Congratulations to the players and the coaches

Good for the players, but I feel nothing but disdain for this putrid coaching staff that led this team to Week 15 without a win. 

It's still a miserable day that will live in Jets infamy, these players will go play somewhere else and we'll be stuck watching this sorry team

• Upvote 1

OK. So the New Jersey Jets may not get first pick. That means they will not get a disgruntled, over-paid player who does his best to get traded.

There may be some lessons to learn from the book, 'Money Ball'. A really good look at the team -- offense, defense and special teams -- will uncover some pretty good players. There may be others who can be moved with profit to a different position. Then, what to do is to locate players who will 'fit'. Needed is a QB who is sturdy enough to last a season. One who will fit with the capabilities of the offensive squad will add much to the possibility of winning games.

There's work to be done, much of it evaluation of what is rather than yearning for some magic bullet 'cure'.

Regards, season's best to all.

1 minute ago, Torus34 said:

OK. So the New Jersey Jets may not get first pick. That means they will not get a disgruntled, over-paid player who does his best to get traded.

There may be some lessons to learn from the book, 'Money Ball'. A really good look at the team -- offense, defense and special teams -- will uncover some pretty good players. There may be others who can be moved with profit to a different position. Then, what to do is to locate players who will 'fit'. Needed is a QB who is sturdy enough to last a season. One who will fit with the capabilities of the offensive squad will add much to the possibility of winning games.

There's work to be done, much of it evaluation of what is rather than yearning for some magic bullet 'cure'.

Regards, season's best to all.

you answered why they are keeping Darnold next year

2 hours ago, Losmeister said:

this     tank is a fan created verb that has nothing to do with the reality of pro sports competition.

there is no "race for the no 1 pick" teams dont want to be the worst in the league. much less winless.

for all those fans cheering when ruggs scores... ??  I'll take Mehki

image.png.e02467a7711cf460969f5303f305c02a.png

Yes and I'm sure five years from now and Jets are struggling in, at best,  mediocrity because they can't find a QB and TL is winning 13 games a year and hoisting the Lombardi trophy - and Becton is forcing his way off the Jets.  I really do hope you look back at one win in Dec. 2020 and remember the good times.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

And I'll add something else here. The Rams came into this game 9-4 and fighting for the Western division title. Arguably the best defense in the league, WR's in Coup and Woods, A good TE and QB that was drafted #1 in 2016 facing a team that was making its second trip to the West Coast in as many weeks, coming off a disgraceful performance against Seattle and winless.

If anything Jets fans should be going on every Rams board out there and ripping them to shreds

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Are you really comparing the dramatics and ego of Jamal and Mekhi? Worlds apart from what I have witnessed from this vantage point.

Jamal blamed his depression on the Jets. You think he'll convince anyone to stay with the Jets? Im sure that he said: "You have so much talent, you have to get out of that scrub team." We all say such things to friends and family who are talented and stuck in bad jobs.

2 minutes ago, MeanGene said:

Jamal blamed his depression on the Jets. You think he'll convince anyone to stay with the Jets? Im sure that he said: "You have so much talent, you have to get out of that scrub team." We all say such things to friends and family who are talented and stuck in bad jobs.

WTF are you even talking about?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Icer said:

Good for the players, but I feel nothing but disdain for this putrid coaching staff that led this team to Week 15 without a win. 

It's still a miserable day that will live in Jets infamy, these players will go play somewhere else and we'll be stuck watching this sorry team

i doubt your disdain matches theirs for you/us.

no caoch or player wants t lose. only fans.

just stumbled on this.

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

I actually feel good for them. To hear some of the sound bites (especially Becton), and the joy in their voices, you begin to understand the other side of this. No player or coach wants the stain of a winless season on their record.

I understand and respect that this is not a popular opinion here. But, perspective. Did I want to have the ability to add Trevor Lawrence to the Jets? Yes, I did because it would have been interesting to watch and made a good storyline. Am I devastated that may now be diminishing as a possibility? No. It was long ago when sports results became an important factor in my order of priorities. 

That is just me, but again I preach perspective. Someone on this site had a baby yesterday. I am still very interested in how this team builds forward, and will have zeal in that process.

Go ahead, hammer away and tell me I am wrong.

You're definitely not wrong.  Current players and staff have different interests than fans.  Good for them, bad for us.

• Upvote 2

I actually feel good for them. To hear some of the sound bites (especially Becton), and the joy in their voices, you begin to understand the other side of this. No player or coach wants the stain of a winless season on their record.

Here the morning after when the disappointment has worn off, it's nice to see the boys earn themselves a Christmas present.  It's nice that they can sit around the tree on Thursday without their moms, dads, wives, and kids feeling downtrodden and frustrated.

And it's also nice that they stepped the hell up and continue to play hard for their head coach.  Lost in all this is that the players respond to and respect Adam Gase.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, Butterfield said:

Congrats losers.  You won a single game.  Now go find a different job.  

Because a team loses games does not make them "losers" Improvement shows that someday they will be winners with some good young talent on this roster that is developing. I would call this team losers if they laid down and they have certainly not done that.

While I wanted the Jets to have a shot at Lawrence we still have a load of picks and money to build on both sides of the ball in the draft and FA without Lawrence in the picture Douglas can trade out of the second or third pick if he so chooses and get even more draft capital to build with. Either way the Jets are in a good position to move forward and build a roster the way it should be built.

• Upvote 2

I understand and respect that this is not a popular opinion here. But, perspective. Did I want to have the ability to add Trevor Lawrence to the Jets? Yes, I did because it would have been interesting to watch and made a good storyline. Am I devastated that may now be diminishing as a possibility? No. It was long ago when sports results became an important factor in my order of priorities. 

