Fields is an elite prospect too

8 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

We are picking 2.  I could see douglas trading back a few spots in certain scenarios, but ultimately ii think douglas trades darnold to a team like the Steelers and drafts his own guy.  Plus you cant pay darnold, he hasn’t shown he deserves a big contract.  

Sign schuster, draft Wilson and build around the new guy.  Fields is very much a product of the ohio state system and elite talent around him.

You realize schuster is a slot wr right, we already have crowder who is as gd or better.... that is not the wr we are signing, bank on it.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Fields is Geno Smith 2.0. Overrated as a prospect and just as entitled and soft as Geno. Didn't like the situation at UGA so he essentially invented  an alleged "racial issue" when a BASEBALL PLAYER "allegedly" and "reportedly" used a racial slur (That player was dismissed from Georgia, based on heresy evidence, btw) to force his way out of UGA and get to Ohio State and go to a place where he could start immediately,  after feeling underused his freshman year. 

Looks like a bitch and folds when things are hard.

No thanks.

And you know he invented it how?

Because that is so out of the realm of possibility he was called a racist slur 

The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I've never heard that. @Lith, have you heard that?

Yup.  His argument to the NCAA to grant his immediate eligibility to play at Ohio State was that he was subject to racially insensitive behavior at Georgia.  He was transferring to escape the hostile environment. 

An environment that was so hostile that his sister is still at UGA as a scholarship softball player. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, JiF said:

#1 and #2 prospects in the country coming out of High School.  Both are total studs.  Fields is the highest rated player to ever take the field for OSU. He also had the brains to go to Harvard.  You could do worse than Justin Fields. 

That said, trade back, sign Winston, score 40 a game.

Its funny, Fields has a couple of subpar games (for him) but still balled out when it counted, and yet we have Darnold who wishes he had the college career Fields has had, and has had plenty of subpar games in the NFL but folks expect him to perhaps "turn it around" with the right players and coaches around him.    I think I would rather see Fields with many of those weapons than Darnold.  

6 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Fields is Geno Smith 2.0. Overrated as a prospect and just as entitled and soft as Geno. Didn't like the situation at UGA so he essentially invented  an alleged "racial issue" when a BASEBALL PLAYER "allegedly" and "reportedly" used a racial slur (That player was dismissed from Georgia, based on heresy evidence, btw) to force his way out of UGA and get to Ohio State and go to a place where he could start immediately,  after feeling underused his freshman year. 

No thanks.

Were you there ? If not how would you know he made it up? Lets evaluate a QB off of that. One of the dumbest things I’ve ever read 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

No thanks.

heresy evidence

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Its funny, Fields has a couple of subpar games (for him) but still balled out when it counted, and yet we have Darnold who wishes he had the college career Fields has had, and has had plenty of subpar games in the NFL but folks expect him to perhaps "turn it around" with the right players and coaches around him.    I think I would rather see Fields with many of those weapons than Darnold.  

I'm not even advocating drafting him.  I'm just defending the notion he sucks.  He had a bad game.  So did TL vs. VaTech. Trask turned it over 3 times in a loss vs. LSU at home.  It happens, that doesnt mean they suck.   It's easy to forget after 3 games this season Fields had more TD's than Incompletions.   The playoffs should be a good opportunity to see how he bounces back but I'm with yeah, I dont know how much more you need to see of Darnold and Fields is twice the prospect.   And looking ahead, I'm not sure who will be in the next few drafts. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm not even advocating drafting him.  I'm just defending the notion he sucks.  He had a bad game.  So did TL vs. VaTech. Trask turned it over 3 times in a loss vs. LSU at home.  It happens, that doesnt mean they suck.   It's easy to forget after 3 games this season Fields had more TD's than Incompletions.   The playoffs should be a good opportunity to see how he bounces back but I'm with yeah, I dont know how much more you need to see of Darnold and Fields is twice the prospect.   And looking ahead, I'm not sure who will be in the next few drafts. 

Fields is way more talented than Darnold. Hopefully the right coach can unlock his next level talent. How many bad years of Darnold do people need to see? I’d love Matt Campbell and Fields 

I like Fields.  Was a big fan of his coming into the season.  He probably hurt his draft stock by playing, he seems to have regressed closer to the player I saw in very limited action at Georgia his feshman year.  One read and take off and run.  I though he went through progressions much better last year.  He has a strong arm, very accurate and he is athletic. 

