud pro?

11 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Facial hair.

Meh he’s young. I once had a mullet. Business in front / party in the back, baby!

Becton can sit on him while someone else shaves that crap off or tattoos the rest of his face in a beard pattern so you can’t notice the patch. Either way, problem solved. 

But can he throw a football & read a defense or is it smoke and mirrors?

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

What if he’s just a kinda talented player in an ultra comfy spot?

I’m not saying he will suck or anything (unless we draft him lol). Just that if this was the identical situation 3 years prior, people would be just as apoplectic about blowing it & missing out on sure thing Sam Darnold “the best prospect since Andrew Luck” & stuff. Suck for Sam, remember?

No I wasn’t rooting for a Jets win today. But put aside the final draft order isn’t set yet — until the dust settles in a year or two it’s not known that he’s the best QB in this draft, or even second best for that matter, regardless of whether he’s taken 1st overall in April. 

Every Jets fan the moment we realized we just screwed ourselves out of a franchise QB began their own personal steps of grief. 

You, my friend, are in step 1

Denial- Maybe Lawrence isn't even so good. Maybe we got lucky. 

Check back in when you join me in step 2, Anger. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

They’ve been out scored 413 to 206. Their opponents have literally averaged twice as many points as they have. It’s by far the worst point differential in the NFL this year. If this season hasn’t been “1st overall pick bad” I’m curious what kind of atrocity they’d have to put on the field to earn the 1st pick.

This has been bothering me for the past month or so. It really is ****ed up that we would have had to go winless to get the top pick—that one single win has basically torpedoed any hope we might have had. Cincinnati won twice last year and got the top pick, and Arizona won three times and got it the year before that. I know this is a whiny thing to say, but it really is just terribly unfair.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

This has been bothering me for the past month or so. It really is ****ed up that we would have had to go winless to get the top pick—that one single win has basically torpedoed any hope we might have had. Cincinnati won twice last year and got the top pick, and Arizona won three times and got it the year before that. I know this is a whiny thing to say, but it really is just terribly unfair.

Terribly unfair is the working definition of being a Jetfan. 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Meh he’s young. I once had a mullet. Business in front / party in the back, baby!

Becton can sit on him while someone else shaves that crap off or tattoos the rest of his face in a beard pattern so you can’t notice the patch. Either way, problem solved. 

But can he throw a football & read a defense or is it smoke and mirrors?

I actually keep looking at what he’s done and the knock is essentially that he’s not super mobile. But at the same time looking at the full game film he didn’t seem like a statue to me. He’s just not Lawrence or fields or any of these recent athletic QBs. That said idk when that became a prerequisite to play QB. I mean Peyton and Brady weren’t exactly running the option. He’s throwback in that sense. If we don’t get Lawrence he’s my hedge at the top of the second or with the Seattle pick depending on how his stock changes. 

22 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Agreed.  Sam was given a terrible situation unlike Allen or Mayfield.  When you have terrible coaching, protection, and weapons It’s very tough to succeed.  Now Dam has issues he needs to fix but they can be fixed with a better coach and supporting cast 

Darnold is the 5th best QB in the AFCE. What other evidence do you need?

26 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Agreed.  Sam was given a terrible situation unlike Allen or Mayfield.  When you have terrible coaching, protection, and weapons It’s very tough to succeed.  Now Dam has issues he needs to fix but they can be fixed with a better coach and supporting cast 

No. They can’t. The problems with Sam Darnold cannot be fixed with a new scheme or playing for a whole new team. He’s thrown 5 touchdowns. In 10 games. It’s a sunk cost at this point, but he’s a reclamation project for some other team. Jets should move on. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

No. They can’t. The problems with Sam Darnold cannot be fixed with a new scheme or playing for a whole new team. He’s thrown 5 touchdowns. In 10 games. It’s a sunk cost at this point, but he’s a reclamation project for some other team. Jets should move on. 

Agree to disagree but we shall see 

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

So what?  I agree this year has been rough but in the previous two years we saw a lot of flashes.  Get a decent coach in here and it will help.  Anyway agree to disagree I guess 

Flashes only count when you’re building a camp fire. Anyone getting paid $450,000 or more a year to throw a ball can flash. Consistency is key. Darnold is consistent... at being a terrible QB. There is no evidence he can be good. It’s hope and conjecture. Which is fine but let’s call it what it is.

Just now, jgb said:

Flashes only count when you’re building a camp fire. Anyone getting kid $450,000 or more a year to throw a ball can flash. Consistency is key. Darnold is consistent... at being a terrible QB. There is no evidence he can be good. It’s hope and conjecture. Which is fine but let’s call it what it is.

Thats your opinion and that’s fine.  But I stand by what I said 

1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

Could happen.  I mean we have seen players light it up in college but don’t translate it to the NFL.  

He's a Manning, Elway, Luck type prospect. They don't fail. This is why all your posts are getting attacked. We just screwed up the one player that would've turned this franchise around after 50 years of misery. We don't need your sour grapes rationalization!!

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

Just now, Jets723 said:

Thats your opinion and that’s fine.  But I stand by what I said 

I’d love for someone to convince me Darnold will be good. No one can actually say anything positive about him. It’s about his situation, his coach, his weapons or by citing outliers like Rich Gannon.

What has the player done to inspire such hope? Really, give us something here.

Just now, LockeJET said:

He's a Manning, Elway, Luck type prospect. They don't fail. This is why all your posts are getting attacked. We just screwed up the one player that would've turned this franchise around after 50 years of misery. We don't need your sour grapes rationalization!!

Calm down kiddo 

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

I’d love for someone to convince me Darnold will be good. No one can actually say anything positive about him. It’s about his situation, his coach, his weapons or by citing outliers like Rich Gannon.

What has the player done to inspire such hope? Really, give us something here.

I mean I’ve stated positives before.  But its obvious we don’t agree on this.  That’s why I said it’s better to just agree to disagree and move on.  I respect your opinion.  Anyway hope you and and your family have a happy and safe holiday.  Take Care!!!

Just now, Jets723 said:

I mean I’ve stated positives before.  But its obvious we don’t agree on this.  That’s why I said it’s better to just agree to disagree and move on.  I respect your opinion.  Anyway hope you are and your family have a happy and safe holiday.  Take Care!!!

So then you have nothing. I don’t blame you. There’s nothing there. It’s hope. Enjoy your hope until the Jets choke whatever remains of it out :) 

4 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Elways passer rating is pretty similar to Sam Darnold.

• Upvote 1

Just now, jgb said:

It wasn’t. Just assumed you were an optimist who hasn’t been beaten up by this team, yet. Good for you for keeping it rosy.

Yes I am a glass half full guy.  I have frustrations like anybody.  But being ******* miserable is a horrible way to live 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

Yes I am a glass half full guy.  I have frustrations like anybody.  But being ******* miserable is a horrible way to live 

I prefer to maintain realistic expectations so life is all upside. Oh and laugh at the absurdity of the Jets. If you ain’t laughing at this team, you just don’t get the punchline. One way or another, they will entertain me whether they want to or not!

Just now, jgb said:

I prefer to maintain realistic expectations so life is all upside. Oh and laugh at the absurdity of the Jets. It’s hilarious to me what a joke this franchise is. One way or another, they will entertain me whether they want to or not!

I think you are misinterpreting.  I am realistic.  I never painted a rosy picture.