Jump to content

What if Trevor Lawrence isn’t a stud pro?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If he doesn’t come to Jets he will be amazing and we all know it

What if he’s just a kinda talented player in an ultra comfy spot? I’m not saying he will suck or anything (unless we draft him lol). Just that if this was the identical situation 3 years prior, p

Even if Lawrence isn't the goods, the # 1 pick carried weight with it.  I truly think today's result will have a tangible, negative impact on the pool of coaches available to the Jets come January/Feb

Posted Images

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

What if he’s just a kinda talented player in an ultra comfy spot?

I’m not saying he will suck or anything (unless we draft him lol). Just that if this was the identical situation 3 years prior, people would be just as apoplectic about blowing it & missing out on sure thing Sam Darnold “the best prospect since Andrew Luck” & stuff. Suck for Sam, remember?

No I wasn’t rooting for a Jets win today. But put aside the final draft order isn’t set yet — until the dust settles in a year or two it’s not known that he’s the best QB in this draft, or even second best for that matter, regardless of whether he’s taken 1st overall in April. 

 

Yes. Darnold and Lawrence are the same because takes get recycled.

  • Confused 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

What if he’s just a kinda talented player in an ultra comfy spot?

I’m not saying he will suck or anything (unless we draft him lol). Just that if this was the identical situation 3 years prior, people would be just as apoplectic about blowing it & missing out on sure thing Sam Darnold “the best prospect since Andrew Luck” & stuff. Suck for Sam, remember?

No I wasn’t rooting for a Jets win today. But put aside the final draft order isn’t set yet — until the dust settles in a year or two it’s not known that he’s the best QB in this draft, or even second best for that matter, regardless of whether he’s taken 1st overall in April. 

 

The last Lawrence is retired and a guy taken in the 3rd round of the same draft is widely considered one of the best QB’s in all of football.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

What if he’s just a kinda talented player in an ultra comfy spot?

I’m not saying he will suck or anything (unless we draft him lol). Just that if this was the identical situation 3 years prior, people would be just as apoplectic about blowing it & missing out on sure thing Sam Darnold “the best prospect since Andrew Luck” & stuff. Suck for Sam, remember?

No I wasn’t rooting for a Jets win today. But put aside the final draft order isn’t set yet — until the dust settles in a year or two it’s not known that he’s the best QB in this draft, or even second best for that matter, regardless of whether he’s taken 1st overall in April. 

 

What if Rachel McAdams, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Emma Stone and Isla Fisher decide to come to my house and fall madly in love with me in a bold new plural marriage kinda thing?

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

The last Lawrence is retired and a guy taken in the 3rd round of the same draft is widely considered one of the best QB’s in all of football.

Kinda where I’m going with this, not that Lawrence will stink.

The 3rd and 6th QBs taken that year are among the best QBs in the league, with the latter one of the best ever. The 2nd one taken looked like the best after 1 year. The #1 guy teased his great talent for years, then dealt with injuries, committed 15 turnovers in his 8 playoff games, then retired at age 30. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

What if Rachel McAdams, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Emma Stone and Isla Fisher decide to come to house and fall madly in love with me in a bold new plural marriage kinda thing?

Call it a hunch, but I sense one of these two scenarios is more likely than the other. 😁

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Darnold was never close to the prospect Lawrence is.  That being said, Darnold is probably still better than the other guys available this year.  Might as well trade down multiple times and accumulate picks.  I wouldn’t even draft a qb this year now.  Maybe roll some of the picks to next year, in case Darnold sucks with (maybe?) the new coach.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

What if he’s just a kinda talented player in an ultra comfy spot?

I’m not saying he will suck or anything (unless we draft him lol). Just that if this was the identical situation 3 years prior, people would be just as apoplectic about blowing it & missing out on sure thing Sam Darnold “the best prospect since Andrew Luck” & stuff. Suck for Sam, remember?