He has played a couple of bad games.  He also has had dozens of teammates in and out of the lineup due to Covid and has not played games in consecutive weeks since early November.  Hard to get into a rhythym given the situation.  That said,  I am concerned by what I have seen fro him this year.

The playoff against Clemson will be huge for him.  As will the entire pre-draft process.  Probably going to rewatch a couple of his games last year to compare with what he has put on tape this year, which i did not think would be necessary until yesterday.

• Upvote 2

No thanks.

Current NFL QB's who were/are soft bitches because they transferred:

Joe Flacco, Nick Foles, Russell, Wilson, Bakery Mayfield, Kyler Murrary, Joe Burrow, Jeff Driskel, Will Grier, Garnder Minshew, Jacoby Brisett, Riley Ferguson, Jacob Eason, Cam Newton, Kyle Allen, 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, JiF said:

Current NFL QB's who were/are soft bitches because they transferred:

Joe Flacco (Went down to a FCS Division school so he could learn how to play Quarterback)

Nick Foles (Sucked) 

Russell Wilson (5th Year Senior wanted to keep playing)

Bakery Mayfield (Bitch who had his feelings hurt)

Kyler Murrary (Midget went to the biggest program in a Garbage Conference)

Joe Burrow 170lb weakling went to be surrounded by big talent)

Jeff Driskel (Who?)

Will Grier (Who)

Garnder Minshew (LOL)

Jacoby Brisett (LOL, who?)

Riley Ferguson (Who?)

Jacob Eason (Sucks)

Cam Newton (Larceny, thrown out of U of F for being a scumbag - Same place that was OK with Aaron Hernandez...)

Kyle Allen (LOL) 

Solid arguements and comparisons to a so called FQB that fake cried because supposedly someone told him somebody might have allededly said said the "N word" in the stands out of his earshot so he could get off of a team where he wasn't the starter and demand rules be waived for him because he's special and stuff.....

Cool.

Its not that he transferred, it's the how and why that matters. Dude is an entitled bitch. Great fit for the NY Market.

8 hours ago, flgreen said:
Is this the #Jets 2021 QB? If can’t get Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson is the 2nd best QB in this #NFLDraft Trade back few spots, Douglas uses haul to get even more quality players, take Zach Wilson #Jets #TakeFlight

NFL_2020_2021_TakeFlight.png
#NYJvsLAR
EpuGbMAXIAAdy4T?format=jpg&name=small

This doesn't really make any sense. If he's awesome and the guy you need, why wouldn't you just take him at 2 and call it a day? Same for Fields?

The fact that neither guy is being talked about as 1B or a shoe-in at 2 kinda sucks. I can't believe they won that ******* game yesterday. I mean I can but this draft is gonna suck.

14 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Solid arguements and comparisons to a so called FQB that fake cried because supposedly someone told him somebody might have allededly said said the "N word" in the stands out of his earshot so he could get off of a team where he wasn't the starter and demand rules be waived for him because he's special and stuff.....

Cool.

Its not that he transferred, it's the how and why that matters. Dude is an entitled bitch. Great fit for the NY Market.

He transferred because Jake Fromm, as a freshman, had the Dawgs within one play of a National Championship.  It was Fromm's team.  Fields was used as a gadget player and was stuck behind Fromm.  He wanted a chance to run an offense, and he was not going to get that chance at Georgia.  Rather than sit behind Fromm for a second year he transferred to a place where he could run an offense.  And last year, he did it very well.

The racial incident was his justification to the NCAA to grant him immediate eligibility at OSU.  It is not the reason why he transferred.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Cool.

There are stories all over college sports like this.  Racism, mistreatment by coaches, coming home to be near sick family members who aren't really that sick, mental illness.  The list is PRETTY long for questionable reasons requested and granted for immediate eligibility waivers.  That's why it's no longer a thing.

If you want to bash Fields for it, so be it, but I wouldn't act like it's some unique scenario.

Edit:. I worded that first portion poorly.  Those all should be legitimate reasons to grant a waiver.  There were many, many instances where it was questioned if that is truly what happened 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

He transferred because Jake Fromm, as a freshman, had the Dawgs within one play of a National Championship.  Fields was used as a gadget player and was going to be stuck behind Fromm.  He wanted a chance to run an offense, and he was not going to get that chance at Georgia.  Rather than sit behind Fromm for a second year he transferred to a place where he could run an offense.  And last year, he did it very well.

