They have a lot of heart left!!!

AL047

Forget about the record or getting the #1 for QB Trevor Lawrence for the moment!!!!

If the Jets played like this all season long especially Sam Darnold at QB, the Jets would have a chance at the playoffs!!! I will admit they came in with a fire to win!!!! This team has a fire to win games the last few games, look at the team from the beginning of the year until now, a lot are gone mostly contracts and disgruntle players (Adams and Bell). Look at the players that are left, on this team, most are players that are fighting for a position next year or a contract from some other team. This was a well earned win by these players, we can say that now for most are still angry that the Jets lost the #1 pick to draft Lawrence. The Rams were surprised by these Jets and their no quit attitude and IMO they were manhandled because they didn't take them serious enough. In the end the Rams were outcoached and outplayed by a Jets team that is suppose to be dead.

Remember that most of those players on this roster won't be back next year because who ever ends up coaching this team will mostly cut these players and want to bring in his own or select his own players. 

Remember most on this team don't want or care about getting the #1 pick or drafting QB Trevor Lawrence or Fields. They are thinking about this season and in their mind is that they have a QB in Sam Darnold. In their minds they only want to win getting that one win might inspire them more as a unit not as individuals.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

I admire the optimism ... but i also feel a lot of yesterday's game was as much about the Rams playing badly as it was about the Jets playing well.

They had extra time to prepare, big division battle next week, winless team coming to town who got DESTROYED the week before. T-R-A-P ... and they fell into it. Fire McVay!

• Upvote 1

"As I have believed from day one, all Adam and Sam needed was a chance.   A chance to fully express their innate talent and heart.  That is why today, I am announcing that we are retaining both Adam and young Sam as our head coach and starting quarterback for next season respectively.  The future is bright in both their careers and for this storied franchise which I am honored to own.  Be blessed."

--Woody Johnson

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

And let's be clear - they were a great punter tackle.

a weak holding call

and a ridiculous block in the back call 

From losing this game.

---

But it doesn't matter though

These are the sorts of things that happen in most games. A few key plays here and there make the difference.

What concerns me most about the 2020 Jets is how few games we have like those. So many blowouts ... that is harder to improve upon, at least any time soon.

• Upvote 1

Though I haven't crunched the numbers for this, I suspect that even a losing team with a record approaching that of the New Jersey Jets will show improvement in the last few games of the season. Next year's paychecks are on the line, nu?

Go, Jets! 

9 hours ago, jamesr said:

These are the sorts of things that happen in most games. A few key plays here and there make the difference.

What concerns me most about the 2020 Jets is how few games we have like those. So many blowouts ... that is harder to improve upon, at least any time soon.

Would have been a better evaluation that every game we have the equivalent of Perriman, Mims, and Crowder, and when one or 2 are out we are deep enough for a couple others to come in and not have a dropoff to where the O cannot move the ball. So, if we have these 3 WRs and draft another high in 2021 and sign another one that is good in FA, if we keep Same I would want to see if that makes a difference over a whole season perhaps his 4th year (and we do not have to give him the 5th year option). If he looks somewhat like this game for the whole season with that level of WRs then we can negotiate a contract starting for the 5th year and forward or even franchise him. Unless I am wrong about the rookie contract rules why can we not do this?. Now doing this is tough since it may mean not drafting a QB with our 1st pick. So, this is a call JD has to make and he only has till the draft of 2021 basically to do say. Sam's option decision is May of 2021, but after this season I do not see how you can pick up that 5th year option at 25M. Not sure that is negotiable, but if it is there is now way you can give him more than 12-15M for that 5th year option.