Bengals win last night was HUGE

IndianaJet

On 12/22/2020 at 9:06 AM, Ghost said:

We lost out on the top prize. I’m over this sh*t. 

Exactly how I feel. The prospect of a super oline is nice, but I can't get myself excited for it. This board and all @Defense Wins Championships cheerleading for Lawrence got me really f*cking pumped to draft a QB prospect like that. After getting excited for that, there is just no other scenario that I can give crap about. 

I know the Seahawks found Wilson after Luck was drafted, but let's be real. Thats not happening for the Jets. We're the team that suffers through an Adam Gase led 1-15 team and can't even land the 1st overall pick. I've never in my life been this disinterested in this team, and it sucks. 

• Thumb Down 1

On 12/22/2020 at 8:49 AM, Sonny Werblin said:

IMO, The chances of JD staying at #2 are slim. There is no player available who is worthy of being the second overall pick and fills a position of need. You can not spend a #2 on Sewell and put him at RT, JD will trade out because he has so so many holes to fill.

didn't we have this problem a few years ago at number 3?

16 minutes ago, bitonti said:

That didn't happen 

I mean yes and no. Most people don't differentiate between Leonard's predraft press and Quinnen's. I think you probably pumped Warmack and Cooper more than you should have in terms of the viability of drafting a guard top 10, but nothing that would have suggested to me that you put them on the same level as Nelson.

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

@Sperm Edwards

Find a quote of his. Prove him wrong for us. 

???

a baseless accusation such as above should come with a quote UP FRONT or an apology on the back end 

for what I can remember I never liked Jon Cooper not enough anchor

I liked Warmack better than some not as much as the big dogs 

check this out from Wikipedia 

ESPN draft analyst Todd McShay considered Warmack the best guard prospect he's seen since Steve Hutchinson, who went 17th overall to the Seattle Seahawks in the 2001 NFL Draft.[10] NFL Network analyst and NBC commentator Mike Mayock considered him the best football player in the draft.[11] Not since Chris Naeole in 1997 had a guard been selected in the top-10 of an NFL draft, but Warmack was considered to have a chance.[12]

I'm not saying we didn't have some form of this discussion but what it comes down to is resource allocation

The Jets took Dee Milliner  at 9 and Sheldon at 13 that year, Chance Warmack went 10 to the Titans a team Sperm beats up for letting Jack Conklin go 

just to be clear, Sperm is concerned about drafting instant HOF tackle Penei Sewell at 2 in 2021 because he's concerned about what happens in 2026

5 full years from now 

Jesus Herbert Christmas let's just try to get through the near future 

and not cry about 2026

who knows what the salary cap will be in 2026? 

• Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, bitonti said:

a baseless accusation such as above should come with a quote UP FRONT or an apology on the back end 

for what I can remember I never liked Jon Cooper not enough anchor

I liked Warmack better than some not as much as the big dogs 

check this out from Wikipedia 

I'm not saying we didn't have some form of this discussion but what it comes down to is resource allocation

The Jets took Dee Milliner  at 9 and Sheldon at 13 that year, Chance Warmack went 10 to the Titans a team Sperm beats up for letting Jack Conklin go 

just to be clear, Sperm is concerned about drafting instant HOF tackle Penei Sewell at 2 in 2021 because he's concerned about what happens in 2026

5 full years from now 

Jesus Herbert Christmas let's just try to get through the near future 

and not cry about 2026

who knows what the salary cap will be in 2026? 

I remember it pretty distinctly, and I’d be happy to find it but the search dodesn’t work well. It was a whole thing about whether or not a guard is worth it at all (absent the guard being a final piece to a SB winner, but then such teams aren’t typically drafting this highly in the first place). 

You don’t draft a guy at #2 that you don’t have a realistic expectation of keeping, without losing the already awesome player at his same position. Not if the goal is winning a sustained winner, anyway. 

Your obsession with whether or not an individual player has accolades, irrespective of whether the team is improved more with him or the ones you passed up on, knows no bound. 

But if it makes you happy to think it’s because I care about saving cash for Woody Johnson, you go girl.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 12/22/2020 at 8:04 AM, IndianaJet said:

If you don't want Fields and would rather take Sewell last night was potentially game changing.

