Jump to content

Are you originally from New York or New Jersey?


Where are you originally from?  

50 members have voted

  1. 1. Where are you originally from



Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

lol the only time I've heard stories of Poughkeepsie was from my uncle (who I was named after) told me stories how he was once MUGGED leaving a corner store in broad daylight thnx God he loved to tell the story 🤣

Lol my family moved to NC when I was 4. The only things I remember about Poughkeepsie are our house, yard, a friend's kitchen and the ShopRite.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Alabama

How'd you because a Jets fan I'm guessing the Joe Namath roots of Alabama to NYJ?

Speaking of Alabama I've always believed Alabama is one state that's deserving of an NFL Franchise you guys are absolutely crazed for and rabid football fans. 

Alabama Football games would become music concerts full of rabid football fans lol I'd absolutely love it

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Defense Wins Championships said:

How'd you because a Jets fan I'm guessing the Joe Namath roots of Alabama to NYJ?

Speaking of Alabama I've always believed Alabama is one state that's deserving of an NFL Franchise you guys are absolutely crazed for and rabid football fans. 

Alabama Football games would become music concerts full of rabid football fans lol I'd absolutely love it

Joe Namath for sure.  Jets also had Richard Caster, who was from my hometown and Jerome Barkum who was from just down the road. Paul Crane from Alabama was also on the team in those early years when I was a becoming a fan

Alabama games are music concerts now - an announcer said last year "We were watching a rock concert and a football game broke out" - it's becoming sort of a trend and maybe a bit over the top IMHO

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Monticello, IA.

I'm guessing some of your neighborhoods were more populated than my hometown.

Yea we had a pizza spot (Lefferts BLVD) right up the block from where I stayed off 118th called JOHN'S PIZZA 🍕 that had more traffic than probably all of Iowa 🤣

Anyone from NY/NJ ever been to John's Pizza in South Ozone? I swear to this day it's the best pizza in all of Queens!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sarge4Tide said:

Joe Namath for sure.  Jets also had Richard Caster, who was from my hometown and Jerome Barkum who was from just down the road. Paul Crane from Alabama was also on the team in those early years when I was a becoming a fan

Alabama games are music concerts now - an announcer said last year "We were watching a rock concert and a football game broke out" - it's becoming sort of a trend and maybe a bit over the top IMHO

Yeah but you can't deny the fact that Alabama natives are crazed/rabid football fans and love your former players so much to the point of following them to a specific NFL franchise and sticking with them forever #100%Respect!

I've got a childhood friend of mine from H.S days down here in Florida who's family is from Alabama and are DIE HARD GB Packers fans because his Grandfather (still alive) followed Bart Starr from Bama to Green Bay. My friend, his Dad and Grandpa are all crazed Bama/Packers fans still to this day. 

That household alone is why I know Alabama as a STATE is so deserving of an NFL Franchise to one-day call their own. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2020 at 11:54 AM, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yea we had a pizza spot (Lefferts BLVD) right up the block from where I stayed off 118th called JOHN'S PIZZA 🍕 that had more traffic than probably all of Iowa 🤣

Anyone from NY/NJ ever been to John's Pizza in South Ozone? I swear to this day it's the best pizza in all of Queens!

VIP pizza Bell Blvd Queens-Sicilians melt in your mouth. Best I’ve ever had. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...