If the Jets end up with the #2 pick, I hope they trade it

Big Snell

This would lead down 1 of 2 roads

1) Sam pulls a Tannehill and the new coach reclaims him with a stud OL

2) We invest 2 more years into a losing QB, Becton and Mims want out and it's wash rinse repeat.

I really do not believe in Sam, he's not the guy, plain and simple. The bigger question for me is should we take Fields/Trade Down and take a QB/ or take a different QB at #2

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

46 minutes ago, Big Snell said:

This is the only thing I'd like now for this team. Watched a bunch of Fields and not convinced he's a franchise player. I would trade the pick for a boat load and put some talent on the field next year to play with Sam under a new coaching system, and then possibly have three ones in 2022. If Sam busts out again, then we worry about a QB in 2022. If he plays well ,with talent around him,we give him his contract and still will be cap healthy because our future is youth, then we can add depth in 2022.

25 million for a QB who has a better chance of getting mono than making the playoffs. ??‍♂️ Darnold will be gone before that contract hits 25 M.  And he won’t be going anywhere until then. Neither is Gase. 

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

This would lead down 1 of 2 roads

1) Sam pulls a Tannehill and the new coach reclaims him with a stud OL

2) We invest 2 more years into a losing QB, Becton and Mims want out and it's wash rinse repeat.

I really do not believe in Sam, he's not the guy, plain and simple. The bigger question for me is should we take Fields/Trade Down and take a QB/ or take a different QB at #2

With Fields, I guess the hope he is what the NFL is trending to. Lamar Jackson, kyler Murray, Patrick Mahomes, josh Allen, even seeing a little of jalen hurts. The mix of pass and run. 
I have my doubts about hurts, but he may be a modern fit to our problem. That being said, for some reason, I can’t see us taking him at 2. I see us over thinking it and taking Wilson.

1 minute ago, usanyj said:

With Fields, I guess the hope he is what the NFL is trending to. Lamar Jackson, kyler Murray, Patrick Mahomes, josh Allen, even seeing a little of jalen hurts. The mix of pass and run. 
I have my doubts about hurts, but he may be a modern fit to our problem. That being said, for some reason, I can’t see us taking him at 2. I see us over thinking it and taking Wilson.

I wouldn't hate Wilson, I think he and Fields are going to be close when it's all said and done. I do think you are right with the way the league is trending.

The worst part for whoever the QB is will be that he needs to step in and win right away. He is always going to be compared to Trevor Lawrence, it's not fair but it's just how it will go. The fans will have a resentment until that QB proves to be a franchise guy.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

With Lawrence most likely off the board and the rest of the QB class with question marks, the Jets can’t over think this. With so many positions in need you take the best player on the board. Draft Sewell and the Jets will have one the best O lines in the NFL. My hunch though is that they trade back.

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I want the Jets to go all out f*cking “Jets-like”.  Truly embarrass this organization even further at this point.  F*ck it.  They should embrace who they are.

HC: Marvin Lewis

OC: Hue Jackson

DC: Mike Nolan

QB: Matthew Stafford, Matt Ryan, or Marcus Mariota.

I want the full “Jets” experience of going 6-10, 7-9, 4-12 over the next three years.  Drill in the pain.

Haha!! “Full Jets Experience”. That’s great!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Big Snell said:

This is the only thing I'd like now for this team. Watched a bunch of Fields and not convinced he's a franchise player. I would trade the pick for a boat load and put some talent on the field next year to play with Sam under a new coaching system, and then possibly have three ones in 2022. If Sam busts out again, then we worry about a QB in 2022. If he plays well ,with talent around him,we give him his contract and still will be cap healthy because our future is youth, then we can add depth in 2022.

I was leaning towards a trade down even with having the #1 pick and TL on the board because this team is in shambles. Now there is no controversy to trade down as much as possible and try to build through the draft more.

