If the Jets end up with the #2 pick, I hope they trade it

Big Snell

1 minute ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

So it looks like barring something miracle TL won't be a Jet.

What the Jets need to do now is trade out of 2, get the TE Pitts from FL, an edge rusher, then add the RT.

Only issue is Darnold stinks and there's no vet QB I'd want to bring in via FA(Winston? Brissett? Cam? AJ McCarron? No thanks).

The NY Jets desperately need a legitimate RB who will help improve the passing game for any QB. 

19 minutes ago, section314 said:

No shot...still think we have better chance of getting # 1 pick than Gase coming back. You want these QB's to show well and be in demand in case you want to trade down, or if you love one of them. You want the asset to have max value. Food for thought.....what if Fields totally outplays Lawrence in the Bowl game? Then what? 

Read SAR1 posts. He has Gase as the alpha dog in this organization. He is right. He was able to get Macc fired and JD hired. The Johnsons are enamored with him. They will look at the last 2 years as irrelevant and have lay the blame on Macc for this mess. Gase gets a free pass with COVID also factoring in. The fact that Gase has survived after going 0-13 is proof. The Johnsons, in their imbecilic ineptitude, have allowed Gase to ruin this franchise to deeper depths than ever before. They gave pretty much given him free reign with the Jets to do as he wishes, to the point of even losing out on one of the highest QB prospects ever to play the game. Can’t make this stuff up if you tried. Even the CBS football analysts were laughing at us saying if the Jets tie with the Jags, they get the #1 pick. Humiliating. 

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Bengals might trade up for the #2 pick to get Sewell to protect Burrow's blind side.  I mean, they might assume we wouldn't take him considering we have Mekhi.  But if we say the pick is for sale, there will likely be some team willing to move up to grab a franchise LT.  So at least this pick should have some good value.

Agreed, my thought as well.  The Jets should be able to trade down if they wish and not trade down too far if they do not want to.

7 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

So it looks like barring something miracle TL won't be a Jet.

What the Jets need to do now is trade out of 2, get the TE Pitts from FL, an edge rusher, then add the RT.

Only issue is Darnold stinks and there's no vet QB I'd want to bring in via FA(Winston? Brissett? Cam? AJ McCarron? No thanks).

I think Stafford COULD be considered...     not banging the gavel....   but MS can play...

capable of top 10 years

.and if you're trading outta #2 and NOT getting Wilson...     

and talk about a QB and a SITUATION...   

Detroit has a winning record under Caldwell...  11-5, 7-9, 9-7 x2...  and gets fired for Matt Patricia who goes 6-10, 3-12-1 and is now 5-9...

JAT

(just a thought)

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

I think Stafford COULD be considered...     not banging the gavel....   but MS can play...

capable of top 10 years

.and if you're trading outta #2 and NOT getting Wilson...     

and talk about a QB and a SITUATION...   

Detroit has a winning record under Caldwell...  11-5, 7-9, 9-7 x2...  and gets fired for Matt Patricia who goes 6-10, 3-12-1 and is now 5-9...

JAT

(just a thought)

Ehh..... Stafford can play but he's gonna be 33 by Week 1 2021. I wouldn't mind it but it wouldn't be a deal to break the fine china out for - in addition we'd have to trade capital to get him.

32 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

You can always find guys to run the ball. No need to invest a high pick in a RB. I'd wait until late Day 2 to address RB

Really how has that worked out for us over the years. 

With the emergence of the RB and WR in the NFL the good ones will be taken early and often. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Really how has that worked out for us over the years. 

With the emergence of the RB and WR in the NFL the good ones will be taken early and often. 

https://www.nfl.com/stats/player-stats/category/rushing/2020/REG/all/rushingyards/desc

Here's a list of the top 10 RBs in the NFL in terms of yardage.

5 were drafted in the 2nd round(Henry, Cook, Taylor, Chubb, Jones II)

2 were drafted in the 3th round(Montgomery, Drake)

1 was drafted in the 5th round(Jones from GB)

1 was drafted in the 1st(Jacobs)

1 was undrafted(Robinson)

As stated - you can find a good running back anywhere in the draft. If you have competent line play and a decent QB, your running back is generally plug and play.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

https://www.nfl.com/stats/player-stats/category/rushing/2020/REG/all/rushingyards/desc

Here's a list of the top 10 RBs in the NFL in terms of yardage.

5 were drafted in the 2nd round(Henry, Cook, Taylor, Chubb, Jones II)

2 were drafted in the 3th round(Montgomery, Drake)

1 was drafted in the 5th round(Jones from GB)

1 was drafted in the 1st(Jacobs)

1 was undrafted(Robinson)

As stated - you can find a good running back anywhere in the draft. If you have competent line play and a decent QB, your running back is generally plug and play.

And you don't think other teams are going to see the success of the current RB's in the NFL and draft them early and often in the 2021 NFL Draft afraid to lose out on them. 

If not RB's and WR's what will teams draft in the first round punters and kickers. 

Do you watch football. 

Do you understand the game of football. 

10 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I want the Jets to go all out f*cking “Jets-like”.  Truly embarrass this organization even further at this point.  F*ck it.  They should embrace who they are.

HC: Marvin Lewis

OC: Hue Jackson

DC: Mike Nolan

QB: Matthew Stafford, Matt Ryan, or Marcus Mariota.

I want the full “Jets” experience of going 6-10, 7-9, 4-12 over the next three years.  Drill in the pain.

I agree with the coaches!

OMG, MS is a better Sanchez!  Maybe, maybe i can see Mariota

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Do you watch football. 

Do you understand the game of football. 

Yes; it seems you are the one who does not fundamentally understand what you are seeing. Games are won at the point of attack. Show me a team that was built skill positions first and I'll show you a bad team. if your OL and DL play is sub par, you've got a bad team.