If the Bengals can beat the Texans next weekend (or pull out another miracle and beat the Ravens week 17) they would finish 4-11-1 and end up drafting in the 5 slot behind 4-12 Atlanta (remaining games Chiefs and Bucs) and 4-12 Carolina (remaining games Washington and Saints).

If you want Sewell over Fields, sitting at two we can start a bidding war between Atlanta and Carolina to trade up for Fields.  This would allow us to trade back a spot or two, pick up more picks and still take Sewell before the Bengals get to him.

Big big win for the Sewell guys.  Gotta pull hard for the Bengals @ Texans

All I'm capable of, really, is one fish, two fish, red fish, bluefish. I have a haddock.

11 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I remember it pretty distinctly, and I’d be happy to find it but the search dodesn’t work well. It was a whole thing about whether or not a guard is worth it at all (absent the guard being a final piece to a SB winner, but then such teams aren’t typically drafting this highly in the first place). 

You don’t draft a guy at #2 that you don’t have a realistic expectation of keeping, without losing the already awesome player at his same position. Not if the goal is winning a sustained winner, anyway. 

Your obsession with whether or not an individual player has accolades, irrespective of whether the team is improved more with him or the ones you passed up on, knows no bound. 

But if it makes you happy to think it’s because I care about saving cash for Woody Johnson, you go girl.

The Jets can draft Sewell and keep Becton until both retire let's start with that. They have more than enough free cap space to make that happen 

But let's pretend that they don't. If they trade Becton in year 5 for another first Rd pick (or more) that's also a jd friendly outcome 

The worst outcome, which you seem to endorse, is take a bust qb or pass rusher at 2 because it's a need? 

The bird in the hand, bro. All this talk about what they do in 26 assumes this player has value. 

Other than TL, Sewell is that most valuable resource. 

There's no trade down, there's no other moves to make. You take either TL or Sewell

to do otherwise is an obvious reach / likely bust 

Also you can't find the quote about Warmack cause it doesn't exist. Google and archive. Org you won't find it 

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The Jets can draft Sewell and keep Becton until both retire let's start with that. They have more than enough free cap space to make that happen 

But let's pretend that they don't. If they trade Becton in year 5 for another first Rd pick (or more) that's also a jd friendly outcome 

The worst outcome, which you seem to endorse, is take a bust qb or pass rusher at 2 because it's a need? 

The bird in the hand, bro. All this talk about what they do in 26 assumes this player has value. 

There's no trade down, there's no other moves to make. You take either TL or Sewell

Also you can't find the quote about Warmack cause it doesn't exist. Google and archive. Org you won't find it 

Sewell is NOT as valuable to the Jets as he would be to teams who do not have franchise left tackles already in place. 

There are five highly regarded QBs besides Lawrence. The Jets will have their pick of the litter. You do not draft a player who you do not need at #2 because you are afraid of being wrong. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

There's no trade down, there's no other moves to make. You take either TL or Sewell and TL to do otherwise is an obvious reach / likely bust 

People say they think quarterback is important but they're lying because they're always looking for reasons not to do something about it. One more year for this guy to figure it out. Wait for a better spot next year.

At the same time you're falling all over yourselves trying to rationalize a need for two left tackles who can't stay on the field. Because it looks like that's what is going to happen so as loyal fans it is now your job to start talking yourselves into the idea.

A guy who played twenty games cannot be the surest safest thing ever. This is ******* common sense.

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

My dream late wish list for Santa. Cincy somehow drops to 4, and a QB hungry team is now 3rd. We trade down one spot, get said teams 2nd rd pick, take Sewell at 3. Then, use our 2nd 1st, and our two early 2nd's and get, in any order, C, edge, cb or wr, whomever is highest on board. Move McGovern to G, and either sigh a G in FA, or let Clark fight it out in camp and hope he wins.

• Upvote 1

On 12/22/2020 at 8:04 AM, IndianaJet said:

If you don't want Fields and would rather take Sewell last night was potentially game changing.

If the Bengals can beat the Texans next weekend (or pull out another miracle and beat the Ravens week 17) they would finish 4-11-1 and end up drafting in the 5 slot behind 4-12 Atlanta (remaining games Chiefs and Bucs) and 4-12 Carolina (remaining games Washington and Saints).

If you want Sewell over Fields, sitting at two we can start a bidding war between Atlanta and Carolina to trade up for Fields.  This would allow us to trade back a spot or two, pick up more picks and still take Sewell before the Bengals get to him.

