No Jets Voted to the Pro Bowl

peekskill68

Mekhi Becton, Braden Mann leading AFC Pro Bowl voting at their positions

26925678b82542ad92708c733c8af201.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1
November 27, 2020 11:45 am

While there’s a huge difference between Mekhi Becton and Braden Mann, they both could be headed to the Pro Bowl in their first season in the league.

Becton leads all AFC tackles in fan voting with 41,193 votes, while Mann leads all AFC punters with 26,248 votes.

16 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Good.

Because @ 1-13 none of them deserve to be voted for anything that resembles anything close to 'success'. 

And after Becton's "not real fans" remarks I hope he never gets voted into the Pro Bowl by us fake fans. 

Fake fan

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Good.

Because @ 1-13 none of them deserve to be voted for anything that resembles anything close to 'success'. 

And after Becton's "not real fans" remarks I hope he never gets voted into the Pro Bowl by us fake fans. 

you ever get tested for being bipolar?

• Haha 1

The only player we have thats  even close to a pro bowler is Marcus Maye.  Decide for yourself if you take him or Simmons from the Broncos (case can be made for both)

You could also make an outside case for Becton bc of how dominant he looks at times (but not the whole season), but still he faces stiff competition from some truly allworld  players.

8 hours ago, Hael said:

The only player we have thats  even close to a pro bowler is Marcus Maye.  Decide for yourself if you take him or Simmons from the Broncos (case can be made for both)

You could also make an outside case for Becton bc of how dominant he looks at times (but not the whole season), but still he faces stiff competition from some truly allworld  players.

Disagree.  Quinnen Williams absolutely should have made the pro bowl

Last I checked this was an individual player honor and not a team honor

• Upvote 1

When you are 0-13 when voting ends you Henry aren't getting any pro bowl players.  Do people remember how Mo Lewis for snubbed a bunch of times then when we started winning he started going to pro bowls.  In general they don't reward bad teams.

The good news is we have what look to a franchise LT and a stud DT.  Great building blocks.

Just now, nyjunc said:

When you are 0-13 when voting ends you Henry aren't getting any pro bowl players.  Do people remember how Mo Lewis for snubbed a bunch of times then when we started winning he started going to pro bowls.  In general they don't reward bad teams.

The good news is we have what look to a franchise LT and a stud DT.  Great building blocks.

it’s an individual honor

On 12/21/2020 at 8:21 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

Good.

I heard his remarks, but expecting him to say something else publicly is not reality. No-one in the Jets organization - least of all Douglas, for example - could ever say anything different out loud and not expect to hear from Goodell. "Yes, we are deliberately trying to throw games for real fans." Knock, knock. Who's there? The Commissioner. The whole ridiculous concept has shades of Constipated Bill written all over it for what it's worth. You can hold a gun to Belichick's head and he never has and never will admit to ever having cheated about anything and you're pissed off at a player for saying he has pride? Just figured I'd juxtapose that for inspirational purposes.

I'm definitely in the camp that the Jets were not trying to sink their own battleship on purpose. At least not on the level that some people purport. They're just that bad coaching-wise and it infected the entire mediocre team like Typhoid Mary. To the Jets misfortune the Rams pulled a Jets in a game that was critical for them and the Jets pulled a win out of their ass on any given Sunday.

The flip side of this whole tank idea is that the Jets after a fashion were losing on purpose and now they just decided to win on purpose? It doesn't add up. You know why? Because it doesn't add up.