The Jets will lose the next two, the Jags will win one of the next two

Maxman

2 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

I have not lost hope on the Jags beating the Bears at home next week.

We're talking about the ******* bears and Mitchell Tri-suck-ski.  I watched them lose a 10 point lead to the Lions with 2 minutes to go a few weeks ago.

I know, Bears looked good this week....which is exactly why there's a good chance they'll come out next week and suck up the joint.

Plan B is to have the Colts lock in the playoff spot before week 17 and sit their starters in order to avoid 15 years of TL in the AFC south.

i haven't lost all hope yet.

with GIF

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Joe Douglas hasn't really said much of anything.  What type of control/power does he actually have? He's not going to be running the coaching search...and he obviously didnt have the power to sit Darnold and play Morgan to ensure Lawrence. Fans need to come to terms with the Jets GM just being a body/scout who runs the draft and takes orders on everything else. The Johnsons and the biz side make the big decisions.

Woody has been the real GM for the past 10 years. 

5 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

You absolutely cannot put the same guys out there if that is the case. If Sam plays well this week, which I think he will, and you have the #1 pick, sit him. His stock will be much higher and you preserve the pick. Put in Morgan, not Flacco.

What's to say Morgan would be worse than Flacco. Despite the hate he gets on this board for being a 4th round pick he is actually quite talented

32 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

we dont know the future. if i said i bet 100 on the jets yesterday? you woulda siad, "Los ?you crazy! not like your nomal crazy, like insane."

True 

I’m just done getting my hopes up for awhile. Just expect the worst and be happy if something better happens 

13 hours ago, Maxman said:

Okay, here is the deal:

1. The Jets will lose the next two games

2. The Jaguars will win one of the next two games

3. The Jets will end up with the 1st overall pick in the 2021 NFL draft

I am so confident in this, I will make this deal:

When I am proven right:

• Everyone has to no longer make eye contact with me in the hallways
  • I must always be called Max Sir unless I tell you it is okay to call me just call me Max
  • All of my past sins on this forum are forgiven (hey now) and are no longer admissible.  Let's call it a pardon for all past or future crimes

If I am wrong, I won't be but if I am wrong, I donate $250 to the charity or charitable cause that the board picks

lisa simpson cuckoo GIF

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

What's to say Morgan would be worse than Flacco. Despite the hate he gets on this board for being a 4th round pick he is actually quite talented

What makes me say that? Do you know what Bellichek has done historically to rookies, let alone a rookie starting his first game - in Foxboro?

If the Jags win a game, it will be next week against Chicago. James Robinson may have a high ankle sprain.....they could possibly IR him. Their secondary is decimated by injuries. If I was a betting man, I would put my money on Chicago. Having said that, they almost beat Green Bay so a win is quite possible. Jags fans are worried about this game. They know the Jags will try hard to win.

• Upvote 1

Any other year, 1-15 gets you the 1st overall pick without issue. Any other year it's not typically nessesary to come THIS close to historically bad 0-16 in order to her #1...

BUT this year because a supposedly historically good prospect is available, the Jets will to 1-15 and manage to miss out on the overall pick. 

I wasnt sold on the Lawrence hype before this but now that the Jets dont have a chance to draft him, I am more than positive he will end up being an absolute stud and we'll be looking back on this draft the same way we look at missing out on Peyton and passing on Marino and Mahomes, etc. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Church01 said:

Did you see the Jags play Sunday, no way they win either game. I know they were going up against the Ravens but their qb is horrible. Trevor might as well pack his bags for sunny Florida.

Did you see the Jets play against Seattle? They lost by 37 points and then traveled out west again, everyone said no chance the Jets could win.

Never say never.

• Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, TampaJet said:

Would like for you to be right, but Jax would have to be crazy to blow it at this point.  Its too easy for them to just lose 2 games and secure the pick. 

Same for the Jets. But Sam wants to win to save his job. Exact situation going on with the Jags as well.

4 hours ago, Burt777 said:

If the Jags win a game, it will be next week against Chicago. James Robinson may have a high ankle sprain.....they could possibly IR him. Their secondary is decimated by injuries. If I was a betting man, I would put my money on Chicago. Having said that, they almost beat Green Bay so a win is quite possible. Jags fans are worried about this game. They know the Jags will try hard to win.

**** me I didn't know about the James Robinson injury. That seals it he was their best player.