- Foles                   261

- Tug                       93 (LOSS)

- R Wilson              248

- N Mullens            252 (LOSS)

- Cam                    119

- K Murray             173

- Brady                  216

- Sam                    207 (LOSS)

So Sam was better than average against the best passing defense in the league?

Did you read the name of the QBs on that list the he performed better than? Kyler Murray is the only guy in that list worth anything.

51 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Look I'll let you wallow in the trendy Sam Darnold hate.  Last season he had 19tds to 12 ints and a 62% completion percentage.  This year Gase was HORRIBLE, the roster was putrid, he lost his best and favorite WR.  

So please keep calling me an apologist for wanting to see Sam with an actual NFL Head Coach and NFL-caliber WRs and OL for once.  I'll let you make more excuses for Belichick ok

#1: I didn't call you an apologist. That sounds like your sub-conscious.

#2 I was bearish on Sam Darnold before it was trendy. In fact, it was exceedingly unpopular. Don't penalize me that the fanbase caught up.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Did you read the name of the QBs on that list the he performed better than? Kyler Murray is the only guy in that list worth anything.

The point was of ALL the names on the list, no one performed extraordinarily better than Sam except Josh Allen. A lot of the names have much more experience than Sam.

We won the game with a decent, controlled performance from Sam. Enjoy something in life... Happy Holidays.

1 hour ago, Irktusk1957 said:

The point was of ALL the names on the list, no one performed extraordinarily better than Sam except Josh Allen. A lot of the names have much more experience than Sam.

We won the game with a decent, controlled performance from Sam. Enjoy something in life... Happy Holidays.

All of them are bad QBs. Sam was decent, cool it means nothing because he’s not good.

8 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

He was efficient and didn't sh*t his pants against a good defense. I think it's a stretch to say he played well. We had under 300 yards of total offense.

Goff and the Rams just completely pissed down their leg and played like trash.

I agree the Rams O played like trash, I just don't see how you can expect this O to lite it up against the Rams D. 

8 hours ago, Jet hustle said:

Exactly.    He threw for 207 yards and were acting like he won a playoff game.....   he sucks.   Worst qb in nfl...   tired of looking at him week in and week out

So how are you going to feel if we end up using the second pick on Fields or Wilson and start seeing reruns of this because I'm actuality, those QB's left after Lawrence are not better than Sam? 

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

I just have to ask for clarification. Are you saying all the QB's on the list are bad? Joah Allen is Bad? Russell Wilson is Bad? Tom Brady is bad? 

All of the QBs that put up numbers worse than Sam Darnold are bad was my point. The victory lap over a terrible season capped off by a mediocre performance is weird to me. But I definitely should’ve been more clear.

8 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

All of the QBs that put up numbers worse than Sam Darnold are bad was my point. The victory lap over a terrible season capped off by a mediocre performance is weird to me. But I definitely should’ve been more clear.

I don't think anyone except Allen put up significantly better numbers. 

To the OP: It is only 1 win, and the opportunity cost of this victory is extraordinary under the circumstances, but for once we did actually have a coherent game plan and we executed it on offense. Sam dinked and dunked all day, but it was exactly what he should do against the Rams defense. We ran the ball well in critical situations and continued to actually leverage the Big Ticket. Heck, we even threw to Herndon, who caught the ball. My one continued gripe is that we dont do enough to manufacture touches for Mims. With his size and catch radius we should be figuring out what he is comfortable with at this point and doing it ten times a game. 

I wish we had shown up prepared for several of our recent match games so we could enjoy our games on Sunday's a bit more...I just wish that our defense had gotten outscored a bit more. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

So how are you going to feel if we end up using the second pick on Fields or Wilson and start seeing reruns of this because I'm actuality, those QB's left after Lawrence are not better than Sam? 

the same results on a rookie contract.. opposed to same results on a 4th and 5th year contract?  you answered your own question