No I wasn’t rooting for a Jets win today. But put aside the final draft order isn’t set yet — until the dust settles in a year or two it’s not known that he’s the best QB in this draft, or even second best for that matter, regardless of whether he’s taken 1st overall in April. 

 

Trevor Lawrence was the most likely path to me only having to watch Sam Darnold at QB for two more games.

**** Lawrence the player.  Who cares?  He probably will suck - especially with the hair, the downfield accuracy, and the jesus obsession.

But, **** this because now we may "roll with Sam," which means another year wasted and unwatchable.

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Even if Lawrence isn't the goods, the # 1 pick carried weight with it.  I truly think today's result will have a tangible, negative impact on the pool of coaches available to the Jets come January/February.  

The way the QB rankings are shaking out it seems to be Trevor and everyone else.

The way that Sam is playing this year Trevor made so much sense.

But the biggest thing that concerns me is the only thing that would make the Johnson's worth it, would be a generational QB.

You will get guys coming in on interviews telling them what they want to hear. I can win with Sam. They might not believe it but this is a multi million dollar pay day for head coaches.

What gets you a real head coach? A sure thing QB. Hopefully Jax loses one game and we go back to that situation because that is a big issue.

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I agree with you, but I think there are two reasons that I am so bummed:

1) I personally think that getting Lawrence would have given us the best chance to hit a home run at HC. 

2) This season has been beyond miserable. Easily the worst regular season of my Jets fandom. I had mentally prepared for getting the reward of the top pick as the designated prize for watching this garbage every week. I feel robbed of that. 

Yes and yes

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Trevor Lawrence was the most likely path to me only having to watch Sam Darnold at QB for two more games.

**** Lawrence the player.  Who cares?  He probably will suck - especially with the hair, the downfield accuracy, and the jesus obsession.

But, **** this because now we may "roll with Sam," which means another year wasted and unwatchable.

I don’t think that’ll happen. Won’t know for sure for some time, but I sense JD (and Gase, assuming JD values his opinion even a little, as it pertains to QB coaching) sees what we see. 

If we can see all the easy passes he’s missed they have seen them as well. 

I think JD moves him while he still may have some trade value, drafts someone else (whether at #2 or after trading down), and/or adds a veteran stopgap (whether Flacco or another). 

Admittedly it may be wishful thinking on my part, but JD can’t possibly want to watch a 3rd season as Jets GM with Darnold. He’s escaped blame for the sucky QB play thus far, but he won’t if he keeps the status quo in 2021.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I don’t think that’ll happen. Won’t know for sure for some time, but I sense JD (and Gase, assuming JD values his opinion even a little, as it pertains to QB coaching) sees what we see. 

If we can see all the easy passes he’s missed they have seen them as well. 

I think JD moves him while he still may have some trade value, drafts someone else (whether at #2 or after trading down), and/or adds a veteran stopgap (whether Flacco or another). 

Admittedly it may be wishful thinking on my part, but JD can’t possibly want to watch a 3rd season as Jets GM with Darnold. He’s escaped blame for the sucky QB play thus far, but he won’t if he keeps the status quo in 2021.

I mean, sure.  If the Jets were into doing smart things.  But, how long have you been a fan that you'd believe they'd start now?  Is this emotions talking?  Of course.  But, I liked the idea of us being in a position where we had literally no choice but to move on.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Begging your favorite team to go winless is embarrassing and ****s with your psyche. We as Jet fans hex ourselves, I get expecting to get Lawrence if Jets had the 1st pick, but the Jets should never be in that spot. They should have beat the Pats, Raiders, even the Chargers and I would be shocked if they dont beat the pats in the final week. The Jets are not 1st overall pick bad and had there been a full normal preseason and no covid optouts they would have been much more competitive throughout the year. I expected 6 - 8 wins and knew we were rebuilding around Sam. We just came to the same result in a different way. If we get two then we trade it away or take the best lineman.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TeddEY said:

I mean, sure.  If the Jets were into doing smart things.  But, how long have you been a fan that you'd believe they'd start now?  Is this emotions talking?  Of course.  But, I liked the idea of us being in a position where we had literally no choice but to move on.

