Jump to content

Trey Lance


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Thanks PS17 ! Haven't seen any film on Lance in 2019 till now. Impressive but he strikes me as more runner than thrower. I saw the NDSU / Central Arkansas game and he was less than impressive as a passer. Around 50% in that game and they are 1AA. Right now I would think he's in the race for the #3 QB taken. I personally wouldn't take him at #2 overall but hey who knows. Could be another Mahomes. 

More of a runner than a thrower but could be another Mahomes.  lol!

But I do know what you're saying.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Was wrong about this kid....

More I watched, more impressed I became.

Justin is more accurate, more natural, pure......But Trey is right there......

Would not mind going with Smith, then taking trey later.

Got to get a qb though, in case Sam....Well.....Sams.....back up plan.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember that Morgan was selected by JD for a reason. I'm not sure he's going QB in rd. 1

Have Sam play out his 4th year, see how Morgan progresses and figure it out in 2022. In the meantime we're rolling with Sam and a beefed up offense with speed!!

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not a fan of running QB's unless you have the speed and elusiveness of Jackson.  You will get hurt eventually.  That's why i kinda prefer Wilson over Fields.  They both still run too much imo.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2020 at 2:29 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Jimmy G stinks though.  

i wouldn't go so far as say he stinks.  he did get to the superbowl (and lost).  he just needs a team around him like just about every other qb.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Remember that Morgan was selected by JD for a reason. I'm not sure he's going QB in rd. 1

Have Sam play out his 4th year, see how Morgan progresses and figure it out in 2022. In the meantime we're rolling with Sam and a beefed up offense with speed!!

finally someone else is talking about morgan.  i think douglas has a hunch about this guy otherwise he wouldn't have used a 4th rounder on him.  i also don't think he was considering replacing darnold during that first draft.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rayzor said:

I'm not a fan of running QB's unless you have the speed and elusiveness of Jackson.  You will get hurt eventually.  That's why i kinda prefer Wilson over Fields.  They both still run too much imo.

This isn't 1997. With all the protection quarterbacks get by league rules.. its a different, softer game. Adapt or be left behind.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, pointman said:

This isn't 1997. With all the protection quarterbacks get by league rules.. its a different, softer game. Adapt or be left behind.

QB's are treated like runners when they run unless they slide.  They only get protection when they're behind the line.  Just look at the top rushing QB's except Lamar and Wilson.  Murray got hurt near the end of the season.  Cam took a while to get healthy.   Deshaun tore his ACL his rookie year running a read option in practice.  Daniel Jones was out several games.  Wentz from a few years ago.   Mahomes, Fields etc.  Sure, can happen to anyone but it seems like a higher risk for QB's that run.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, rayzor said:

QB's are treated like runners when they run unless they slide.  They only get protection when they're behind the line.  Just look at the top rushing QB's except Lamar and Wilson.  Murray got hurt near the end of the season.  Cam took a while to get healthy.   Deshaun tore his ACL his rookie year running a read option in practice.  Daniel Jones was out several games.  Wentz from a few years ago.   Mahomes, Fields etc.  Sure, can happen to anyone but it seems like a higher risk for QB's that run.

End of thread.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Remember that Morgan was selected by JD for a reason. I'm not sure he's going QB in rd. 1

Have Sam play out his 4th year, see how Morgan progresses and figure it out in 2022. In the meantime we're rolling with Sam and a beefed up offense with speed!!

Morgan was an absolute trash can pick.  He will have no factor on the ny jets QB situation this year or next or ever.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Morgan was an absolute trash can pick.  He will have no factor on the ny jets QB situation this year or next or ever.

You’re probably right but he was selected for some reason. Just reminding folks. These GMs can be proud stubborn folks

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Remember that Morgan was selected by JD for a reason. I'm not sure he's going QB in rd. 1

Have Sam play out his 4th year, see how Morgan progresses and figure it out in 2022. In the meantime we're rolling with Sam and a beefed up offense with speed!!

My feeling as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll admit that I haven't seen anything on this kid other than the highlight reel in the first post but the thing that stuck out from the highlights were that every play was either a horrible tackle (won't happen in NFL), a wide open WR (won't happen in the NFL), or a combination of the two. 

All that plus the lack of total games and the obviously trash competition? Buyer beware! 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I would think QB3 should be Lance vs Wilson. 

I could easily make the case for Lance to go above Wilson. Lance had like 1 bad game in a totally weird game this year. Wilson was average or worse his first two years. But in the end they both were really good for just one season. Both are longshots to be good bc of that. 

Lance did run for 1000 yards, has less injury red flags, is bigger and some may even prefer his throwing motion to Wilson. 

Lance may be a nice target after a few trade downs. With basically every team needing QB from 7-12 hell be off the board quite early. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, rayzor said:

I'm not a fan of running QB's unless you have the speed and elusiveness of Jackson.  You will get hurt eventually.  That's why i kinda prefer Wilson over Fields.  They both still run too much imo.

The most hype I’ve read about Lance is about the excellence in his passing game not just his athletic ability. Daniel Jeremiah compares him to Andrew Luck

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cant wait said:

The most hype I’ve read about Lance is about the excellence in his passing game not just his athletic ability. Daniel Jeremiah compares him to Andrew Luck

He's an interesting prospect for sure. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

He is too inexperienced IMO. He only played one year in college and had entire games where he threw less than 10 passes. He would need a lot of development and the jets aren’t the right team for that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Paradis said:

Rnd 3-4. Betting everything on development 

Agreed.  There is just too little of a sample size, and what little there is, is against FCS competition.   I can’t imagine JD going near a kid like this to address the QB situation.  He wasted a 4th on Morgan last year, how many project QBs can you have on the roster?   

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed.  There is just too little of a sample size, and what little there is, is against FCS competition.   I can’t imagine JD going near a kid like this to address the QB situation.  He wasted a 4th on Morgan last year, how many project QBs can you have on the roster?   

Lance’s tools are too tantalizing for him to last until the 4th. He’s not getting out of the 2nd round- especially if he’s as sharp in interviews as he supposedly is

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Lance’s tools are too tantalizing for him to last until the 4th. He’s not getting out of the 2nd round- especially if he’s as sharp in interviews as he supposedly is

Won’t make it to the 4th

 

will make it to 23😁

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Barkus said:

He is too inexperienced IMO. He only played one year in college and had entire games where he threw less than 10 passes. He would need a lot of development and the jets aren’t the right team for that. 

Meanwhile Fields has only started half a season more and people are threatening suicide if the jets don’t take him at 2

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...