Baker Mayfield.

11 hours ago, jgb said:

Called the Baker bounce back. Baker’s sophomore slump was a Kitchens slump. I was called a Baker ball washer. Sometimes being right just has to be its own reward.

But I guess this isn't one of those times since you are rewarding yourself publicly LOL!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Icer said:

You're a homer if you think that Baker Mayfield isn't better than Darnold.

The stats show it

The results show it

The eye test shows it

The only thing you can hold up to refute it is hope

You’re a homer if you think Baker was better in year 2, he wasn’t by any measure. 

Baker is looking like a legit QB because of the coaching staff and their offensive philosophy. Their running game is the opposing defenses  number 1 priority. If you can’t stop the run, you aren’t stopping the clevland offense. Baker looks competent but he also has the benefit of denfenses having to respect the run. It’s a huge deal, and allows baker to have better looks. Those safety’s and line backers having to take a step forward before they take a step back is allowing guys to be open which in turn allows baker to make easier throws. Completing passes leads to confidence as the game goes along. 

I also can say the same thing about Tannenhill over in Tennessee. You can blame gase all you want for his slow start to his career but I’ve watched a ton of titan games this year. Tannenhill is benefiting greatly from opposing safety’s bitting hard on play action passing. In the red zone, if Henry is lined up in the back field, opposing defenses are selling out to stop him which is allowing Tannenhill to hit wide open guys.

If you have a so-so qb, a great running game and some confidence is the difference between a starting qb and a bust.

29 minutes ago, QB1 said:

You’re a homer if you think Baker was better in year 2, he wasn’t by any measure. 

Sure, except for TD's, almost 1k more Passing Yards, YPA, Rushing Yards, QBR, and Rushing TD's

And lets ignore Year 1 and 3 for reasons in this comp

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Icer said:

Sure, except for TD's, almost 1k more Passing Yards, YPA, Rushing Yards, QBR, and Rushing TD's

And lets ignore Year 1 and 3 for reasons in this comp

You said he was better from the first snap, not accurate based on year 2. What’s your agenda?

Just now, Icer said:

I don't have an agenda for Baker Mayfield, in fact I think he's quite mediocre. I just think Sam Darnold sucks

Any reference to another QB as being better than Darnold means you must be carrying the other QB's love child!!

• Haha 1