If the Jets sign Jameis Winston he's our best QB in over 20 years - change my mind

Philc1

3 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

If sams turnovers drive you crazy wait until Winston takes the field in jets green 

I can handle turnovers.  It's the inability to put points on the board with consistency that has driven me crazy about all the Jets QB's since Testaverde and 11 games out of Favre.  

A 3 TD, 2 INT day with consistency is fine.  Those 0 TD, 1 INT days are the absolute worst.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

5 hours ago, slats said:

I don’t hate it. Sign him, keep Sam another year, draft Sewell or trade out of #2 and build. The whole roster is a ****show. JD might be able to draft. Move down and add extra picks anywhere from #34 down...  it’s not the worst plan. 

Me: About to lock thread.

Also Me:  See @slats say its a solid move.

Also Me Again:  Nothing to see here goes on with my night.

:)

• Haha 1

Don’t hate it 

If they don’t draft a QB and Morgan is still getting the hackenberg treatment, you gotta bring in someone to compete with Darnold. 

Id do it on a short term show me type deal , but also realize if Winston becomes the starter we are basically screwed cause it is not a long term answer 

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

I hate Winston as a QB. 

Trading for Wentz might be one of the few moves I'd think would be worse than signing Winston. He's been that bad(and according to all accounts is a bad locker room guy).

Hard to evaluate- I wrote Philly’s season off even before their OL deteriorated all the way. The only starter left is Jason Kelce, not surprising Wentz was the most sacked QB in the league. I read if Philly trades him they eat a bunch of dead money making his contract something like 3 years and around $15M per

Just now, cant wait said:

Hard to evaluate- I wrote Philly’s season off even before their OL deteriorated all the way. The only starter left is Jason Kelce, not surprising Wentz was the most sacked QB in the league. I read if Philly trades him they eat a bunch of dead money making his contract something like 3 years and around $15M per

I watched a bunch of the Eagles the past few weeks - they don't want to play for Wentz anymore. Looks like a totally different team with Hurts at QB.

Just now, Skeet Ulrich said:

I watched a bunch of the Eagles the past few weeks - they don't want to play for Wentz anymore. Looks like a totally different team with Hurts at QB.

I chalked it up to the running QB being a better fit for the OL that can’t pass protect but I agree they look much better 

Speaking to the media, Arians said that Winston does “so much good and so much outright terrible.” He indicated that the organization will have a lot to evaluate as far as Winston’s future with the team is concerned.

Arians is pretty much as good as it gets when it comes to evaluating QB's.  Winston reminds me of Ricky Vaughn aka Wild Thing (Formerly of the Cleveland Indians).  Instead of coaching he might just need really thick glasses.  

6 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Wentz is another option.  We could probably get him for a late rd pick

people keep harping on his contract but the Jets are only $60 million under the cap plus Wentz would probably restructure just to get out of Philly