I don’t disagree. 

I will have to take solace in the fact that, if he was to get drafted here, Lawrence would be a bust and/or a walking injury report where we’d still suck but won’t move on from him for years. 

Is Trask any good or do his talents end at hunting down mutants?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Could happen.  I mean we have seen players light it up in college but don’t translate it to the NFL.  

That’s because smart franchises make smart decisions and stupid franchises make stupid decisions.  Look at the successful ones, Cowboys, Steelers, Packers, Patriots, Colts, Seahawks. These teams draft well and especially at the QB position. As @joewilly12 says ‘the QB stirs the drink’. What do we have to show at the QB position? Ken O’Brien, Pennington, Todd, Geno, Sanchez, Hackenburg, Darnold PATHETIC LOL it’s just a comedy of errors and it won’t end anytime soon as long as Woody owns this team. He has ostracized this fan base and could care less. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I don’t disagree. 

I will have to take solace in the fact that, if he was to get drafted here, Lawrence would be a bust and/or a walking injury report where we’d still suck but won’t move on from him for years. 

Is Trask any good or do his talents end at hunting down mutants?

Yeah, sure.  Draft a guy with a soul patch.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There is obviously still a chance the Jets land Lawrence. But if not I am fine with it. I would really like to see Sam with a new coach and a better team around him. Funny but even through all of this you didnt hear much from scouts or GMs that Sam should be given up on. I still think he has talent but needs some better coaching and talent around him


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I don’t think that’ll happen. Won’t know for sure for some time, but I sense JD (and Gase, assuming JD values his opinion even a little, as it pertains to QB coaching) sees what we see. 

If we can see all the easy passes he’s missed they have seen them as well. 

I think JD moves him while he still may have some trade value, drafts someone else (whether at #2 or after trading down), and/or adds a veteran stopgap (whether Flacco or another). 

Admittedly it may be wishful thinking on my part, but JD can’t possibly want to watch a 3rd season as Jets GM with Darnold. He’s escaped blame for the sucky QB play thus far, but he won’t if he keeps the status quo in 2021.

As if he had a choice in the decision. This is Gase’s team. He calls the shots. JD is undoubtedly a puppet master. If you’re the GM and Trevor is there for the taking you do whatever you have to and lose out and lay down a foundation for years to come. What did he do. Nothing. JD should have fired Gase and put some totally inept replacement to ensure we lose out. Rookies should have played and anyone with any ability to disrupt the tank should have sat.  50 years of ineptitude. I would have been thrilled to see if Trevor was the real deal here.  Not now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mazz said:

Begging your favorite team to go winless is embarrassing and ****s with your psyche. We as Jet fans hex ourselves, I get expecting to get Lawrence if Jets had the 1st pick, but the Jets should never be in that spot. They should have beat the Pats, Raiders, even the Chargers and I would be shocked if they dont beat the pats in the final week. The Jets are not 1st overall pick bad and had there been a full normal preseason and no covid optouts they would have been much more competitive throughout the year. I expected 6 - 8 wins and knew we were rebuilding around Sam. We just came to the same result in a different way. If we get two then we trade it away or take the best lineman.

They’ve been out scored 413 to 206. Their opponents have literally averaged twice as many points as they have. It’s by far the worst point differential in the NFL this year. If this season hasn’t been “1st overall pick bad” I’m curious what kind of atrocity they’d have to put on the field to earn the 1st pick.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, RSJ said:

There is obviously still a chance the Jets land Lawrence. But if not I am fine with it. I would really like to see Sam with a new coach and a better team around him. Funny but even through all of this you didnt hear much from scouts or GMs that Sam should be given up on. I still think he has talent but needs some better coaching and talent around him


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Agreed.  Sam was given a terrible situation unlike Allen or Mayfield.  When you have terrible coaching, protection, and weapons It’s very tough to succeed.  Now Dam has issues he needs to fix but they can be fixed with a better coach and supporting cast 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...