Big big win for the Sewell guys.  Gotta pull hard for the Bengals @ Texans

We are not taking Sewell. 

1 minute ago, section314 said:

My dream late wish list for Santa. Cincy somehow drops to 4, and a QB hungry team is now 3rd. We trade down one spot, get said teams 2nd rd pick, take Sewell at 3. Then, use our 2nd 1st, and our two early 2nd's and get, in any order, C, edge, cb or wr, whomever is highest on board. Move McGovern to G, and either sigh a G in FA, or let Clark fight it out in camp and hope he wins.

And then watch as one of the QBs you passed on becomes better than Lawrence. Meanwhile two years later either Sewell or Becton wants out because they don’t want to be on the right side anymore. 

9 minutes ago, StrawberryFields said:

Sewell is NOT as valuable to the Jets as he would be to teams who do not have franchise left tackles already in place. 

There are five highly regarded QBs besides Lawrence. The Jets will have their pick of the litter. You do not draft a player who you do not need at #2 because you are afraid of being wrong. 

You trade back with Bengals at 3 and steal a pick. Hopefully they bite. If not you just take your QB.  Panthers are taking a QB so you don't want to trade back any further than that.

1 minute ago, StrawberryFields said:

And then watch as one of the QBs you passed on becomes better than Lawrence. Meanwhile two years later either Sewell or Becton wants out because they don’t want to be on the right side anymore. 

Agreed, it's a risk you would take. And if history is a guide, has a pretty good chance of that happening.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

We are not taking Sewell. 

We are not taking Zach wilson or Justin fields either 

See I can make predictions too

We should bet charity money.

Maybe jd trades down push but if he takes a non TL qb at 2 you win and if he takes Sewell at 2 I win 

50 dollars to the charity of the winners choice 

12 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

For what it's worth even if you couldn't keep both (I think you could) you could absolutely flip one of them for a Laremy Tunsil style haul. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

We are not taking Zach wilson or Justin fields either 

See I can make predictions too

We should bet charity money.

Maybe jd trades down push but if he takes a non TL qb at 2 you win and if he takes Sewell at 2 I win 

Pay me now. JD is not taking Sewell nor is he trading back. He is taking a QB.  On our way to 1-15. Do you really think he is going to stick with Darnold?   

3 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Pay me now. JD is not taking Sewell nor is he trading back. He is taking a QB.  On our way to 1-15. Do you really think he is going to stick with Darnold?   

There is no way Douglas takes Sewell at #2. Reportedly the reason he took Becton over Wirts was his positional value (left tackle over right tackle). 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

It's pretty awesome how many #1 draft picks are still on the New York Jets since 2010. The list is too long to print here. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

25 minutes ago, StrawberryFields said:

There is no way Douglas takes Sewell at #2. Reportedly the reason he took Becton over Wirts was his positional value (left tackle over right tackle). 

I am willing to take action from both of you guys 

so confident

so bold

it should be easy money for a couple of cowboys like you? 

or are you not as confident as you sound? 

scared tommy wiseau GIF by The Room

keep in mind there are those that didn't pay me 

bet welchers 

new usernames are cheaper than following through 

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I am willing to take action from both of you guys 

so confident

so bold

it should be easy money for a couple of cowboys like you? 

or are you not as confident as you sound? 

scared tommy wiseau GIF by The Room

keep in mind there are those that didn't pay me 

bet welchers 

new usernames are cheaper than following through 

Ok bet. But if you lose you do us all a favor and leave JetNation. That’s the greatest charity I can think of.

4 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Ok bet. But if you lose you do us all a favor and leave JetNation. That’s the greatest charity I can think of.

there's a thin line between love and hate

either works for me  

it's indifference i can't stand 

you win if the Jets select a non Trevor Lawrence QB (or any non Sewell player) at 2 overall

I win if the Jets pick Sewell at 2

Trade down is a push. if they somehow get to 1 before the end of the season (Jax win) it's also a push

Thanks Wonderboy for your business, and I look forward to your new username in May 2021

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

either works for me  

you win if the Jets select a non Trevor Lawrence QB (or any non Sewell player) at 2 overall

Trade down is a push. if they somehow get to 1 before the end of the season (Jax win) it's also a push

Thanks Wonderboy for your business, and I look forward to your new username in May 2021

No you won’t be here. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

either works for me  

sure bitonti; bet is on. 

• Upvote 1