6 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Fields and Wilson both will fail, so I fully expect the Jets to draft one of them. 

Sewell or trade down are the only smart options. 

I still can't believe we blew this

Why not? I fully expected it. We are the Jets. Stink at everything. We even stink at stinking. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Skeet Ulrich said:

Yes; it seems you are the one who does not fundamentally understand what you are seeing. Games are won at the point of attack. Show me a team that was built skill positions first and I'll show you a bad team. if your OL and DL play is sub par, you've got a bad team.

The NY Jets lack skilled position players. 

NFL games are won by scoring points. 

We have the worst RB's WR's and TE's in the NFL you can't expect any QB to succeed with these players. 

Ever wonder why our defensive secondary is so bad we have no pass rush and we give the QB all day to throw the ball any QB will destroy a secondary under those conditions. 

Ever wonder why opposing teams players make highlight reel films against the NY Jets. 

10 hours ago, Big Snell said:

This is the only thing I'd like now for this team. Watched a bunch of Fields and not convinced he's a franchise player. I would trade the pick for a boat load and put some talent on the field next year to play with Sam under a new coaching system, and then possibly have three ones in 2022. If Sam busts out again, then we worry about a QB in 2022. If he plays well ,with talent around him,we give him his contract and still will be cap healthy because our future is youth, then we can add depth in 2022.

I’m fine with that plan 

I think if we are in this situation at the end of the season we should look to trade down.  Maybe call Carolina who are looking for a QB to replace Teddy.  If we drop to say #5 and get a boatload of picks including a 1st and a 2nd next year I think we would be in great shape.  Here's the kicker, would you still draft a QB, I say yes.   I would draft Zach Wilson, the guy has a legit and accurate arm and comes up big in pressure situations.  Focus on the teams offense, get some weapons with those picks.  Have Sam play out 2021 see how he does, with a new coach and some more weapons at his disposal it can only help.  Then make the decision to keep him or go to Wilson....its a good dilemna to have imo.

• Upvote 1

Some points to consider:

1. Draft order is not settled. We could still easily wind up with #1 pick

2. Sewell is not the unanimous #1 LT

3. People are completely forgetting James Morgan. He is very talented but we have no idea what JD thinks of him. Maybe he is playing really well and has a shot to be the guy.

4. Only Jax and the Dolphins have 2 number 1s right now, and it is super unlikely either would want to be at #2 (JAX would if we do get #1) so trading down will likely be for another 2022 first and a package of additional picks 

5. If we are not sold on either Sam or Morgan then just picking Fields or Wilson is in play at #2 or maybe even moving up a bit from our second pick for Mac Jones or Trask

6. Personally I would really like us to get the top center in the draft

7. We need to start extending some current players. Elflein has been a surprise. Not sure why he was cut but him and Becton work well together. he should be extended. Perriman has played well enough for an extension. I would bring back Poole and Maye if we can as well

8. We should trade Moseley. Because he does not get an accredited year but we still had to pay bonuses, his value could be pretty high in a trade. 

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

We should trade Moseley. Because he does not get an accredited year but we still had to pay bonuses, his value could be pretty high in a trade. 

We really need to vastly improve the LB corps here. 

Hewitt was very good ,Luvu and Langi played well but we need enforcer there to help QW 

15 hours ago, Big Snell said:

This is the only thing I'd like now for this team. Watched a bunch of Fields and not convinced he's a franchise player. I would trade the pick for a boat load and put some talent on the field next year to play with Sam under a new coaching system, and then possibly have three ones in 2022. If Sam busts out again, then we worry about a QB in 2022. If he plays well ,with talent around him,we give him his contract and still will be cap healthy because our future is youth, then we can add depth in 2022.

Only way this is plausible is if the new coach wants that opportunity to bring Sam back from the QB graveyard or ownership meddles. Both are terrible situations if you ask me.

7 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yeah. Right. Let's trade away the #2 pick for more picks just so we can draft more busts with more picks.... SOJ

(I rather just draft Sewell instead of passing on another Orlando Pace Future HOF Tackle again). 

But don't worry. JD drafted us a 4th round QB in James Morgan who wasn't even allowed to see the field on an 0-13 team and a freaking PUNTER who just cost us Trevor Lawrence and also made sure to sign a 50 y.o FRANK GORE in order to suck off Gase and make him happy; who just ended our dreams on a 3rd down catch.

FK JD and I hope he's FIRED alongside Gase

There. I said it. Now neg rep me to death for all I care (JD Fanboys).  

You make some good points in other posts, but this post just proves what an idiot you are.

5 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

You make some good points in other posts, but this post just proves what an idiot you are.

That's not nice. DWC is a bit kooky but a good kid. And I am beginning to believe he is correct about JD who looks to be just a pseudo GM with extremely limited powers, like setting up trades, suggesting contracts etc.  Gase seems to have the final word on player personnel. Look at Ballange, look at Gore.  Why hasn't JD FIRED Gase yet?  Why was he allowed to win a meaningless game costing us the best prospect in eons?  And I don't want to hear this nonsense about winning culture blah blah blah. The season was lost 4 weeks into it.  Darnold was injured, the whole damn roster was injured. We couldn't get out of our own way.  At the point of no return, you just ensure you go winless and secure the #1 pick and get the Golden Goose.  Did JD do that? Any other GM would have taken drastic measures to do so. How many people on here laid it out so simply - Fire Gase, IR Becton, Mims, trade Darnold, hire an interim HC, play backups that you want to see if they are even worthy to be on the team, activate Morgan, resign Fales to start, trade Flacco to a contender etc etc etc.  JD just let Gase run his course to another historic meaningless Jets win. This one, however, will have impact this franchise for countless years to come.