Woody Johnson

JETSY14

8 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

How did Gase cost them that chance? If he sucks as bad as you think he does why would you make a move?  When teams make moves it usually gives them a jolt.

I have to explain this to you too ??? 

He is bad enough to lose most every game and consistently deliver you horrendous performances.  He was fortunate enough to run into a Rams team that was sleeping and a Browns team that was on the Covid list.

He can get you those wins. alright.  The ones that don't count for anything but the loss of Trevor Lawrence...

BUT... He should never have been allowed to.

• Upvote 2

Of course he cares about winning.  It's ridiculous to think otherwise.

And yes, of course he cares about making money too...

But...they don't spend to the cap because they don't have anyone to spend it on and are in a continual rebuild - when you're rebuilding you're being prudent and planning.  When they had a competitive team they were always in cap trouble.

Jet fans:  "Jets are so stupid for giving out these big free agent contracts"

Same Jet fans: "Jets are so cheap for not going to the cap max every year"

You want to say he's stupid and makes bad decisions...I'm right there with y'all but to say he doesn't want to win is ridiculous.

10 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I have to explain this to you too ??? 

He is bad enough to lose most every game and consistently deliver you horrendous performances.  He was fortunate enough to run into a Rams team that was sleeping and a Browns team that was on the Covid list.

He can get you those wins. alright.  The ones that don't count for anything but the loss of Trevor Lawrence...

BUT... He should never have been allowed to.

So it was good fortune for him but wouldn't have been for the guy who replaced him?

And I don't want to hear any excuses about cleveland, did Gase and the jets get excuses earlier this year when all their regular WRs were out?

On 12/21/2020 at 2:16 PM, JETSY14 said:

Some of you delusional Jet fans need to wake up and smell the coffee.  Woody doesn't care about winning he only cares about one thing.... the franchise value

He bought the team for 635 million and this one win sh*t show is worth 3.55 billion dollars.  That's what Woody cares about. 

For all the fans that are upset that the Jets won a game... point your finger at upper management. The jaguars management wanted Trevor  Lawrence and made sure Minshew was on the bench bc he gave them the best opportunity to get wins. If this organization really wanted to secure Trevor they could of did more to" tank ".

Get it thru your head Woody doesn't care about playoffs or wins he cares about his pocket. As long as his franchise value is growing he doesn't give a yuck about this team. 

even woody understands that winning makes the team more valuable

On 12/21/2020 at 2:26 PM, SAR I said:

Worst Fans in Sports.

PERIOD.

SAR I

On 12/21/2020 at 2:27 PM, joewilly12 said:

Says the #1  worst NY Jets so called fan. 

joewilly12 

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

joewilly12 is the worst NY fan ?

you don't have to sign your posts 

Not me dude/dudette SOR I 

joewilly12

On 12/21/2020 at 2:34 PM, JETSY14 said:

I forgot to add the fact that Woody also sits on millions of dollars on cap dollars.  If we had an owner that bought this organization  for 3 billion we would see immediate results.  The new owner would care about turning a profit and making this franchise great.  Right now we have a lame duck owner filling this pockets doing the absolute minimum for this franchise. 

Correct. Also, there's no cap for coaches nor front office personnel. Johnson in theory could pay Cowher $12 million per year, or pay Ozzie Newsome $10 million to be club president. Or, crazy idea, both. Alas, Jets will hire The Next Coordinator again, and wouldn't  you know, he will be among the lowest paid head coaches in the NFL. Again.

On 12/22/2020 at 7:58 AM, nyjunc said:

Some facts about Woody.  Woody ran things from 2000-2016(17 seasons).  In that time the Jets are:

6th in playoff wins in AFC since 2000(which includes 2017-current)

13th in NFL in playoff wins

1 AFC East title (same number as 1970-1999, 2017-2020)

2 AFC Championship Games (same number as 1970-1999, 2017-2020)

6 playoff appearances (just 2 less as other 44 seasons in Jets history)

6 playoff wins (same as other 44 seasons in Jets history)

Never had consecutive losing seasons

And he did all this during the Brady era which was the greatest dynasty the sport has seen.

And about Woody being cheap.  The man spent millions to get the West Side Stadium, wasn't his fault it didn't work.

He spent a mil on a new locker room at the old meadowlands just before it was being torn down for the benefit of current players at the time and attracting FAs.

He spent millions to build a new practice facility that is still considered among the best in the league.

He constantly allowed his GM to go out and get and big $ players they could to help improve the team.

Did he make mistakes post AFC Championship Game runs?  Absolutely starting with firing Tannenbaum and hiring Idzik but even with all that we never had back to back losing seasons under him.

The Woody hate is so insanely ridiculous.  

A smart man would have recognized very early the WSS was NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. So something you say is a point in his favor in fact shows he's an idiot. 

5 hours ago, nyjunc said:

So it was good fortune for him but wouldn't have been for the guy who replaced him?

And I don't want to hear any excuses about cleveland, did Gase and the jets get excuses earlier this year when all their regular WRs were out?

