Roster/Salary Cap Management Question

If we do go for Sewell at 1.02, how does that work a couple of years down the line when both Becton and Sewell would need to get paid? 

QBs get paid tons of money too (even not great ones - look at Jimmy G) so would we be in an untenable position to fill other needs?  I'm certainly no expert in this but I have a hunch it's going to be something like this that's going to cause Joe D to trade down.

6 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

I dunno, ask the Cowboys. They seemingly paid their entire oline

They didn't pay their QB yet and it was unclear they were going to.  Admittedly they (very foolishly) paid Zeke Elliott though.  Regardless, though, their defense is brutal.  

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

They didn't pay their QB yet and it was unclear they were going to.  Admittedly they (very foolishly) paid Zeke Elliott though.  Regardless, though, their defense is brutal.  

You could argue paying Cooper $20 million/per was a mistake too having now drafted Lamb.

We would be able to afford both. We’d just have to spend less on the interior line. So keep getting low cost veterans on the interior or rookies.

The Bucs spent $40 mil on their OL and have Brady. The Eagles spent $39 mil and have Wentz. Titans and Packers each spent $47 mil.

Again it’ll come at the expense of other positions.

I mean you can definitely pay two top OTs. Presumably if we went with Sewell he would be a RT. If we did go this route - even if we blew our nut on terrible contracts in FA this year, they'd all be a wash by the time those guys rookie contracts ended - so you'd have significant time to review their play and plan accordingly. 

If for whatever reason you didn't think paying two OTs top dollar was worth it.. there are definitely worse things a team can do from a roster construction standpoint then draft a top OT, get 4-5 years of outstanding play and then trade them for a premium. Look at what the Dolphins did with Tunsil...