The problem is, the #2 pick isn’t that valuable considering the QB prospects after TL so I’m not sure how much we can trade back. That bald jerk JD better be active trading down this draft to try make up for messing up the tank. Getting the #1 pick is all that mattered and they completely screwed it up. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

25 million for a QB who has a better chance of getting mono than making the playoffs. ??‍♂️ Darnold will be gone before that contract hits 25 M.  And he won’t be going anywhere until then. Neither is Gase. 

Why is $25m assumed to be ho much we have to pay him? He hasn't shown enough to warrant that amount, if his agent thinks he's getting that he can walk for all I care.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

Fields and Wilson both will fail, so I fully expect the Jets to draft one of them. 

Sewell or trade down are the only smart options. 

I still can't believe we blew this. 

Oh come on, that was also said about Mahomes by many & about Herbert. If drafting was an exact science teams picking one & two would all be in the playoffs every year. It's a total crapshoot. Everyone here wanted Lawrence but as others have said, the Manning's are the only #1s to win Super Bowls in the last 25 years! 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

That would be true if he went to another team as well. 

Jets never have a plan saying what if HC Wizard doesn’t workout then what?  No plan?

They lurch from disaster to disaster.   

Sure that is true if he leaves, but I would guess if he got traded he wouldn’t be asked to start, so he would be able to sit and learn the offense.

if he stays with the Jets, he is starting most likely and would have to execute what he learns.

• Upvote 1

Bengals might trade up for the #2 pick to get Sewell to protect Burrow's blind side.  I mean, they might assume we wouldn't take him considering we have Mekhi.  But if we say the pick is for sale, there will likely be some team willing to move up to grab a franchise LT.  So at least this pick should have some good value.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Big Snell said:

agree,, Fields is another Sam, Josh Allen,, good QB if you give great OL, coaches and cast they will be good. we have that in Sam, just havents helped him. Bills signed great free agent OL and have daboll coaching and nice supporting cast,,keep sam and rebuild whole team with actually some depth

• Upvote 4

I think with Woody back and no playoffs for 10 years, JD takes the OL or trades back and finds a veteran QB-someone who can be competitive for $25mm, as opposed to Sam who is a bigger mystery.  The alternative is to keep drafting and building the team, and have Sam execute for $5mm this year, $25mm the following year.  I can see that happening.

I don't see JD taking a QB at 2 who is a mystery.

2021 NFL Draft: Updated quarterback rankings
  • Justin Fields Ohio State.
  • Trevor Lawrence Clemson. © Rich Barnes-USA TODAY Sports.
  • Trey Lance North Dakota State. © Tim Heitman-USA TODAY Sports.
  • Zach Wilson BYU. © George Frey/Pool Photo-USA TODAY Sports.
  • Kyle Trask Florida. ... 
  • Mac Jones Alabama. ... 
  • Sam Ehlinger Texas. ... 
  • Jamie Newman Georgia.
  • Haha 1

As I posted elsewhere 

Well here’s how I see it if we end up at 2.

-take your #2 QB (Justin Fields imo)

- let him sit a year (yes god forbid sit a out a year)

-sign a vet 

We do this, trade Sam and continue to build, I don’t see why we can’t be a good team in 2 years ?‍♂️

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, usanyj said:

overthinking. well, we took a safety instead of watson. we traded up to get Sam when we coulda stayed put at 6 and taken Allen or Lamar Jackson and still had all those 2nd rnders. THAT WAS OVERTHINKING

so. zach wilson can run and throw. his arm is as good as Fields, he is as mobile while not being as muscular. is it overthinking?

if we're #2, whose gonna trade w/ us and what will we get? sure JD is doing his thing and exploring options.

can we trade down AND select Zach?

its all interesting.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

overthinking. well, we took a safety instead of watson. we traded up to get Sam when we coulda stayed put at 6 and taken Allen or Lamar Jackson and still had all those 2nd rnders. THAT WAS OVERTHINKING

so. zach wilson can run and throw. his arm is as good as Fields, he is as mobile while not being as muscular. is it overthinking?

if we're #2, whose gonna trade w/ us and what will we get? sure JD is doing his thing and exploring options.

can we trade down AND select Zach?

its all interesting.

