More good news!

2 hours ago, predator_05 said:

He's right tho.

Forget about Mahomes, look at the division. Tua and Allen could dominate anything the Jets put in front of them for the next 5 years

He’s not right. More than likely he is right about Mahomes and a decent chance about lawerence but we just don’t know yet. 

As for your statement, yea that could happen, looks like it might happen, or it might not. Jets went to 2 AFC championship games and then nothing. Who thought it 09 the Jets would be bad for 10 years plus in just 2 seasons 

sh*t happens. Things change. 

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

Dry and cranky BUT with good reason.  Yesterday's win is up there with one of the biggest JET fukk ups of all time.

Yesterday sucked. Agreed. But I’m not gonna cry about 2025 nfl season when we didn’t even finish 2020 yet. 

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

He’s not right. More than likely he is right about Mahomes and a decent chance about lawerence but we just don’t know yet. 

As for your statement, yea that could happen, looks like it might happen, or it might not. Jets went to 2 AFC championship games and then nothing. Who thought it 09 the Jets would be bad for 10 years plus in just 2 seasons 

sh*t happens. Things change. 

The Jets' 2 good seasons were a fluke. And the roster was pretty good, at least miles better than whatever it is now.

By our low standards, that's a successful era. But other teams contended year after after for a decade. Isn't that we want?

Right now...the team's all the way at the bottom. And it's gonna take another 2 years just to reach mediocrity.  

9 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

The Jets' 2 good seasons were a fluke. And the roster was pretty good, at least miles better than whatever it is now.

By our low standards, that's a successful era. But other teams contended year after after for a decade. Isn't that we want?

Right now...the team's all the way at the bottom. And it's gonna take another 2 years just to reach mediocrity.  

Most of this is true ( except the fluke part, team was good roster was just terribly mismanaged) it still has nothing to do with people anointing the Jaguars perennial SB contenders

23 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

What’s a fact, nobody knows what the future brings. Mahommes looks great, maybe he dominates for 15 years like Brady or maybe (god forbid) he has a career altering injury. Trevor Lawrence hasn’t played one snap in the nfl and now we are anointing the Jaguars as perennial super bowl contenders. 

The only thing that’s a fact is that right now mahommes is awesome and Trevor Lawrence is out of our reach at this particular moment. Nothing else. Unless we are gonna continue to cry about the past 

Yes, we all understand that players in the NFL get injured.  

But Pat Mahomes is already being talked about amongst the elite of the elite QBs.  He could easily have another 3-4 (or more!) Superbowl appearances in him.  Trevor has been compared to John Elway by professional scouts.  Elway made 5 Superbowls in his career.  So It's feasible that a lot of AFC titles over the next decade or so will be split between those 2.  We've seen this happen the past 2 decades with Brady/Ben/Peyton.  

And let's not forget that there are other top young QBs in the AFC (e.g. Lamar, Allen, Burrow, Deshaun, Herbert)

31 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Yes, we all understand that players in the NFL get injured.  

But Pat Mahomes is already being talked about amongst the elite of the elite QBs.  He could easily have another 3-4 (or more!) Superbowl appearances in him.  Trevor has been compared to John Elway by professional scouts.  Elway made 5 Superbowls in his career.  So It's feasible that a lot of AFC titles over the next decade or so will be split between those 2.  We've seen this happen the past 2 decades with Brady/Ben/Peyton.  

And let's not forget that there are other top young QBs in the AFC (e.g. Lamar, Allen, Burrow, Deshaun, Herbert)

Again all maybes. No matter how likely they are to happen none of the future references are facts. 

Just now, Anthony Jet said:

Again all maybes. No matter how likely they are to happen none of the future references are facts. 

Where did I say these things were facts?  Obviously the future has no guarantees.

9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Where did I say these things were facts?  Obviously the future has no guarantees.

You didn’t but the post you quoted was me refuting someone saying that you were stating facts in the initial “Woe is us” post of this thread. 

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

For the next 10-15 years, in order to win the Superbowl we’ll have to get by both Mahomes and Trevor in the AFC!

Was Mahomes the #1 overall pick?  And for that matter in the last 35 years what have their been 4 ( Both Mannings, Elway and Aikman) #1 overall picks that have been QBS to win the Super Bowl.  And for that matter how many Super Bowl QBs have been picked outside the top 5 in the last 35 years? 12 and how many picked outside the the top 10? 11.  With Mahomes being picked right at 10.    If people don't start understanding the coaching is the biggest factor for an NFL team and for QB to be successful, there is no point in having a conversation.   Does anyone in this room believe Mahomes would have been successful with the Jets if we took him, or Josh Allen, or Jared Goff  or, Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers etc... Not aa chance.  Hell I watch Goff and Allen and still see the same bad QB play in every game they play.   But what I do see a lot is a coaching staff that knows how to put them in the right situation to be successful, a coaching staff that knows how to put together a good game plan, a coaching staff that knows the plays to call.    

1 hour ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

This generational talent is the best QB ever - until next year's "generational talent" QB is hyped. Lawrence is very good, no doubt. But let's not act like he is the only guy who has been talked about in these terms in the past decade.

sure, but it was OUR chance to get this type of player.

These opportunities don't come around that often.  And for the Jets, never.

3 hours ago, munchmemory said:

I'm in my mid-60s.  And if you stretch the definition of a "franchise QB" a bit, the last one we had in my lifetime was Ken O'Brien.  So since the middle 1960s, this franchise has had exactly 1.5 franchise QBs.  Wow.  Just say that out loud for true effect.  Insane.

You really have to stretch to believe that. LOL Kenny never won a playoff game never had a rushing TD. And had just 2 winning seasons in that case Todd,Chad and Sanchez must have been franchise QB's.. I didn't count Farve..