Fields is an elite prospect too

1 hour ago, riggy001 said:

Yeah threw for100 yds for whole game, 44% comp, and 2 ints. Rb had 330 yds, and defense gave up zero pts in second half, yeah, Justin was reason they won.......

No this is alternate reality inverse math world where Sam sucks for only throwing for 200 yards in a win over the Rams but Fields is the next Mahomes because he threw for 100 yds versus Northwestern 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Yes.

You are right, he got offers from Yale, Harvard and Northwestern - https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2019/12/why-ohio-state-quarterback-justin-fields-intelligence-sets-him-apart.html

FWIW, I'm still devastated over yesterday, but Fields has looked better this year at times. I think he has some Steve McNair to his game. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

57 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:
2021 NFL Draft: Updated quarterback rankings
  • Justin Fields Ohio State.
  • Trevor Lawrence Clemson. © Rich Barnes-USA TODAY Sports.
  • Trey Lance North Dakota State. © Tim Heitman-USA TODAY Sports.
  • Zach Wilson BYU. © George Frey/Pool Photo-USA TODAY Sports.
  • Kyle Trask Florida. ... 
  • Mac Jones Alabama. ... 
  • Sam Ehlinger Texas. ... 
  • Jamie Newman Georgia.

Lance opting out makes him a 'riskier' pick. Only 1 season of college football, which is discouraging. 

Kyle Trask has, or at least will, comfortably surpass him on most teams' boards. 

Just now, predator_05 said:

Lance opting out makes him a 'riskier' pick. Only 1 season of college football, which is discouraging for the scouts. 

Kyle Trask has, or at least will, comfortably surpass him on most teams' boards. 

I DO NOT want a Qb with one season of experience in college.  Been there got the t-shirt with Sanchez

• Upvote 1

OK. Some points:

I am not an avid CFB watcher but have been trying to catch the QBs this year since it seems quite possible will we take one. Some comments and questions:

1. Comment: If I am going to be honest I am not sure I see the once in a lifetime QB in Lawrence. He has such a good team and makes so many easy throws it's hard to get a handle on him. I think he looks really good, and seems to have exceptional awareness and reading skills but he just does not pop as much as I would expect.

2.  Comment: I have been very impressed with Zach Wilson. His skills pop out at me. Seems to be solidly above his level of competition and almost seems like he is still developing. I love his release and the fact he adjusts his arm angles. Mobile enough, I would be happy if the Jets got him. Not surrounded by elite talent.

3. Comment: Not so impressed with Fields. Do not love his motion and reminds me of a lower rent Cam, who I think is and has always been wildly overrated. 

4. Question: What exactly is the knock on Matt Jones? I realize he is surrounded by elite talent but he seems incredibly solid and throws a great deep ball. Would not be unhappy if we get him either

5. Comment: Unlike many hear I have this weird feeling that the Jets still wind up with the #1 pick. There is a certain pressure on players especially veterans to not be on the worst team in the NFL. The Jets no longer have that pressure but Jax does and both of their games are very winnable.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Icer said:

I don't know what kind of mental hoops you have to jump through to think Sam Darnold is on track to be a Top 10 QB.

He wouldn't even be a Top 10 QB in the AFC

You should hope im right. He's our starter. No way Darnold isn't our starter next year. No way

Fields is Geno Smith 2.0. Overrated as a prospect and just as entitled and soft as Geno. Didn't like the situation at UGA so he essentially invented  an alleged "racial issue" when a BASEBALL PLAYER "allegedly" and "reportedly" used a racial slur (That player was dismissed from Georgia, based on heresy evidence, btw) to force his way out of UGA and get to Ohio State and go to a place where he could start immediately,  after feeling underused his freshman year. 

Looks like a bitch and folds when things are hard.

No thanks.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Fields is Geno Smith 2.0. Overrated as a prospect and just as entitled and soft as Geno. Didn't like the situation at UGA so he essentially invented  an alleged "racial issue" when a BASEBALL PLAYER "allegedly" and "reportedly" used a racial slur (That player was dismissed from Georgia, based on heresy evidence, btw) to force his way out of UGA and get to Ohio State and go to a place where he could start immediately,  after feeling underused his freshman year. 

No thanks.

Hmmm, we’re you there when this incident took place? Seems like your the one passing judgements based on your hearsay evidence.

lol at some of the self righteous posters on this site 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Hmmm, we’re you there when this incident took place? Seems like your the one passing judgements based on your hearsay evidence.

lol at some of the self righteous posters on this site 

LOL. Dude wanted out of UGA and a way to a better situation at OSU without losing a year of eligibility, and found his reason. 