Senior Bowl and combine will be really interesting this year to see how the Alabama QB and that other kid Lance look vs all these other guys. Wilson is on ESPN tomorrow vs UCF in the Boca Bowl. Now must see TV for us.?

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

It can only get better, he is 23.

The highest ceiling Darnold could ever hope for is Philip Rivers. And thats even pushing it. They’re very similar in terms of arm strength. Philips, of course, was much more savvy than Darnold in his early career. Looking back, Philips won a lot of games but has he been unremarkable in the playoffs.  Regardless, Darnold’s tenure with the Jets will be short lived soon.  

6 minutes ago, section314 said:

Senior Bowl and combine will be really interesting this year to see how the Alabama QB and that other kid Lance look vs all these other guys. Wilson is on ESPN tomorrow vs UCF in the Boca Bowl. Now must see TV for us.?

I applaud your optimism. I myself have an emotional hangover ? Looking forward to the Mets continuing their makeover. Lindor, Springer and another ace on the horizon. Side note to Steve Cohen: Please buy the Jets. 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Wonderboy said:

I applaud your optimism. I myself have an emotional hangover ? Looking forward to the Mets continuing their makeover. Lindor, Springer and another ace on the horizon. Side note to Steve Cohen: Please buy the Jets. 

Agree, hopefully the Mets will make all this go away. My point was, if we do have #2, hope these other QB's show well, if for no other reason than it would make pick valuable.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

The highest ceiling Darnold could ever hope for is Philip Rivers. And thats even pushing it. They’re very similar in terms of arm strength. Philips, of course, was much more savvy than Darnold in his early career. Looking back, Philips won a lot of games but has he been unremarkable in the playoffs.  Regardless, Darnold’s tenure with the Jets will be short lived soon.  

I really think Gase blew the two years he had here with Sam.  Get an OL and a HC and roll the dice.

• Upvote 2

Yeah. Right. Let's trade away the #2 pick for more picks just so we can draft more busts with more picks.... SOJ

(I rather just draft Sewell instead of passing on another Orlando Pace Future HOF Tackle again). 

But don't worry. JD drafted us a 4th round QB in James Morgan who wasn't even allowed to see the field on an 0-13 team and a freaking PUNTER who just cost us Trevor Lawrence and also made sure to sign a 50 y.o FRANK GORE in order to suck off Gase and make him happy; who just ended our dreams on a 3rd down catch.

FK JD and I hope he's FIRED alongside Gase

There. I said it. Now neg rep me to death for all I care (JD Fanboys).  

• Thumb Down 2

10 minutes ago, section314 said:

Agree, hopefully the Mets will make all this go away. My point was, if we do have #2, hope these other QB's show well, if for no other reason than it would make pick valuable.

So what would you do? Trade the pick? Take the next QB on your chart? Gase will be back. He is the GM/puppet master and JD is the  puppet. He will have JD trade the pick and stay with Darnold. How much could they expect to get for the #2 pick? Three #2 picks from the Colts LOL ? 

1 minute ago, Wonderboy said:

So what would you do? Trade the pick? Take the next next QB on your chart? Gase will be back. He will have JD trade the pick and stay with Darnold. How much could they expect to get for the #2 pick? Three #2 picks from the Colts LOL ? 

No shot...still think we have better chance of getting # 1 pick than Gase coming back. You want these QB's to show well and be in demand in case you want to trade down, or if you love one of them. You want the asset to have max value. Food for thought.....what if Fields totally outplays Lawrence in the Bowl game? Then what? 

5 minutes ago, section314 said:

No shot...still think we have better chance of getting # 1 pick than Gase coming back. You want these QB's to show well and be in demand in case you want to trade down, or if you love one of them. You want the asset to have max value. Food for thought.....what if Fields totally outplays Lawrence in the Bowl game? Then what? 

Then Jags take Fields lol ? and we get TL ??‍♂️

• Sympathy 1