The racial incident was his justification to the NCAA to grant him immediate eligibility at OSU.  It is not the reason why he transferred.

His attorney and the school have said a bunch of times that the slur incident was not their justification for the waiver. Would actually be inclined to believe that one as well, the NCAA has been granting waivers for immediate eligibility at much higher rates the last few years. They grant something like 65-70% of them now for all sports. They just approved them universally for all basketball players for this season.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

His attorney and the school have said a bunch of times that the slur incident was not their justification for the waiver. Would actually be inclined to believe that one as well, the NCAA has been granting waivers for immediate eligibility at much higher rates the last few years. They grant something like 65-70% of them now for all sports. They just approved them universally for all basketball players for this season.

Intereseting.  Never heard that before.  Still think the transfer was more playing time and usage related given the QB situation at Georgia.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Yup.  His argument to the NCAA to grant his immediate eligibility to play at Ohio State was that he was subject to racially insensitive behavior at Georgia.  He was transferring to escape the hostile environment. 

An environment that was so hostile that his sister is still at UGA as a scholarship softball player. 

It's cuz it's easier being a woman.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

26 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

There are stories all over college sports like this.  Racism, mistreatment by coaches, coming home to be near sick family members who aren't really that sick, mental illness.  The list is PRETTY long for questionable reasons requested and granted for immediate eligibility waivers.  That's why it's no longer a thing.

If you want to bash Fields for it, so be it, but I wouldn't act like it's some unique scenario.

Edit:. I worded that first portion poorly.  Those all should be legitimate reasons to grant a waiver.  There were many, many instances where it was questioned if that is truly what happened 

I honestly think he sucks as a prospect and is soft A/F....and that whole incident was overblown by his "people" to garner sympathy and gain immediately eligibility. 

Whatever. I want no part of him, all I see in him is a Geno Smith Clone....huge numbers throwing to wide open guys, but no fortitude or mental toughness.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

My personal preference is Trey Lance.   But I wouldn't take him at two. I prefer to trade down a few picks.  A lot is going to happen between and the draft so we are still in a very good position even if we finish at 2.   I think I take Zach Wilson rather then stand pat with Darnold.   

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Lith said:

35 minutes ago, Lith said:

He transferred because Jake Fromm, as a freshman, had the Dawgs within one play of a National Championship.  It was Fromm's team.  Fields was used as a gadget player and was stuck behind Fromm.  He wanted a chance to run an offense, and he was not going to get that chance at Georgia.  Rather than sit behind Fromm for a second year he transferred to a place where he could run an offense.  And last year, he did it very well.

31 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Now I'm really confused....lol.

So, racism is bad, but not bad enough to get your sister out of the environment,  but really bad when you can't beat out Jake Fromm.

Right? 

11 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Now I'm really confused....lol.

So, racism is bad, but not bad enough to get your sister out of the environment,  but really bad when you can't beat out Jake Fromm.

Right? 

What exactly is confusing? He transferred because he wasn't going to play. Super normal. He was granted an immediate eligibility waiver, also super normal. He experienced racism as a black man in the South and/or on a college campus. Again, all very normal. Fields and his attorney have all stated that the incidents with racism were not a factor in his transfer or in his waiver filing. Seems pretty cut and dry. The fact that his sister is still there supports his claim.

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Cool.

What’d fields do, fck your girlfriend?  The guy left to play, like tons of players do.  Professional players sign big money contracts and still bitch their way out of them.  It’s what happens now. 

• Sympathy 1

I don't like to pretend I have a clue who's going to be good or who is gonna bust, especially when it comes to QB's. I've been burned by two many guys. 

I don't like what I see from Justin Fields, but Joe Douglas is the one paid the big bucks to make these decisions, and he's going to have a big one if the Jets do in fact draft 2nd.

Meh, Justin Fields isn't worth getting banned over. I'll walk away from this one. Hell, I'm pretty close to walking away from the Jets today, so Justin Fields and the garbage NFL prospect that he is isn't really worth any more thought. 

A Merry Christmas,  Happy Hanukkah,  and Joyous Kwanzaa to one and all!