No Lawrence + No Cowher, nor Harbaugh

Bugg

47 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Not only did the Jets probably lose the franchise QB, highly doubtful any Big Swinging Dick head coach is coming here to figure out who his QB is between Darnold, Fields or whom ever is the dog's breakfast of suck that figures to be the choice going forward. Strongly think Lawrence made this a very intriguing and attractive job notwithstanding the jets are owned by 2 morons. Instead, it will remain a career graveyard run Lucky Sperm Club imbeciles. Besides, the Johnsons would rather keep $10 million in their bank accounts than pay it someone who knows how to run an NFL team with any semblance of competence. Hymie Whatshisname is highly....something? 

Florham Park's exective office looks like 6th grade intrigue with a really cool training facility,passing notes back and forth about who's cool and who's not. And Joe Douglas wondering what the hell he managed to get himself into and how to get out with his reputation somewhat intact. 

At this point they will either retain the super offensive genius with the people skills of a doorstop because nobody with functioning gray matter will consider it. Or as usual New York Jets hire The Next Coordinator Who Spends His Interview Using The Word "Toughness" Often. This f___in' franchise....

I wouldn't count out Harbaugh just yet. He is nuts enough to believe he can do to Darnold what he did to Alex Smith. Just gonna take a boatload of money.

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Might as well go all in on Brian Daboll at this point.

The guy has turned Allen into a borderline Top 5 QB in the league.

Maybe he can get the best out of Darnold as well. Especially if JD moves down from #2 and has the resources to really inject some talent into the skill positions.

Yup agreed 

27 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Maybe he can get the best out of Darnold as well. Especially if JD moves down from #2 and has the resources to really inject some talent into the skill positions.

He may have come for Lawrence, but is he really going to leave his situation in Buffalo to come in division and coach a failing Sam Darnold and have to compete against a really really good bills team twice a year and a QB that he helped build into a top 10 player at his position?   I wouldnt.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

He may have come for Lawrence, but is he really going to leave his situation in Buffalo to come in division and coach a failing Sam Darnold and have to compete against a really really good bills team twice a year and a QB that he helped build into a top 10 player at his position?   I wouldnt.  

He’s Brian Daboll...

Not Bill Cowher or Jim Harbaugh

He doesn’t have the cache to dictate his own terms to anyone. There are only 32 of these jobs on the planet and only a handful become open annually with at least a dozen people fighting and clawing for every one of them.

If the Jets want Brian Daboll, they can probably get Brian Daboll.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Dark day in this franchise's dark history. Cannot be overstated, this is a total failure. 1-15, 2-14? Great!

Matt every player out there is playing for their professional careers if you think for as second they would lay down so the Jets can get Lawrence you would be wrong. Sure GM's and Coaches can stack the deck by having fire sales and not playing players that have prominent roles but players will always play hard and that's exactly what they did yesterday.

If Lawrence is as great as some think he is then you can trade for the pick. I don't think that's the best Idea at all but it is available. So if you think Lawrence is that great that you would be mad your team won a game would you be equally willing to trade a boat load of draft capital to get him when your team has plenty of holes to fill ? If not then feel good about the future because the odds say their might just be someone in the draft that will out play Trevor Lawrence.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Not only did the Jets probably lose the franchise QB, highly doubtful any Big Swinging Dick head coach is coming here to figure out who his QB is between Darnold, Fields or whom ever is the dog's breakfast of suck that figures to be the choice going forward. Strongly think Lawrence made this a very intriguing and attractive job notwithstanding the jets are owned by 2 morons. Instead, it will remain a career graveyard run Lucky Sperm Club imbeciles. Besides, the Johnsons would rather keep $10 million in their bank accounts than pay it someone who knows how to run an NFL team with any semblance of competence. Hymie Whatshisname is highly....something? 

Florham Park's exective office looks like 6th grade intrigue with a really cool training facility,passing notes back and forth about who's cool and who's not. And Joe Douglas wondering what the hell he managed to get himself into and how to get out with his reputation somewhat intact. 

At this point they will either retain the super offensive genius with the people skills of a doorstop because nobody with functioning gray matter will consider it. Or as usual New York Jets hire The Next Coordinator Who Spends His Interview Using The Word "Toughness" Often. This f___in' franchise....

Who the hell cares about two coaches that haven't won in the NFL for half a decade or more?

25 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

21 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

He’s Brian Daboll...

He doesn’t have the cache to dictate his own terms to anyone. There are only 32 of these jobs on the planet and only a handful become open annually with at least a dozen people fighting and clawing for every one of them.

Agree. 
dabol isn’t turning down a HC position to stay an OC. Not saying he won’t turn down the Jets for another HC position but he’s not staying in Buff even if Jets were his only HC offer

22 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

He’s Brian Daboll...

Understood, But I think its impossible to look at the jets current situation at QB and say ok i'll go there over some other place especially considering that its in division, against the big time QB you just developed.  I'm just not sure thats the job I would take if I were in his shoes.  With Lawrence, it makes it different because you could potentially have the best QB in the division.  Currently, you we have maybe the 3rd best and thats probably by default because Cam has been that bad this year..

I think he is the best of the Coordinators you could grab, and has Jets connections, I just am unsure with Darnold headlining the package its as attractive a job for him. 

59 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

If he’d actually want to come here.

But he will be probably coaching Lawrence, Herbert, or Watson next year.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Stark said:

Agree. 
dabol isn’t turning down a HC position to stay an OC. Not saying he won’t turn down the Jets for another HC position but he’s not staying in Buff even if Jets were his only HC offer

I dont think he'll stay either, I am just not sure he's going to take the Jets job over other jobs.  There isnt anything inherently enticing about it anymore aside from cap space and draft picks.  Youre competing in division against an extremely well built team with a potential top 5 qb and another ascending team in the dolphins all while trying to resurrect Darnolds failing career?  Not exactly what you want for your first HC gig.  

