No Lawrence + No Cowher, nor Harbaugh

Bugg

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Might as well go all in on Brian Daboll at this point.

The guy has turned Allen into a borderline Top 5 QB in the league.

Maybe he can get the best out of Darnold as well. Especially if JD moves down from #2 and has the resources to really inject some talent into the skill positions.

Daboll looks like he's going to have his pick of jobs. I can't fathom why he would choose trying to revive the corpse of Sam Darnold over Watson or Herbert or Lawrence. 

A head coach would come here with a rookie QB. Trust me and you will see when darnold is traded he isn’t viewed as highly as many think he is. Only the people who “feel bad for Sam” and listen to people like Colin cowherd Think Sam is salvageable. 

There is 3 years (of majority) poor nfl tape and numbers on Sam Darnold, why would any person with a ounce of common sense come here and coach that when they could be coaching, Herbert, Watson or Lawrence? 

Not only does a rookie QB represent a fresh new start on a rookie contract it also buys that new head coach more time and leeway (something very underrated) 

Come on, let’s all just use some common sense and take the feelings out of the equation and this situation isn’t too hard or complicated to figure out

35 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Doubtful that Daboll who will be the hottest OC candidate in some time will pass up a head coaching job this offseason. 

Daboll and others will have a chance to coach the following:

• Trevor Lawrence
  • Justin Herbert
  • Deshaun Watson

Of course there are more variables to the situation ($, GM pairing, report structure, personnel say, etc) but turning down those 3 QB’s will be nuts.

I think Daboll goes to the Bolts, who not only have Herbert, but a really good roster ready to win now... in a market with low expectation/media-fan craze.

Trevor in Jax is still Jax, but they have a LOT of draft pieces and cap space, so that’s a close second.

Houston, no slight on Watson but that roster and lack of picks is rough so that puts them in 3rd.

I checked. Daboll actually has 5 superbowl rings from his various times as a position coach with the Pats. So, he clearly will leave Buffalo for the first HC offer. He has nothing to gain by staying in Buffalo.

4 hours ago, Bugg said:

Not only did the Jets probably lose the franchise QB, highly doubtful any Big Swinging Dick head coach is coming here to figure out who his QB is between Darnold, Fields or whom ever is the dog's breakfast of suck that figures to be the choice going forward. Strongly think Lawrence made this a very intriguing and attractive job notwithstanding the jets are owned by 2 morons. Instead, it will remain a career graveyard run Lucky Sperm Club imbeciles. Besides, the Johnsons would rather keep $10 million in their bank accounts than pay it someone who knows how to run an NFL team with any semblance of competence. Hymie Whatshisname is highly....something? 

Florham Park's exective office looks like 6th grade intrigue with a really cool training facility,passing notes back and forth about who's cool and who's not. And Joe Douglas wondering what the hell he managed to get himself into and how to get out with his reputation somewhat intact. 

At this point they will either retain the super offensive genius with the people skills of a doorstop because nobody with functioning gray matter will consider it. Or as usual New York Jets hire The Next Coordinator Who Spends His Interview Using The Word "Toughness" Often. This f___in' franchise....

Agree completely with this except JD is no better than the rest of them.

To sound like a wuss for 5 minutes...

We share a stadium with a more respected franchise, with a better ownership legacy, and less comically miserable fans. (Sorry, truth.)

We play in NewJersey, not even in our declared home state. (New Jersey sucks - no offense.)

The new stadium sucks compared to other new stadiums and facilities. (No apologies. I hate the place.)

Our owners are idiots from a football/organizational standpoint. Not to mention, Woody being on the wrong side of where many players/coaches are politically. (Please, don’t start arguing about politics, I’m simply pointing out a possible reason they’d not want to work/play for him.)

Basically, I look at this organization like it’s a farce. The comic relief of the NFL. 

Losing out on Trevor? Just another notch in our clown suspenders.

I’m going to enjoy cheering on the Colts with my wife, and hope for the Johnsons to sell the team in the meantime. I don’t know what else to do at this point. It’s not fun or rewarding.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, jgb said:

The Johnsons run their franchise like a medieval European royal family. When the King is away on state business, the imbecilic brother becomes regent. Politics are defined by court intrigue and courtiers grappling for favor and influence. Loyalty is valued over competence. Us serfs and peasants -- the source of the King's wealth -- are kept in a perpetual state of depredation. The only goal is to keep us just above the riot line. All the while, the royal treasury is used not for public works and to improve the state of the kingdom but like a personal piggybank for the royal family.

QUOTED FOR TRUTH 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Agree completely with this except JD is no better than the rest of them.

In this last draft alone JD did a great job and for those who want to be critical of the Offensive line they should take into account it takes time for 5 new guys on the line to get in sync. Yesterday they played against one of the best defenses in the NFL and a great DL and they did pretty well with subs no less. Im not sure exactly what JD has done wrong but this was not a team he needed to spend on too much just yet. Next year might not even be the year to open the bank. We are going to have a large upcoming draft class and based on how that works out you can then begin filling holes with FA Money maybe a #1 WR that's not a diva maybe a pass rusher or a shut down corner. The way this team looks now in year 1 of a rebuild I think Douglas has them on a 3 year plan and so far with Becton, Mims, leading the way I think we are in a good position moving forward. You know better than to think this OL would perform out of the gate with what amounts to no preseason and little in the way of offseason  workouts. I would say a totally new OL takes about half a year 8 games to get it going right add in the fact there was no preseason and it takes you right to the point we are at now. Add a few bodies in this draft and suddenly things change quickly. Be patient JD knows what he's doing and it seems obvious what route he wants to take when he let some of our older players move to competitive situations and complied more picks.

59 minutes ago, bitonti said:

QUOTED FOR TRUTH 

The clowns of the NFL, thinking drumlines and cheerleaders are important. DocotroffGlattHymie running your team as opposed to anyone familiar with actual football, not so much. Love the TV ads with Wishusen intoning seriously how , with the purchase of season tickets, you can reserve your chance to attend playoff games. 

• Upvote 1