Sam Monson from PFF is 100 percent right here

Well that’s a hot take from the boys at PFF. 

No way we take Fields at 2 we are trading out. Someone will want that big tackle.

Thanks to Mr Gase’s final FU to the fans the W ensures we will be in misery for a long time to come. Let’s stack some picks rebuild the feeble roster we have.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

What the f*ck?

"Literally never"?

I mean when The only ones to do so we’re who? Peyton Manning and John Elway? Exactly proves my point the odds are In favor of Trevor actually underwhelming compared to another qb prospect in this class.

i know this seem so hard to accept because the mainstream media’s propaganda campaign thats declaring Trevor a nfl great already but let me bring you all back to reality: NOTHING IS SET A STONE AND REGARDLESS ODDS ARE MORE HIGHER THAT TREVOR WILL UNDERWHELM.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

I mean when The only ones to do so we’re who? Peyton Manning and John Elway?

Do you know what the word literally means?

And off the top of my head:

• Newton
  • Murray
  • Palmer
  • Stafford
  • Bradshaw
  • Aikman

Along with Peyton and Elway were all quite clearly the best QB's of their class. And there's plenty of good ones like Luck and Eli who just happened to go first in drafts with other great QB's. Your point is f*cking asinine. 

Edit: Add Drew Bledsoe to the list. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

It's amazing how we are doomed to repeat our mistakes. We are going to make the same mistake as we did with Mark Sanchez. Both Mark and Sam are statistically bottom tier QB's that are overvalued because of prior investment. Tannenbaum decided to extend Mark because of this prior investment despite the proof staring him in the face. Douglas is going to repeat it. I feel it based on the talking points from the Jets mouth pieces on twitter.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Jetsbb said:

It's amazing how we are doomed to repeat our mistakes. We are going to make the same mistake as we did with Mark Sanchez. Both Mark and Sam are statistically bottom tier QB's that are overvalued because of prior investment. Tannenbaum decided to extend Mark because of this prior investment despite the proof staring him in the face. Douglas is going to repeat it. I feel it based on the talking points from the Jets mouth pieces on twitter.

The Jets can bring in another QB to compete with Sam

just don’t let Woody do the picking.  Last time we ended up with Tim Tebow

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

It all depends on how well this team gets constructed besides QB.  The qb position is the most important but any QB would have trouble with this group. If the jets build a solid oline that can pass and run block then their QB option are much better. There seems to be quite a few good vet QBs available in free agency and then there are others who could be traded for. The point is to make sure the no. 2 pick is used properly if that’s what they end up with.  And should they end up with the top pick then Lawrence should be the guy.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, StrawberryFields said:

There is no guarantee they will be in position next year to draft a top QB. Also among the top projected 2022 QBs is USCs Kedon Slovis. 

Oh please, every year there is a Wilson and Fields. This year there is a guy who has better numbers than most but after Lawrence, not so much. Nobody is going to cry over not taking this years other QB prospect. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

All the people down on fields and Wilson, as if is set in stone who will be great on the next level, all I have to saY is SHAME ON YOU!

Its a fact too that the #1 pick literally never becomes the top QB of their class so why would this time be any different? Lawrence isn’t a perfect prospect and a perfect prospect never existed. 

This same sad logic is the reason the jets don’t have pat Mahomes or Watson in the roster now smfh 

Lawrence is thought to be on the level of Peyton and Elway so you take that. I haven't heard that about the others. We can get next year's version of Fields. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The Jets can bring in another QB to compete with Sam

just don’t let Woody do the picking.  Last time we ended up with Tim Tebow

Mineshew would beat out Sam. He has far batter stats and already beat Sam Darnold in a game last year.

• Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

I doubt Sam gets a new deal from the Jets unless he plays next season and has a winning record

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Mineshew would beat out Sam. He has far batter stats and already beat Sam Darnold in a game last year.

I can not stomach the fact that fans here will take whatever garbage another team casts off instead of Sam

If we move on from San, I want a shot at greatness, not a freaking QB from a 1 win team. 

• Upvote 3

Isn’t Sams contract like 5 million in 2021? Hell, just draft Sewell, draft a stud WR & RB, and grab a guy like Minshew or Winston & let them battle it out. What the hell did you draft Morgan for if he doesn’t battle it out too? 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

15 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Lawrence is thought to be on the level of Peyton and Elway so you take that. I haven't heard that about the others. We can get next year's version of Fields. 

This was the exact thought process in 2017 and how did that workout? 

The Jets are sitting at the top of the draft and do not have trade up. Take the QB! 