That is just me, but again I preach perspective. Someone on this site had a baby yesterday. I am still very interested in how this team builds forward, and will have zeal in that process.

You are not wrong at all. Even if we don't like Gase (and I truly don't) you have to give them credit for playing hard all season. It's a good thing for them to be rewarded. There are players on this team that we will want to stay and 0-16 puts a big dent in that.

I was resigned to taking Lawrence, even if I thought they should go another route. Now they have options. I believe that there is going to be a large demand for that second pick. They can trade out for multiple picks to improve multiple areas, or they can take a very good player at that point. They need OL, WR, pass rusher, CB, RB and a TE. If some team offers multiple firsts and seconds I'm trading down. If not, I like the OT from Oregon, Sewell, or whoever the most pro ready CB is.

The current roster has a few players to build around, so I still think that they will be attractive to coaching prospects.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, MeanGene said:

How many people do you think actually take Jamal Adams seriously?

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

No one blames Becton for playing hard or wanting to win.

But, he also doesn't get to be the arbiter of who a true fan is.  Most of us have been fans longer than he's been alive.  He's a sell-sword, and there's nothing wrong with that.  This is his livelihood.  But he's a Jet because the Jets picked him and pay him.  When they stop paying him, he'll no longer be a Jet.  We'll all be here long after he's gone, and the long term interests of this franchise will matter to us far more than it ever will to him.

The whole notion of "real fan" is incredibly ridiculous and subjective.

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

No one blames Becton for playing hard or wanting to win.

But, he also doesn't get to be the arbiter of who a true fan is.  Most of us have been fans longer than he's been alive.  He's a sell-sword, and there's nothing wrong with that.  This is his livelihood.  But he's a Jet because the Jets picked him and pay him.  When they stop paying him, he'll no longer be a Jet.  We'll all be here long after he's gone, and the long term interests of this franchise will matter to us far more than it ever will to him.

i am only reiterating what i ahve always maintained. that tank is a fan verb. not for players. and not for all fans. not more.

he gets to have his opinion like everyone. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

How many people do you think actually take Jamal Adams seriously?

im sure his friends do.  I'm sure his pitch is pretty convincing. Besides $, there is absolutely no incentive for players with deep talent to play for the Jets, at least in the short term.

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Here the morning after when the disappointment has worn off, it's nice to see the boys earn themselves a Christmas present.  It's nice that they can sit around the tree on Thursday without their moms, dads, wives, and kids feeling downtrodden and frustrated.

And it's also nice that they stepped the hell up and continue to play hard for their head coach.  Lost in all this is that the players respond to and respect Adam Gase.

SAR I

not really loss, we were just waiting for you to show up and remind us. Again. 

2 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Yep. My father has COVID and is struggling a bit right now. Yesterday's game and this site are an escape for me. Losing out on Trevor Lawrence is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

I’m so sorry about your father.  My prayers are with him.  Agreed there are much important things in life Compared to a silly sports game.  Hope your father is ok 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, MeanGene said:

im sure his friends do.  I'm sure his pitch is pretty convincing. Besides $, there is absolutely no incentive for players with deep talent to play for the Jets, at least in the short term.

Kind of like your pitch? Joining a Jets site approximately 1 hour after a loss, which you deem to be earth shattering for your fandom? 

Yeah, your pitch is convincing. 

And Jamal's friends? lol. Hmmm, Jets are offering me a contract, but what will Jamal think? Weak.

• Upvote 2

They're paid good money and most will be digging ditches in the next two years.

New York Jets = Sad Mediocrity 

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Nah....I'm not happy for them.  They've been awful all year - and one a game that put this franchise back a decade.

And then in post game interviews when asked about Jet fans wanting to lose - the joy in their voices (especially Bectons) about sticking it to the fans was sickening.  

It doesn't matter though.

These guys are playing for jobs. It would be like wanting a company to fail because there's a prospect of a buyout and you hold stock so your rooting for the buyout. You don't care if the workers of the company get fired just as long your stock goes up.  Sure it sucks that maybe the Jets will lose out on Lawrence but lets keep some perspective here. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

not really loss, we were just waiting for you to show up and remind us. Again. 

We've been waiting all season to see growth from our QB and our HC.  Well....

If we didn't have this fixation on a college boy, if this game were, say, a win-and-in game for a playoff berth, we'd be right proud of the way this team played yesterday.  We just went West and spanked a team many have as the Super Bowl representative from the NFC in a game they desperately needed.  So disappointed as I am, I do see a very-real silver lining.  As the days and weeks go by, others will do likewise.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

And how many quality head coaches will want this job now?

They will be turned down by at least 3 or 4....

Yesterday, in the sports world, was catastrophic.

32 NFL HC jobs in the world. Tons of cap space, tons of draft picks and still the  #2 pick or maybe even still #1 pick . Yeah I can see candidates saying they want  no part of that . 

50 minutes ago, MeanGene said:

Mehki will be out of NY in a seci, enjoy him for 2 more season as it's guranteed that he'll be looking for a way out like Jamal. What do you think Jamal whispered to him on the field? "You gotta get out of there bro."

Hmm Jamal huh?? I can see people being upset by taking him instead of Mahomes who is a proven bowl winner. The question is does Trever go right to the HOF or does he have to play a game first?? The last sure thing generational QB Luck never won a bowl and got killed 35-9 by a bad 2012 Jet team..

56 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

And I'll add something else here. The Rams came into this game 9-4 and fighting for the Western division title. Arguably the best defense in the league, WR's in Coup and Woods, A good TE and QB that was drafted #1 in 2016 facing a team that was making its second trip to the West Coast in as many weeks, coming off a disgraceful performance against Seattle and winless.

If anything Jets fans should be going on every Rams board out there and ripping them to shreds

Doesn't the Seattle pick we have drop if the Seahawks win the division?