• Post of the Week 1

38 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

I could see Harbaugh still being interested.  

The news stories that Harbaugh would hire a certain backup qb make it 100 percent that woody would never hire Harbaugh 

I want to respect max no political rule so I hope I have not said too much. But let's just say that Harbaugh and the owners would hate each other 

11 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The news stories that Harbaugh would hire a certain backup qb make it 100 percent that woody would never hire Harbaugh 

I want to respect max no political rule so I hope I have not said too much. But let's just say that Harbaugh and the owners would hate each other 

Anyone competent would hate working for the Jets.  

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

If he’d actually want to come here.

But he will be probably coaching Lawrence, Herbert, or Watson next year.

Does Daboll have a SB ring? If not, he may stay with the Bills one more season if they don't win it all this year provided the Bills give him a pay raise, and I do believe their ownership would be more than willing to make Daboll the highest paid coordinator to keep him with Allen for another year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

agree, but bills getting 5 free agent OffLinemen few years ago is what mainly made allen,,If sam had all the time allen gets to look over field and then hohum I think I will scramble time then he would be good also

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Him or Arthur Smith seem like the most logical candidates now 

30 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Him or Arthur Smith seem like the most logical candidates now 

I think it is very risky to hire former coordinators as HC who have never shown that they can lead the team and organization.  Sometimes it works, and sometimes it does not.  

I think a Joe Brady goes to college for a while and HCs, and then goes to the NFL.  

Daboll and Arthur Smith are both mysteries to me.  Given the family Smith comes from, I don't see him moving to NJ to work for the Johnsons.  Smith ends up with the Falcons, Jaguars, even Cowboys.  Down South, better owners.  

With yesterday's convincing win over a far superior team, I think the Gase-O-Meter is reading much higher on the return.  JD can keep improving the roster, and Darnold and Gase get another spin.  Look for a QB picked lower than 2-Lance, the Florida QB, Wilson.  Like that. 

56 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Does Daboll have a SB ring? If not, he may stay with the Bills one more season if they don't win it all this year provided the Bills give him a pay raise, and I do believe their ownership would be more than willing to make Daboll the highest paid coordinator to keep him with Allen for another year.

Doubtful that Daboll who will be the hottest OC candidate in some time will pass up a head coaching job this offseason. 

Daboll and others will have a chance to coach the following:

• Trevor Lawrence
  • Justin Herbert
  • Deshaun Watson

Of course there are more variables to the situation ($, GM pairing, report structure, personnel say, etc) but turning down those 3 QB’s will be nuts.

I think Daboll goes to the Bolts, who not only have Herbert, but a really good roster ready to win now... in a market with low expectation/media-fan craze.

Trevor in Jax is still Jax, but they have a LOT of draft pieces and cap space, so that’s a close second.

Houston, no slight on Watson but that roster and lack of picks is rough so that puts them in 3rd.

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Other than Mahomes and Rodgers, who's better?

8 minutes ago, varjet said:

I think it is very risky to hire former coordinators as HC who have never shown that they can lead the team and organization.  Sometimes it works, and sometimes it does not.  

I think a Joe Brady goes to college for a while and HCs, and then goes to the NFL.  

Daboll and Arthur Smith are both mysteries to me.  Given the family Smith comes from, I don't see him moving to NJ to work for the Johnsons.  Smith ends up with the Falcons, Jaguars, even Cowboys.  Down South, better owners.  

With yesterday's convincing win over a far superior team, I think the Gase-O-Meter is reading much higher on the return.  JD can keep improving the roster, and Darnold and Gase get another spin.  Look for a QB picked lower than 2-Lance, the Florida QB, Wilson.  Like that. 

Oh yeah I’m not excited about either hire tbh I think they’ll both fall on their faces here. We will end up hiring one of them who will draft some idiot prospect at #2 probably the kid from BYU and he will be a bust like the last one we got. We just renewed our lease in the basement for another 10 years but hey at least our players are feeling good about 1-13!!! 

The Johnsons run their franchise like a medieval European royal family. When the King is away on state business, the imbecilic brother becomes regent. Politics are defined by court intrigue and courtiers grappling for favor and influence. Loyalty is valued over competence. Us serfs and peasants -- the source of the King's wealth -- are kept in a perpetual state of depredation. The only goal is to keep us just above the riot line. All the while, the royal treasury is used not for public works and to improve the state of the kingdom but like a personal piggybank for the royal family.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Except said QB 1. hasn't thrown a real pass in forever, and 2. is living off settlement money from the NFL and Nike endorsements. Saw how hard it was for Bell to come back after a year, now make that multiple years. It's not even an option. Politics has nothing to do with it. In the immortal words of Billy Martin, he'd take an outfield of Mao, Hitler and Stalin if they could all hit .350. Kaepernick cannot be effective any more. 

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

Except said QB 1. hasn't thrown a real pass in forever, and 2. is living off settlement money from the NFL and Nike endorsements. Saw how hard it was for Bell to come back after a year, now make that multiple years. It's not even an option. Politics has nothing to do with it. In the immortal words of Billy Martin, he'd take an outfield of Mao, Hitler and Stalin if they could all hit .350. Kaepernick cannot be effective any more. 

This week Jim Harbaugh says in public that hiring Colin is his first task when getting a job in the NFL. 

He actually said this. 

I would imagine woody would be against this 

Regardless of what Colin is or isn't worth. Harbaugh made his intention known