Darron Lee's mom would be proud.

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

LOL. Dude wanted out of UGA and a way to a better situation at OSU without losing a year of eligibility, and found his reason. 

Darron Lee's mom would be proud.

Huh? Did I miss something? Darron Lee’s mom? Must be a bad joke but anyways....

He wanted to play for the better team without losing a year, (like any player thinking of their nfl future) a incident happened that gave him his out, he took it and now is a pussy? 

That’s some amazing logic there my friend ?

p.s, Fromm who became six round trash starting over a future top 10 nfl pick.... yea it’s nothing to see over there at UGA, it was all him just being a “pussy”?

3 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Huh? Did I miss something? Darron Lee’s mom? Must be a bad joke but anyways....

He wanted to play for the better team without losing a year, (like any player thinking of their nfl future) a incident happened that gave him his out, he took it and now is a pussy? 

That’s some amazing logic there my friend ?

p.s, Fromm who became six round trash starting over a future top 10 nfl pick.... yea it’s nothing to see over there at UGA, it was all him just being a “pussy”?

You're right! Let's go out and get that guy who clearly can't handle adversity and resorts to manipulating minor incidents to avoid it!

He'll do GREAT in the New York market....

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Ohio State Qbs make USC Qbs look good in the nfl

The most ridiculous argument of any against Fields.  Michigan QB's suck, Texas Tech Qb's suck , ND Qb's suck , Pitt Qb's suck , Tenn QB's suck . I guess guys named Brady, Mahomes , Montana, Marino and Manning shouldn't have been drafted because their schools don't produce QB's. 

8 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Theres nothing wrong with Fields he is QB1 in most classes. He just isnt TL. He is definitely higher rated prospect than Sam coming out. Zach wilson is pretty good prospect himself. 

jd isnt risking his career on Sam. I wonder who he takes.

So was Geno for a while.....

5 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Meanwhile people are raving about Fields game managing a win over Northwestern 

That was by far the worst game I've seen from him but he was clearly playing through injury and having 22 players out, including his best WR, probably played a factor.  

It's crazy, I know, but sometimes, QB's have bad games.  

5 hours ago, maury77 said:

You are right, he got offers from Yale, Harvard and Northwestern - https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2019/12/why-ohio-state-quarterback-justin-fields-intelligence-sets-him-apart.html

FWIW, I'm still devastated over yesterday, but Fields has looked better this year at times. I think he has some Steve McNair to his game. 

Yes, very intelligent, high character kid, who loves ball.  He's a blue chip prospect, that's really all there is to it.  You can debate it and nitpick his every little flaw but the bottom line is, he's a QB1 in most drafts.

5 hours ago, predator_05 said:

I'm surprised more people aren't talking about Kyle trask.

Best QB in college football this year. 

@JiF ?

He's just limited.  Literally cant handle pressure at all.  Goes flat footed and dumb as soon as someone is in his face.  Just a limited athlete, with an average arm.  Solid back up maybe but dont see him as a starter in the NFL. 

That said, with his story, how can you count him out?

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

That was by far the worst game I've seen from him but he was clearly playing through injury and having 22 players out, including his best WR, probably played a factor.  

It's crazy, I know, but sometimes, QB's have bad games.  

Is Trask good

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

He's just limited.  Literally cant handle pressure at all.  Goes flat footed and dumb as soon as someone is in his face.  Just a limited athlete, with an average arm.  Solid back up maybe but dont see him as a starter in the NFL. 

That said, with his story, how can you count him out?

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Is Trask good

6 hours ago, bitonti said:

Prediction

TL goes 1 and there's no other top 5 qb 

Maybe Wilson sneaks into the top 10 or 15 the big Ben/cutler area 

Fields exposed himself this season as a dude with no feel or timing maybe a late 1 early 2 

Thats just not going to happen. Not in a million years. 

fields will be in the top 5 and there will be 3 qbs taken in the first 12 picks.

9 hours ago, StrawberryFields said:

Don’t forget this is a 2 QB draft and Wilson and Lance are pretty good too. It is not Lawrence or Bust. 

Reading this board is getting me depressed. Draft Sewell and roll with Darnold??

Trust Douglas to find the next QB. When he talks to Ryan Day about how special Justin is he will see the light. 

If it’s a 2 qb draft, why are you talking about 3 qbs?

5 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

No thanks.

Didn't know that story about the racial BS.  Hmmmm