16 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I can not stomach the fact that fans here will take whatever garbage another team casts off instead of Sam

If we move on from San, I want a shot at greatness, not a freaking QB from a 1 win team. 

I mean, that garbage is better than Sam though.  He’s the garbage we need to cast off.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

All the people down on fields and Wilson, as if is set in stone who will be great on the next level, all I have to saY is SHAME ON YOU!

Its a fact too that the #1 pick literally never becomes the top QB of their class so why would this time be any different? Lawrence isn’t a perfect prospect and a perfect prospect never existed. 

This same sad logic is the reason the jets don’t have pat Mahomes or Watson in the roster now smfh 

Could you imagine if Fields or Wilson is in that category and we passed on them to build around Sam Darnold?  lololololololol - that's actually the most likely scenario with the Jets.  Any DT's worth #2 overall?

It also is worth mentioning, the first QB taken has rarely ended the best QB of the class. Kyler Murrary, Winston, Luck.  Otherwise, literally every single draft of the last the decade the best Qb wasnt the first taken and in some cases, it wasnt even the 2nd QB taken.  And as you mentioned, TL is far from perfect and far from generational.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Could you imagine if Fields or Wilson is in that category and we passed on them to build around Sam Darnold?  lololololololol - that's actually the most likely scenario with the Jets.  Any DT's worth #2 overall?

It also is worth mentioning, the first QB taken has rarely ended the best QB of the class. Kyler Murrary, Winston, Luck.  Otherwise, literally every single draft of the last the decade the best Qb wasnt the first taken and in some cases, it wasnt even the 2nd QB taken.  And as you mentioned, TL is far from perfect and far from generational.

There are two options.  QB at 2, or trade for Stafford.  That’s it.  Those are the choices.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, StrawberryFields said:

This was the exact thought process in 2017 and how did that workout? 

The Jets are sitting at the top of the draft and do not have trade up. Take the QB! 

I don't agree. You think Fields is can't miss? Based on what? I remember seeing dozens of mocks the year we took Adam's and only a handful had the Jets drafting a QB. Fields does not look like a guy that is a sure thing at the pro level. He has all the tools to succeed but so did Sam. I rather fix the rest of the team and take a guy in 2022

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

There is another post with a lot of successes at first overall. You might want to take a look at it. 

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't agree. You think Fields is can't miss? Based on what? I remember seeing dozens of mocks the year we took Adam's and only a handful had the Jets drafting a QB. Fields does not look like a guy that is a sure thing at the pro level. He has all the tools to succeed but so did Sam. I rather fix the rest of the team and take a guy in 2022

So what is your plan at QB? Now the Jets can only take “generational” QB prospects? No, they are going to have to settle for a worse QB prospect that they will likely need to trade up for. 

5 hours ago, StrawberryFields said:

There is no guarantee they will be in position next year to draft a top QB. Also among the top projected 2022 QBs is USCs Kedon Slovis. 

OK Monson you made a mistake -- you did not build around a rookie QB. You build a talented team and then insert the rookie QB into a finished, or nearly finished, product.

Compounding the Darnold mistake would be settling for sloppy seconds at a rookie QB and putting him under center on a bad team.

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

Do you know what the word literally means?

And off the top of my head:

• Newton
  • Murray
  • Palmer
  • Stafford
  • Bradshaw
  • Aikman

Along with Peyton and Elway were all quite clearly the best QB's of their class. And there's plenty of good ones like Luck and Eli who just happened to go first in drafts with other great QB's. Your point is f*cking asinine. 

Edit: Add Drew Bledsoe to the list. 

Thank you for further proving my point Albert Einstein, that list is very short now can you name the ones to completely flame out for comparison? Because I promise you the list is way higher smfh 

If you take the QB just for the sake of taking the qb, you run the risk of pushing the rebuild another year if he busts. However, if you take someone like Sewell, who plays a position much easier to project forward and is widely believed to have all pro potential, you can set up sam or the next QB (whoever it is) for success.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

There is another post with a lot of successes at first overall. You might want to take a look at it. 

Meh, I could counter with the 1st overalls who didnt go to the Super Bowl/didnt have success.   Or I could point out the last 1st overall to win one was Eli Manning, drafted 16 years ago and that Big Ben and Rivers were/are arguably better.  So not sure how any of that is relevant but fun exercise nonetheless, I guess.  Before him it was his brother, drafted in 1998 and then who? Jim Plunkett? Who won it for a different team?  Not really relevant but I hear ya.   If I were a betting man, I'd bet on TL having the best career but the point remains.  It's been a while since we've seen a 1st overall hoist a Lombardi.