Can you see the NFL adjusting their draft format after this season?

I do see them changing it yes. Strength of schedule is very archaic as a tie breaker to decide such a franchise altering thing.

Lottery, head to head game, coin flip, those aren't the answers either. There just needs to be a cleaner initial tie breaker like conference record, points scored, etc. 

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

A lottery system would increase tanking, not decrease it.  That's been proven to be the case in the NBA.

I don't know about the NBA as I don't watch it, but same thing in the NHL. The lottery system put in place because the Edmonton Oilers were last and got the 1st overall pick every other year has only increased tanking. Now it's so important because a team could fall down several spots and the NHL draft top 8-10 is a whole different class of player than when you get into 11-20. 

The NFL draft you have really good players throughout the 1st round so maybe the draft wouldn't have the same impact, but fixing bad with stupid is never a good idea.  

• Upvote 1

Why would the nfl change the draft?  Teams like Cleveland and Detroit were doormats for very long stretches. They were never accused of tanking on purpose and they also got loads of top draft picks. And the fact the jets bear the scams proves on “ on any given Sunday” motto the nfl wants.

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

this would be like the WWF in 80's investigating why the Iron Sheik is so unpopular 

We are Heels and this is the way the league wants it 

Why are we heels? We're not heels, we're just a joke. I wish we were ******* heels. The Patriots are heels.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JTJet said:

I do see them changing it yes. Strength of schedule is very archaic as a tie breaker to decide such a franchise altering thing.

Lottery, head to head game, coin flip, those aren't the answers either. There just needs to be a cleaner initial tie breaker like conference record, points scored, etc. 

If there is a tie, they should pick a neutral field and fist fight. Who's going to beat Becton???? No one on the Jags. We would be picking #1 and there'd be a PPV fight thrown in. NFL, call me. Let's talk.

I don't know what the right answer is, but there is something inherently wrong that as a fan I have to root for my team to lose in order to be able to draft a "generational" type of talent. A true race to the bottom of the barrell. This is wrong on so many levels and really is sad that we have to resort to this. But I'm not sure what can be done to fix it without making it worse.

This kind of reaction would happen anytime a team blows their chance at a potentially franchise changing player over one meaningless win. Any other season, 1 single win and a 1-15 season is still more than bad enough to get you the 1st pick. But because it's the Jets and because Lawrence is supposed to be so good, suffering through a 1-15 season gives Jets fans the chance to watch the Jags get Lawrence while we have a chance at the QB consolation prize who also happened to look like dog sh*t this weekend. 

The only light at the end of the tunnel in this horrible season was Lawrence and that's gone now. Fans have a right to he pissed and now the media literally has nothing to talk about besides how pathetic this franchise is because there is not even something to look forward to anymore 

3 hours ago, StrawberryFields said:

I can’t imagine Goodell and the owners are thrilled with the Jets getting this much negative attention for winning a game. At the very least this SOS BS should go away and they should settle it with a coin flip. 

I’d guess some sort of prime time lotto is coming down the pipeline at some point. Ratings galore and more money for these dbag owners. 

It is stupid for fan to have to root for their teams to lose. 

So if they do a lottery you’d be ok everyone will be ok with the jets go 1-15 then lose the #1 pick to a team that goes 4-12? I think not. Do this for a second if we lose out on TLaw. Name 3 QBs in the NFL right now you’d start your franchise with. Which ones are 1st overall pick? Crazy ain’t it 

4 hours ago, billo83 said:

I don't know what the right answer is, but there is something inherently wrong that as a fan I have to root for my team to lose in order to be able to draft a "generational" type of talent. A true race to the bottom of the barrell. This is wrong on so many levels and really is sad that we have to resort to this. But I'm not sure what can be done to fix it without making it worse.

It's no different in any other sport with a draft. I'm an Islanders fan and for years the highlights of the season was how low they would finish, the draft lottery, and the draft.

13 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Want to make a bunch more money NFL?  Have a game to decide who gets the pick.  Jets vs Jacksonville to decide who gets the pick.  The incentive for the players is a nice fat prize pool with the winning team getting double of the losing team.

Great idea. 

Even better: play it ON THE DAY of the DRAFT. As a lead-in to the draft, an undercard. 

Ratings would go through the roof.