Fields is an elite prospect too

#1 and #2 prospects in the country coming out of High School.  Both are total studs.  Fields is the highest rated player to ever take the field for OSU. He also had the brains to go to Harvard.  You could do worse than Justin Fields. 

That said, trade back, sign Winston, score 40 a game.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Want no part of Fields.  He is not Elite!   It's clear now you draft Penei and build around our average QB and give him huge contract.   It was Clear  NO one wanted Lawerence  on Jets NFL wants Jacksonville to be good its bad market,   some of the holding calls I saw should never had happened.    Then you have Rams 3-4 on 37 and you throw 2 bombs? And don't kick 53 field goal?   Jets drafted Great left tackle Becton.  Who looks like and elite player, who is injury prone and you play him in a game you need to loose?  I look forward to watch National championship and Jags prospect win it all again. Fire entire  Jets org.  !!  They forget its about the fans , not the players! 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Didn't Josh Allen have some bad college games? 

Its not over till the fat lady sings (Jax vs Bears), or maybe a laying down Colts but aren't we always looking for perspective? 

Justin Fields season has been 100% affected by Covid. Practice time, very few games, 22 players didn't suit up last Saturday! TWENTY TWO! 

None of this is in our control so I'm not going to make myself sick over it. There's always more than 1 way to skin a cat. I'm sure in 2018, Bills fans at first were like, great...we ended up with the worst QB in the draft. Look at Herbert, an afterthought. 

You just never know? 

Allen has special physical traits, so you can look past a couple of bad games. His arm jumped out at you. Just like Lamar Jackson's mobility jumped out at you.

Fields does nothing that wows you. I don't see the big deal with him.

• Upvote 3

I was a Fields fan until i actually watched him in every game this yr, They played only two good teams, Indiana and Northwestern, and he sucked in both games. Not wasting top pick on him. I believe it was ‘defense wins championships‘ that got me to really watch him. Might be 4th best qb in this draft

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, riggy001 said:

I was a Fields fan until i actually watched him in every game this yr, They played only two good teams, Indiana and Northwestern, and he sucked in both games. Not wasting top pick on him. I believe it was ‘defense wins championships‘ that got me to really watch him. Might be 4th best qb in this draft

Saturday he was overwhelmingly...average. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, riggy001 said:

Ohio State was without 22 players this week - 22! That's ridiculous. They still figured out a way to win. They will be a different team when their players come back. Then you can evaluate Fields during the playoffs.

• Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I trust you more than most on this, but I have not been impressed with what I’ve seen.

He’s a really smart kid and I think someone who can process the game and understand it quickly has potential to be coached up at the next level. I have no other opinion but smart is good. 

• Post of the Week 1

22 minutes ago, StrawberryFields said:

???

That would be like drafting Jamal Adams over Watson and Mahomes. 

It’s not ideal but I’d still take it over drafting someone like Fields or Wilson at #2.

If the Jets could move down and come away from the first two rounds with Kyle Pitts, DeVonta Smith and another cornerstone piece for the OL...then Darnold could very well show considerable improvement under a new HC.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

25 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

People seem to not like Fields because they are comparing him to Lawrence. I get that. Fields isn't the same caliber of prospect.

But I like Fields and think he'll be a good QB in the league. I'd have no problem with the Jets taking him at 2.

Whoever we have at QB is going to have to be able to beat guys like Mahomes and Trevor (and Watson and Lamar, not to mention others) in big games though.  

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

Lmaoo all these takes sound like josh allen again.. jets fans are the best scouts when it comes to QB.. 

I loved allen. Loved Watson-Loved Mahomes Loved Farve -all guys I wanted the jets to get- I also loved marino to but we got stuck with Kenny O. Unlike our previous GM  I knew Hackenburg was never going to be a NFL QB and I also know the Morgan Pick was a waste though some say he is our tom brady lol

However, I am not perfect in the QB arena I thought P Lynch was going to be good in Denver  

How do we know Fields isn't a better McNabb with the right coaching? The dude is super smart obviously, unlike the blockhead Sam who really does need a dumbed down offense. I'm starting to think Gase can't even run a full offense with Sam still because you can't get him to get off his reads quick enough to move on & that's why he's always late to his 2nd & 3rd read. 

There is a lot that happens in 4/5seconds when the ball is snapped. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

To hell with taking a QB at this point

Continue adding talent at the skill positions and bolstering the OL.

Have Darnold and Morgan slug it out in a legit open QB competition next year.

Somewhat agree- unless Trask is there for the Seattle pick.

40 minutes ago, JiF said:

#1 and #2 prospects in the country coming out of High School.  Both are total studs.  Fields is the highest rated player to ever take the field for OSU. He also had the brains to go to Harvard.  You could do worse than Justin Fields. 

That said, trade back, sign Winston, score 40 a game.

yup.... don't know if its Winston, but trade back... acquire picks and more talent.. speed up roster rebuild.

5 minutes ago, Jetster said:

How do we know Fields isn't a better McNabb with the right coaching? The dude is super smart obviously, unlike the blockhead Sam who really does need a dumbed down offense. I'm starting to think Gase can't even run a full offense with Sam still because you can't get him to get off his reads quick enough to move on & that's why he's always late to his 2nd & 3rd read. 

There is a lot that happens in 4/5seconds when the ball is snapped. 

They dont know anything. The same one dissing fields now . Will be same one saying how did we pass on him if he becomes successful. Similar to watson , mahomes, allen, jackson ect..  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1