What you wrote above is idiotic.    I'm not going to bother explaining why.   Your lack of comprehension has me convinced that you are not capable of interpreting my response.

You deserve Woody Johnson and Gase.  I truly hope Johnson gives Gase a five year extension just for you and the other fools that are not absolutely and unforgivably outraged over f*cking up Jets fans chance at drafting Trevor Lawrence. 

9 hours ago, THE BARON said:

What you wrote above is idiotic.    I'm not going to bother explaining why.   Your lack of comprehension has me convinced that you are not capable of interpreting my response.

You deserve Woody Johnson and Gase.  I truly hope Johnson gives Gase a five year extension just for you and the other fools that are not absolutely and unforgivably outraged over f*cking up Jets fans chance at drafting Trevor Lawrence. 

All you had to do was say that your didn't have anything to counter what I wrote and just walked away rather than grandstanding to deflect from your irrational thoughts on the matter.

5 hours ago, nyjunc said:

All you had to do was say that your didn't have anything to counter what I wrote and just walked away rather than grandstanding to deflect from your irrational thoughts on the matter.

Against my better judgement, I'm going to try to explain this to you.

Your quote: 

"So it was good fortune for him but wouldn't have been for the guy who replaced him?"

The interim coach would come along with new set of circumstances.  Those circumstances, as stated would be a standing order to evaluate the bench for next year.

Do yo understand that and what it means ??? 

Anyway...

I'm not pissed off at other fans including you.  Apologies for acting out like an ass.  

The quintessential vandal in this case as it has been all along is the jack-ass trust fund twit that is firmly in the grip of the Dunning- Kruger Effect.

The Jets are going to be a drag as long as he owns the team. 

34 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Against my better judgement, I'm going to try to explain this to you.

Your quote: 

"So it was good fortune for him but wouldn't have been for the guy who replaced him?"

The interim coach would come along with new set of circumstances.  Those circumstances, as stated would be a standing order to evaluate the bench for next year.

Do yo understand that and what it means ??? 

Anyway...

I'm not pissed off at other fans including you.  Apologies for acting out like an ass.  

The quintessential vandal in this case as it has been all along is the jack-ass trust fund twit that is firmly in the grip of the Dunning- Kruger Effect.

The Jets are going to be a drag as long as he owns the team. 

But your point was that he cost the Jets Trevor Lawrence which is completely untrue.  If anything he gave us a better shot at Lawrence.

Woody hasn't been involved in day to day decisions since the 2016 season.  It's his brother that is the problem.  We need Woody back.

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

But your point was that he cost the Jets Trevor Lawrence which is completely untrue.  If anything he gave us a better shot at Lawrence.

Woody hasn't been involved in day to day decisions since the 2016 season.  It's his brother that is the problem.  We need Woody back.

Gase put them in the running for TL even thought it was not his plan.  Ultimately, he was allowed to cost Jet fans TL by being left in his position by Johnson and Douglas.  What you wound up with was a horrible record and NO SILVER LINING with TL to make up for it.  You lose and you lose.   And BOTH Johnsons are inept. 

If Douglas was actually the GM I had hoped he was, he would have gotten with Johnson and fired Gase before the Raider game, or at least, after it.

This season was a loss on all fronts.

1.  Horrible record

2. No Trevor Lawrence

3. The ultimate gut punch now realizing that Joe Douglas is not the guy I had hoped for.  If he was, the Jets would have locked up Trevor Lawrence.

There is no defending the Jets brass for this demonstrable disaster.  

They are a procession of idiots following fools

5 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Gase put them in the running for TL even thought it was not his plan.  Ultimately, he was allowed to cost Jet fans TL by being left in his position by Johnson and Douglas.  What you wound up with was a horrible record and NO SILVER LINING with TL to make up for it.  You lose and you lose.   And BOTH Johnsons are inept. 

If Douglas was actually the GM I had hoped he was, he would have gotten with Johnson and fired Gase before the Raider game, or at least, after it.

This season was a loss on all fronts.

1.  Horrible record

2. No Trevor Lawrence

3. The ultimate gut punch now realizing that Joe Douglas is not the guy I had hoped for.  If he was, the Jets would have locked up Trevor Lawrence.

There is no defending the Jets brass for this demonstrable disaster.  

They are a procession of idiots following fools

100 percent agree... Douglas dropped the ball as he has the ability to fire Gase. Another front office genius. The front office let Gase fire Greg Williams meanwhile he is totally inept and shouldn't be firing anyone except himself. 

Atleast Gase had a pair of balls and did that too try to save his own ass. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Another day another nyjunc post pretending that the internet and phones don’t exist and that woody was actually busy with the made up job Trump gave him in England

On 12/30/2020 at 8:26 AM, Philc1 said:

Another day another nyjunc post pretending that the internet and phones don’t exist and that woody was actually busy with the made up job Trump gave him in England

The Jets were run completely different these last 4 years than when Woody was here.  If you couldn't see that then you weren't looking